Easily complete Aperture Science achievement

I hate this so much... i was only about 4 away from getting all gold then i tried this on the impossible ones. But i might have done it wrong and now it set my gold challenges to 0 and it made it so i can't do any challenges. WTF?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope works fine i got stuck on the last challenge for least portals (where you have to go up the 5 or so platforms above the acid/poison liquid) couldn't get the portals to go where i wanted them and had to do 4 moves with 3 portals :( so tested the portal anywhere cheat on that total bitch of a level and now i'm going to do the rest without cheats but for those who can't be bothered or just can't do it, it works 100% (at least on least portals anyway)

I watched some of the videos on youtube on how to do the levels using least steps and OMG its looks soooo hard some of the levels are done so quick using the portal gun and also it would take me ages to know where to put the portals to get to a certain place or to get an item to a certain place, i can just about deal with the least portal challenges lol.

Thanks, this works well for the least portals, but what about the least time and least steps? :(

Hehe, someone's gonna have to find a way to do those :p

These cheats actually work really well for "least steps" because you can skip a lot of the level sometimes by placing a portal where you normally couldn't.

On the "least time" challenges, when you start the level save immediately, like in the first second. Then take your time entering the cheats you are going to use. Then reload that save you made in the first second of the level. All of your cheats should still be active and it's like you didn't waste any time entering them!

These cheats do not help at all on some levels, but on some they do. Good Luck!

I would think that people use it cause the gold medals are harder then hell and at times all most impossible unless your lucky or devote your entire life to geting them cause its not really believable when people say they got em in a day or on the first playthrough which has been said in this thread.

but from what i've heard in the thread achievements aren't unlocked if you cheat, even if you do the save game after loading technique.

Yeah, but I still didn't use the cheats in Half-Life 2. :)

Wow...Oh My Goodness...You Are So Awesome...Please Father My Children. Give them a break man, this is a thread about cheating...not about how you are so amazing that you could do anything in the world and never cheat once. I guarantee that you have cheated one time or another, so please for the love of God just SHUT UP!

The title of this thread is very misleading, most of the time the cheats don't even help (especially since crouching will count towards steps...so there goes the box cheat)

And I don't feel like spending the rest of my life trying to get these achievements, so I hereby award Portal with a little achievement of my own.

http://achievements.schrankmonster.de/Achievement.aspx?text=5G%20-%20Most%20Annoying%20Thing%20EVER

Thanks anyway though.

its not really believable when people say they got em in a day

I literally got them in a day, the ones I got stuck on I'd check out a video for, and the only one that was *really* difficult was the companion cube level least steps. It is possible to do, on the steps levels 20% or so is luck getting the jump steps right etc.

These cheats actually work really well for "least steps" because you can skip a lot of the level sometimes by placing a portal where you normally couldn't.

On the "least time" challenges, when you start the level save immediately, like in the first second. Then take your time entering the cheats you are going to use. Then reload that save you made in the first second of the level. All of your cheats should still be active and it's like you didn't waste any time entering them!

These cheats do not help at all on some levels, but on some they do. Good Luck!

Is this true?

• 4 weeks later...
You think so? My achievement was glitched so I was back to 0 and I managed to complete it in less than a day using those cheats. You can greatly reduce steps by using the portal anywhere cheat and you can actually skip great lenghts of levels in the time challenges by spawning an energy ball or swimming in the toxic liquid with invincibility.
i just found the cheats today and i thought it would be wrong of me to use them but i couldn't stop myself. they're pretty useful in my opinion and not just for achievements or completing levels. the make me feel free to explore all aspects of the levels and it's just interesting to see what all portal has to offer. even if people don't intend to use cheats to get achievements i'd encourage the use of them just to fuck around. it's fun:)