DLC Problem

Nevander

Excuse me...what?

Metro is everything but a polished game plus it took them well over 2 months to release 108 kb piece of game code.

Unless your post is a sarcastic joke of course...

Whether its really polished or not, metro 2033 was one of the best gaming experiences iv had in a while. Since then I have purchased the STALKER games, which were all great as-well. 4A Is now one of my favorite developers and i am very happy to see that they are still supporting their games.Edit: I know they didnt make STALKER but many of the developers of stalker work at 4A.

I don't think this was an actual DLC just an unlock key. I mean 108K no way that's code for anything.
The DlC is not something that 4A thought up, fans wanted the changes(more bullet damage harder game-play). Unless your telling me that 4A can see into the future, its unlikely that all this stuff was on the disc from launch. What i was told was the new difficulty levels were in the last title update so as to save money since it costs 4A less to resale updates then to add higher file size DLC.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am glad they are looking into the issue at least.

Take Mercenaries 2 world in flames.

-millionaire achievement won't unlock....it should be one of the 1st chievos

-billionaire achievement won't unlock...This is a hard one to get so ouch!

-They shut down the servers and pandemic studios so when there is a problem they are screwed...

-You cannot boot the game up while connected to XBL as it will crash.

-I contacted EA about the achievements, they said "look into forums for solutions"

-I contacted EA about the servers, they said "the servers are still up and running..." ¬¬

Anyhoo, I finished Metro 2033, got the 1000G and haven't played it since lol. Didn't draw me in...although I do want to go back and play it for some reason...

The other say i just booted the game and did an update, thats all..

Lets hope this is al fixed so i can get to volt driver killing later! yay

Excuse me...what?

Metro is everything but a polished game plus it took them well over 2 months to release 108 kb piece of game code.

Unless your post is a sarcastic joke of course...

dude, aside from fact that the AI can hear a missed throwing knife from across the map this is an amazingly polished game. it is visually astounding and the atmosphere is the most imersive ive seen in a long time. And dude u cant tell me russian isnt the best accent in the world.

i have this game on the pc. Can i still unlock achievements with it through my Xbox Gamertag like dawn of war 2 ?

No. The PC games you can earn achievements for will say "Games for Windows LIVE" on the box, not just "Games for Windows".

Also, you can go to Microsoft's website to see a list of the GFWL and GFW games.

Two things, first you say 4A is loyal and would do their best to please customers, will they have anyway of refunding the dlc purchase? I assume no due to it being a Microsoft service. I like the game yet am renting it on gamefly and don't want to be stuck with a title waiting for an update. The second thing, if they won't refund would you suggest sending it back for now or do you believe a fix is on the horizon. Not to incite riots, but this company says one thing yet doesn't quite deliver on their time frame. That said, great game which I love due to the atmosphere that hangs heavily, reminds me of my first journey into Black Messa.

Yea this sucks, before I even new there was a problem with the dlc I very happily downloaded it and went for my first cheevie. Little did I know after sitting in one spot and killing muty after muty with the combat knife for over a hour, I would not be awarded my hard earned lil cheevie. Twas a sad sad day it was.....a sad day. >.<

Edited by Miss Allen86

I hate people like this, everyone file a complaint on this kid

Thats hilariously bad, the achievements are all still in the original order from the list, and he got them all in 1 day, then all the DLC ones in the next...lolage

Come on 4A, update us again at least on the matter! =)

James

Two things, first you say 4A is loyal and would do their best to please customers, will they have anyway of refunding the dlc purchase? I assume no due to it being a Microsoft service. I like the game yet am renting it on gamefly and don't want to be stuck with a title waiting for an update. The second thing, if they won't refund would you suggest sending it back for now or do you believe a fix is on the horizon. Not to incite riots, but this company says one thing yet doesn't quite deliver on their time frame. That said, great game which I love due to the atmosphere that hangs heavily, reminds me of my first journey into Black Messa.

