Tips for Earthworm Never Dies

Jet1337

Wasn't #2 helpful? Okay, here's a good tip:

On For Pete's Sake, if you have less than 25% health you might as well start over. If you have over 25%, you're fine. When meteor showers start, let Pete fall off the platform. It'll cost you 10% health. Do this twice because that's how many meteor showers strike before you find health atoms.

Edited by Jet1337

Here are a few tips:

1. Play through the game a few times so you can get used to what you have to deal with.

2. Try not to speed through any levels. You can get yourself killed really easily if you try to rush things.

3. Kill any threats as soon as possible and as safely as possible (i.e., if you're surrounded, use your gun).

4. When you first try to do this, see how far you get before you die. Then, load up the level and practice it until you think it won't cause any problems.

Obviously it takes a lot of practice and patience. I just got the game today, but I've played it on the SNES when I was younger.

haha, quality tips!

if i may actually give some serious tips:

be careful and take your time on snot a problem rounds I and II. if you're careful you can get through these two rounds without a hit and then you'll be better off clearing round III.

the ending of intestinal distress has a lot of health pickups so you should be reaching the boss with almost 100% health. if you come to this boss with two plasmas he'll go down in two seconds. the tough part is saving them because i believe the prior level where you can actually pick them up is in what the heck. so save them but don't use them.

if you finish intestinal distress with 100% health, andy asteroids VII should be easy. each asteroid hit takes 10% off of your health. you'll still want to win the race but having a buffer of 9 hits makes it much easier.

for those stuck on buttville, just use the "continue" option to practice this run at the beginning. there is a hard path and an easy path and with practice it should be easy for you.

when you come up to the final boss' tail you should have one plasma on you (if you swing around above this area you will unlock a set of four). one hit with the plasma and the tail is killed.

when you get to the final boss whip it. you can unload hundreds of rounds of ammo into it or you can whip it once. i'd whip it, whip it good.

funny thread but i hope this helps!

Edited by madmankevin

Hints for the game.

Level 1 "New Junk City I": Pretty straight forward to do take it slow pick up as many gun ammo you can for the dancing rubbish bin, just keep spraying at him and he'll go down on 4 wheels keep shooting him and jump over him when he moves, shoot as you land and he'll go down.

Level 2 "New Junk City II": Here's a good level for picking up a good bit of ammo have had over 3000 ammo here myself and 8 Plasma ammo. Once you go over all the jumps you'll get your suit back continue on to the boss. Key to killing this guy once you hit him with the crate stand underneath him while he throws up fish. Rinse and repeat also don't for get to shoot the horns he drops.

Level 3 "What The Heck?": This level can be annoying but also quite easy, make your way through the level using the whip to kill the shadow monsters to conserve ammo. Once you come across the first whip gate (Just after you go up the green jem) there's a whip spot under the banker that can be useful to skip the "Snowman Boss" once you whip yourself down you can proceed to pick up the red health orb.

Rush up the top as the falling objects come towards you as you get up the first climable area stand under the ledge and keep jumping to avoid getting hit continue along till you get to "Evil The Cat". My method to the first part is stand in the bottom left corner and keep jumping to avoid the fire, rinse repeat till you get your suit back. Part two of the boss, easiest way to kill him is spray around in a corner and jump either left or right what ever suits to avoid the fire rinse repeat till he's been hit 9 time.

Level 4 "Down the Tubes": The way I went through this level was using my plasma ammo for the apes, kills them off and saves you a good bit of time too, level is pretty sraight forward to do afterwards, once you hit the end of the level instead of going through the beam to finish the level there is a red health orb in the top left ledge :)

Level 5: "Down the Tubes II": Straight forward level again, use your plasma's to kill the yellow cats and apes to save time and health, once your in the sumbarine ball take it slowly and carefully to manoveour to the end.

Level 6 "Snot a Problem": Most annoying level I came across, always seemed to die on my first and second playthroughs.

Tips to beat him nice and easy, once you fall you can knock him a few times into the wall before he starts spinning once he starts spinning either hold up or down depending on what way the Snot monster is positioned, once hes stopped smack him into the wall.

