Can't end Delta Labs 1!!!

Zacry072

I'm on my Nightmare run and got to the end of the Delta Labs Sector 1 level and the elevator won't let me on! It says "Low Power" despite me having turned on the reactor and completing every objective. Now my mission objective just says "Find the Main Portal" and there's nothing else for me to do. I've gone back through the level a couple of times now and nothing. I don't have any save files outside of this level, so I can't start at the end of the last mission or anything. Am I screwed out of all of this hard work getting to this point!?!?

Welp I'm burned then. There's no other button to press and I just watched a video walkthrough and I did everything correctly. Time to start the game over! Yay!

Make sure you keep two or more saves this time. One at the previous level, one at the start of your current level, then one for current level progress. Then replace then as you go along.

Well I had plenty of save files, it's just that I only had saves from that level and even loading from my earliest save file didn't make a difference. I'll just have to keep at least one save from the previous level each time now. Lesson learned. I was only 3 hours in but those were 3 tough hours.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Make sure you keep two or more saves this time. One at the previous level, one at the start of your current level, then one for current level progress. Then replace then as you go along.

I cannot support this enough!

There's another thread regarding the ladder glitches. It happened to me and was forever stuck in a room. Reloading saves did nothing as once the level is loaded, nothing is going to change. You need to start the level over and I was like 4 levels back (thankfully past Hell so they were short).

I kept a save right before I activated end level switches and always kept 3 levels worth of saves. This is just my collectibles run so not as bad as Nightmare, but still.

glitch is triggered if you press the exit lift before you power the generator. you'll know for next time :)

Okay, can you be a bit more detailed on that statement? I'm at the end of this level too, with the next earliest save being 3-4 levels back, and hoping to find a way to fix this.

Thanks in advance.

^This.^

I use all the save slots, but I always keep 1 save from the very start of each level until I've reached the next one, when I overwrite it. I encountered this glitch too, but I reloaded from the start of the level and did it all again, and it worked.

I'm on Erebus 4 on RoE now, so I should finish my Nightmare runs tonight. Just the MP to mop up then.

• 1 month later...
glitch is triggered if you press the exit lift before you power the generator. you'll know for next time :)

I cannot believe they did NOT fix this. I remember reporting this to id back in September 2004, like a lot of other people. Damn, I totally forgot about this, until today. And now I'm stuck in front of this stupid elevator. Again. :mad:

I cannot believe they did NOT fix this. I remember reporting this to id back in September 2004, like a lot of other people. Damn, I totally forgot about this, until today. And now I'm stuck in front of this stupid elevator. Again. :mad:

Same here. I ran into this bullshit on my nightmare run and had to restart the game because of it. Can't believe that id is too lazy to fix a 9 (!!!) years old glitch. Screw them. Replaying that mess that Doom 3 is makes me wonder how bad Doom 4 is going to be, the last good id game was Quake 3 imo..

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
You really shouldn't be mad at id because of this. Sure, it's an old game and they should have fixed it, but it's really your own fault for not knowing about it and or having extra save files before you trigger the glitch.

Are you for real? We all should have known about some random ass glitch??? I cant believe i have to start my nightmare run over again because of a glitch that should have been fixed when they ported this to the 360. In fact, screw this game, im done. Absolute bullshit.

Are you for real? We all should have known about some random ass glitch??? I cant believe i have to start my nightmare run over again because of a glitch that should have been fixed when they ported this to the 360. In fact, screw this game, im done. Absolute bullshit.

So what you are saying is that you knew that there was a glitch in the PC game and chose to ignore it/forget about it when you played on the 360...? Because one could interpret that sentence as though you had previously played this on the PC and had previous knowledge about the glitch.

Regardless... With a game like Doom 3, where you can never go back to the beginning of a level or any level for that matter without a save, you really should have known that having previous saves for different levels was the only way to go. Once you play the some of the first level, you realize that you can't go back, so why wouldn't you keep different saves? Anybody who has ever played this game knows this. I think that's what Nevander is saying, and I happen to agree with him, on this particular game.

I didn't even know about this glitch (until I read about it in here, plus I haven't even gotten that far in the campaign), but I knew enough, since I had played it on the PC, that you couldn't go back to previous areas. So I made save files at the beginning and approximate middle of every single section, and once I was a few levels past it, I overwrote it.

It's common sense really. Some people just don't have the thought capacity to see 10 minutes in front of them, which sadly is the case of everyone that this glitch happened to with no previous saves. Your own fault... yes.