I don't want to sound sarcastic but if you are talking about a refund, a lot of people have games with buged achievements. As I personally see the achievements as part of the game, developers/publishers (whoever is responsible in the end) would have to refund a lot of money for not delivering a 100% working game.

I think developers/publishers support achievement bugs as long as the effort is not to much and therefore doesn't cost them to much money.

That's my point of view, please don't hurt me :)

I'm a little out of the loop here. I bought the DLC but haven't played it yet because I keep reading about bugs and was waiting for a guide. Is the DLC bugged for some people or can't anybody unlock achievements at all? I could give it a try, but I'm afraid it will mess with my achievement list in the game:mad:

No Joshi I understand what you are saying, I will return the game until when and if the chievos are fixed. /rant on/ I'm just saying that if the chievos don't get fixed I feel conned as they were the reason I bought the content and its false advertising that allured me into a purchase that was essentialy broken. I understand they are trying their best and I shall practice patience, as long as they DO fix it I have no problem. I hope not in a year but regardless if they stay unlockable achievements it will leave a bitter taste in my mouth /rant off/

Two things, first you say 4A is loyal and would do their best to please customers, will they have anyway of refunding the dlc purchase? I assume no due to it being a Microsoft service.

Of course they won't have any way of refunding the DLC because it's microsoft who handles the DLCs distribution...

I'm a little out of the loop here. I bought the DLC but haven't played it yet because I keep reading about bugs and was waiting for a guide. Is the DLC bugged for some people or can't anybody unlock achievements at all? I could give it a try, but I'm afraid it will mess with my achievement list in the game:mad:

Everyones is currently glitched. The only people who have unlocked the achievements are hackers.

I can always dream, though I have heard on occasion that Microsoft does give refunds so I threw it out there to see if anyone had tried. Anyways, I've learned a valuable lesson, investigate on this site if DLC is broken BEFORE purchasing.

I knew the DLC was broken and I bought it anyway.

I'm just waiting for a patch.

Well, I'm pretty sure that this whole "it's MS' fault" thing is just a pathetic lie. I might be wrong (feel free to correct me if that is the case), but MS' screw-up is when the DLC comes out and yet they (Microsoft that is) fail to update xbox.com. Since this isn't the case here, than I think it can be safely assumed that A4 is the one who screwed-up (just like EA messed up with the Chapters of Deceit DLC).

Of course they won't have any way of refunding the DLC because it's microsoft who handles the DLCs distribution...

Everyones is currently glitched. The only people who have unlocked the achievements are hackers.

If hackers are the only ones with these achievements, then it won't be hard for MS to :uzi:the hackers. Got to wonder if this was planned??

I rented this game today in hopes of 100% completing it, but the DLC is still not unlocking? Damn. I really liked this game.

Also, why is one of the Achievements doubled up? What I mean is, isn't Air Bender 20:gsicon: (DLC; Kill 30 humans with only pneumatic weapons) the same as Air Gunner 30:gsicon: (Original; Kill 30 enemies using pneumatic weapons)?

Any news on a possible patch coming soon?

Ok I called and talked to two people first one asked me to get the in game error message which is roughly "The Downloaded content needs the most recent title update in order to be accessed. If the title update is removed then the save data will not be avalable in the load menu, saved data will instead appear corrupted and ask to be overwritten which will erase the saved game. The most recent title update must be redownloaded to access previously saved games linked to the downloaded content."

I also cleared my cache :( and it didn't fix it. the second person said there was no eta on a patch. I don't think customer service was aware of an issue. I e-mailed them on the 5th and got a cut and paste answer about achv not updating. The reps said I needed to contact THQ for more information as it was an issue on their end. And I've tweeted THQ a couple times and msged the thqinsider ID and gotten no response.

BASICALLY there is no new info and NO ETA on a fix. I'll give it another week I guess and then ask for a refund.