Round 2: Now that the swamp monster is gonna be trying to kill you can make it tricky, use the methods I mentioned above but once he starts spinning push yourself very close to the edge either side as the swamp monster can't eat you in the very corners. Take it slow and you should be able to do it, repeat same methods for round 3.

Level 7 "Level 5": Level 5 is a pretty straight forward level that you just take very slowly as you can easily get caught off not paying attention to small drops and electric shock planets. Only part that should annoy you is on your way to the chicken boss is making your way through the Doctors and floating eyes, no real threat you've got guns :p.

Now for the chicken boss, method I use to kill him is stand in the left and shoot his egg missiles, wait till hes floating above you and stand under the meat shoot. Use this as an opening to spam him with the switch that drops meat.

Now onto the free fall part... My method to do this is shoot him once then move far away from him going around in a circle and keep shooting him moving away repeating this should help you all out down he goes after a few repeats of this.

Level 8 "For Pete's Sake": Another fun level... What you need to do here is have over 30% Health if not your done for simple as, right onto tips to do this level.

Push forward to see the first tenticle whip Pete and before he lands shoot the tenticle rinse repeat for the rest of the tenticles. Once you see some rocks falling towards you rotate your analog stick or d-pad around in a circle to keep the meteor shower at bay, continue onwards taking is slow to avoid losing your life.

Level 8 "Intestinal Distress": Fun level, take this slow also hope to have over 50% health take this level slow as there's enough annoyances of rolling objects to kill you off plus you don't wanna be dying now as your so far in. Move onwards and upwards avoiding the rolling and bouncing objects to save your health for the bouncing boss up ahead YAY. This boss needs to be whipped to death, some say you can plasma him but I've never done it with the plasma (apparently 2 shots kills him) to kill him with the whip keep jumping back away from him and whipping moving left to right and eventually he'll go down.

Level 9 "Buttville": People seem to have the most trouble of this level, I will try record footage of this but it may be poor quality.

Anyways jump over to the right and make sure to stay right till you get to the parts with the spikes that seperate (You'll see a 1up here too ignore it) once you get down below head left if you go right expect hardness left is straight forward and easy saving you health. :)

Level 10 "Buttville II" Final level people pat yourself on the back if you've made it here without dying :) now for the final tips I can give you push forward to the right till you get to the whip parts whip back and forward till you get up the ledge, push to the left for some enemies spray and kill these move and grab the ammo. Whip the hook and hold up/right on the d-pad/analog this makes you go further, land and shoot the hive and whip the centepide. Jump down till you get to the bottom watch out now here's annoying little green things jump around these till your on the top and you gotta make sure to jump over the spikes to the right and heli head down to the left.

Nearly there :D now go to the left and jump over to the whip and make your way up the whip vine rush past the green ear wig thing and the hive and jump and heli head to the right. Land on the platform, and continue up whipping the centerpides, (Tip keep jumping on the platform till the head pops out otherwise you'll fall off) make your way up along the top and go acoss the hang space, now for the trickest part you've to fall use "A" to fall and grab the hook (Hardest part of the game me thinks) now the final run, jump on the platforms and kill each centerpide by jumping whipping make your way to the right and fall down.

Boss one, easy jump whip go right rinse repeat and you'll fall down, now as you land head to the left and you'll kill some small things, then you'll come across green snot platforms, now just went for the platform to rotate and jump to the next platform rotate around again and just whip up into the Queen dead easy ;)

Pat yourself on the back for doing this without dying and earning your 35GS for Earthworm Never Dies.

Sorry if this is really long just thought I'd post my tips for all of you to use.

I'm having the most trouble with Snot a Problem, For Pete's Sake and Intestinal Distress.

Snot a Problem is totally random. And gay.

For Pete's Sake annoys me alot with the meteors always coming at the worst possible time.

And Intestinal Distress is just a bitch of a level. The rolling things suck and the boss drives me insane.

I kinda mastered Buttville already, so at least no probs there for me :p

I'm having the most trouble with Snot a Problem, For Pete's Sake and Intestinal Distress.

Snot a Problem is totally random. And gay.

For Pete's Sake annoys me alot with the meteors always coming at the worst possible time.

