Stupid messer sandman

PoMoGub

Ok this achievement is really starting to piss me off. First of all, I've stunned 4, 5 and even 6 guards at a time and it won't pop. This is by getting a friggin army following me and finding an alley to bottleneck them. On top of this, contrary to the guide's recommendation to do it outside of combat I can't throw sand unless someone is directly attacking me. This includes combat in general as well as when I throw a smoke bomb. I see achievement videos of people throwing a smoke bomb and then easily getting it but for some reason whenever I do it Ezio just decides for me that the plan is escape and combat ends. Once the guards are no longer stunned and land one free hit he resumes combat. It's done this the entire game so I thought it was normal until now. I'm attempting this in Forli if that matters. I've zoned and came back but it still won't pop.

Any ideas?

Yeah, this one glitched for me as well. Took at least 5 tries of doing it correctly for the thing to pop up.

Do what I did. Go to the Venice restricted area and clear out the guards from the outside near the gate. I did this in trying for the No Hitter achievement. After clearing out the guards, I saw 4 guards behind the gate. They were trying to get to me, but since the gate was blocking them, they were stuck. So since I had killed all the guards. I took my time and threw the sand at them. And after doing it correctly twice finally got this achievement.

That's what I did. Maybe that will help. Good luck!

I also had a bit of trouble with this one too. I did find a solution that actually worked for me getting both the Sweeper and Messer Sandman achievements.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycLxyZ2yz9o]YouTube- Messer sandman achievement guide in assassins creed 2[/ame]

Find that staircase in the video and attract some guards. Bottle-neck them into that staircase and you should have no problem getting it. Then for Sweeper, try to find a longed weapon guard and smoke bomb him, stick a hidden-blade into his back and then pick up his spear. Once you have the spear head back to the stairway and wait for the guards to cluster again.

To note, in order to sweep guards you have to learn the tactic from the fighting trainer at the base of your Vila.

Hope this works for you.

Edited by xSeifer13x

yea that vid looks easy, but what happens when you lure them to that staircase? they all start BEATING YOU to death..... that's what happens to me.. i die every time because that place has like 100 guards, and they take 4 hits unless you dodge.

This and No-Hitter are the only ones i can not seem to get...

This one is driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!!. I hold X and he punches. Really pissing me off. I'll try this spot, but i think it's just the fact that it's a glitched achievement

IT'S NOT GLITCHED! People need to stop calling "glitch!" when they are having difficulty executing the achievement. Granted, it's hard to pull off, but there is nothing wrong with it.

Simple Troubleshoot Guide

1. Did you learn the technique?

2. Are you pressing the right buttons?

3. Are you in combat?

4. If the move is pulled of, did you see 4 guards start holding their face?

If any of those 4 lines has not been completed, you will NOT get the achievement!

EDIT: And use your signature option dude. When I quoted you I got your gamercard with it and everything. Did you honestly repost your gamercard for every single one of your posts?

I wouldn't say it's glitched, but definitely super picky.

I tried for about an hour and for sure stunned 4 guards at least 3 different times. Smoke bombs didnt work as I couldnt pick up sand until the guards came to again. I finally got it when I got archers and guards w/o armor to follow me, they dont seem to strike as consistently and took longer between hits.

I also had a bit of trouble with this one too. I did find a solution that actually worked for me getting both the Sweeper and Messer Sandman achievements.

YouTube- Messer sandman achievement guide in assassins creed 2

Find that staircase in the video and attract some guards. Bottle-neck them into that staircase and you should have no problem getting it. Then for Sweeper, try to find a longed weapon guard and smoke bomb him, stick a hidden-blade into his back and then pick up his spear. Once you have the spear head back to the stairway and wait for the guards to cluster again.

To note, in order to sweep guards you have to learn the tactic from the fighting trainer at the base of your Vila.

Hope this works for you.

This got both achievements for me on the first try! Thanks man!

This one is driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!!. I hold X and he punches. Really pissing me off. I'll try this spot, but i think it's just the fact that it's a glitched achievement

http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/STONE+DEVIL.png

http://card.mygamercard.net/crest/STONE+DEVIL.png

The achievement isn't glitched i did this first time. Try doing it in Florence it worked for me.

Hope this works for you.

thanks for this tip. i was trying to get this achievement everywhere but like the OP stated, Ezio always does something else other than throw sand and when i finally get him to grab some sand... he'll get struck down already. That tip about the gate and guards on the other side didn't work for me either, there ain't sh!t for guards on the other side of that gate that will catch any attention. but running up the steps worked like a charm after a few tries. if this helps, while sprinting away from the angry mob of kazillion guards, throw the right stick around where you can throw the camera angle to show Ezio's frontside (like he's running towards the camera), then that way it's easier to measure the distance away from the guards giving chase. then press LT to lock onto a guard chasing you, then stop and hold down X. that should give enough distance for ezio to complete the sand-grabbing animation and stun enough guards to unlock the achievement. and like someone already mentioned already, its good to have all 15 vials of health and health maxed out before trying for this achievement. HTH

Edited by HyphyR6

YouTube- Messer sandman achievement guide in assassins creed 2

Hope this works for you.

this worked like a charm for me

had to do it twice cause i kept dropping the dam spear

fyi

the sandman one i was in roma in the audiotore cape

and had like a good 15 guards chasing me

id run until i was a good distance away and then go into fight mode smoke bomb

then before they became conscious its lets you pick up sand and just wait until you have five right in front of you and throw.

I couldn't get this to pop to save my life. He won't do it unless he fighting, then half the time he punch him, or he wouldn't pull it off in time or he do it and it wouldn't pop. I eventually got it because a crowd of about a dozen of them glitched after I canceled out of a jump. The all kept trying to take the jump so I just stood behind them and threw sand until it popped. It took like 3 tries even with that crowd there.

Hope this works for you.

Great place to do this! Thanks for the tip. :uzi:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I know how to throw sand, however I can't. I purchased all weapons and the game automatically equipped me with the Metal Cestus. Considering you need unarmed fists to throw sand, this is a problem.

My problem isn't the achievement itself (which sounds VERY easy) but disarming to "plain" fists. There is no option for that in the weapon room (i checked). So thats my dilema.

Any suggestions?