And Intestinal Distress is just a bitch of a level. The rolling things suck and the boss drives me insane.

I kinda mastered Buttville already, so at least no probs there for me :p

at the boss by Intestinal Distress is easy ... he jump a round correct ? u must in the left corner ... and shot him with the plasma x 4 and baaam down :p

i have only problems by "snot a problem" :(

Thankfully I just got this done, and here are some tips for what I consider to be the "hard" parts of the game.

Snot a problem (my worst level by far): Ok on the first round take it slow, hit him a few times and back off when you know he is going to start spinning. You should be looking to do this round without getting hit. Second is pretty much the same, as long as you go right into the corner the monster can't get you. On the last round pretty much go crazy on him smashing him as much as possible. It probably is just luck, I guess I got lucky =)

For Pete's sake: I actually started this level with 15 health and via absolute b.s Pete strolled right into the first vine leaving me with 5! The best advice I can give is to start spraying as soon as you see the first rocks indicating a meteor shower. Also instead of whipping him once, jump and whip him again while in the air to effectively "bounce" him across the level.

Intestinal distress boss: If (like me) you have no plasma rounds, what you want to do is run under him when he jumps and then spray behind you while he is in the air and he will puff up each time you do damage. Simply run back under him and spray behind again... You get the idea, it can easily be done without getting hit.

Buttville: The first part with the spikes can easily be perfected with a little practice. The main problem here is on the next stage which is the final whip, and if you miss... you die. The only thing i can say is don't try too hard, just go for it! If you make it you have basically got it in the bag.

Edited by z I ToP CaT I z
Sp. Mistake

Going to have to agree that everyone who is saying you need x-amount of health on snot a problem - is snot an issue.

On for pete's sake you can either launch the dog in the air most of the level and take a more cautious route, when nearing those plants, hit the dog and while the dog is in mid-air, shoot the plant. Makes things much easier.

Also, for the asteroids that come on For Pete's Sake, if you wiggle the stick back and forth you'll rarely get hit.

Edited by Todaysforgotten

• 2 weeks later...

For pete's sake when u can keep running and let the dog walk so you can predict meteor showers, on intestinal watch the balls and theyr movimentes to avoid them, on snot a problem i don't know a good tip, he is very random some times he is easy other times he attacks you all the time...

For that achievement you need a lot of patient and luck or there is a glitch, every time you loose you have to start over from the begin...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Am I the only one that let Pete fall into the pits the second the meteors were getting ready to fall? I personally think that is a much safer thing to do since Pete grabbing you and dragging you back only takes away 10% (iirc, it's been a while), and the meteors stop immediately. This is also useful when going for the speedrun achievement.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For Snot a Problem, it makes the level much easier if you never slap the boss. So don't hit A, just use the directional stick. When I drop down by the alligator or whatever, I try to be right by one of the sides, if you're getting pushed toward the wall hold up at the very bottom and you should shoot out of there above the snot. Then you should be able to stay close to the edge and he'll stay just about straight under you, move over when you get to the top and start hitting him against the wall.

Hopefully this helps make this level pretty easy. The last few times I played I beat it with almost full health using this method. Now I just have to finish Level 5 with enough life to beat For Pete's Sake......

EDIT: Just got the achievement and I took zero damage in Snot A Problem so I'm thinking the method i mentioned above works pretty well. I also used the D-pad in this level rather than the joystick because it's easier to hold up and down perfectly straight for me.

Also, I started out For Pete's Sake with 3% health on one of my attempts and I made it to the health. I immediately proceeded to jump off a ledge and die, but nonetheless, you can definitely get past this with very low health. You should have a ton of ammo at this point for the meteor showers so there's no need to take any damage.

In intestinal distress the boss goes down with a few plasma shots so if you can get passed the boulders and whatnot in good health this should be pretty easy. I generally jumped onto platforms the boulders roll down and ducked under them.

In Buttville, keep jumping up and down on the round platforms that you fall off if you stand still and whip the pincher things that chop you in half. One plasma kills the first mini-boss type thing you get to and one hit with the whip kills the end boss.

Once I figured out the Snot a Problem level I'd say it took me a good five tries before I got this. Good luck.

Edited by ooandyb
updated