CoD best game ever made?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I am aware of painkiller being a deathstreak. But everyone who has played Mw2 has one way or another had painkiller activated atleast once. No matter how good you are. I get it a lot and I have a 2.00+ k/d. Once you have the painkiller on you're pretty much unstoppable for that 10 seconds.
Everyone does have it activated once in a while like being Spawn Camped, which that happened with me. The majority of the players use it are Bad players that use it as a replacement for Juggernaut in their perk line up, which its overpowered compared with Juggernaut anyways with the whole invincibilty for 10 seconds.

In terms of sales, yeah, unfortunately it's the best.

In terms of the game series itself..... far from it.

MW2 was better
Thats your Opinion while an explaination or reason comes with that Opinion of yours. Edited by Blueprotoss

Thats your Opinion while an explaination or reason comes with that Opinion of yours.

Just thought the story was way better and more in depth. Love black ops online, but MW2 has way better maps. Thats just my opinion

Thread is full of funny fanboys.

Black Ops sold off the success of IW and the MW brand..

Nothing else.. If the MW games had flopped, Black Ops would have to.

Engine is pure garbage compared to IWs in the MW games.. Treyarch is the Red Headed step-son to IW

MP is well balanced and great and all, but its very easy IMO.. and the SP is rankable in the Top 3.. But that stupid dark treyarch feel messes it up.

Blops belongs in the top 3 cod games right after MW and MW2.. But, i would accept anyone saying it is number 1, mostly because the MW games took a bit more work to handle tubers and campers and ppl exploiting perks.

Black Ops sold off the success of IW and the MW brand. Nothing else.. If the MW games had flopped, Black Ops would have to.

Engine is pure garbage compared to IWs in the MW games..

MP is well balanced and great and all, but its very easy IMO

Doesn't every CoD bank off of the success of the previous game? It sounds like you are saying that to bash Black Ops because Treyarch made it. If that's the case, the word fanboy comes to mind.

Haha, what's garbage about it? It has good graphics and handles the same as the other CoD games. I can't wait to hear your answer.

What's easy? To do well? If that's what you're saying, I completely disagree. They made it so you can't use cheap things like OMA/Noob tubes. So no, it isn't easy to do well, especially against a team that knows what they are doing.

*SPOILER*

Disregarding what I think is the best game ever made, due to this being a Call of Duty forum, personally I think it is a tie between FF7, Chrono Cross, or Legend of Dragoon), when it comes to the actual storyline, Black Ops is pretty darn amazing. No other Call of Duties captured my attention and the split personality aspect, something I love especially in psychological thriller movies, with Reznov was great. Reznov was my favorite character from all COD's and seeing him again was fun. =]

Engine is pure garbage compared to IWs in the MW games.. Treyarch is the Red Headed step-son to IW

MP is well balanced and great and all, but its very easy IMO.. and the SP is rankable in the Top 3.. But that stupid dark treyarch feel messes it up.

Blops belongs in the top 3 cod games right after MW and MW2.. But, i would accept anyone saying it is number 1, mostly because the MW games took a bit more work to handle tubers and campers and ppl exploiting perks.

Personally its filled with people with a clear picture while some of the people like you are Blind or Ignorant.

You could say that about every AAA title like Mario, Final Fantasy, Zelda, Halo, MoH, Rainbow 6, Street Fighter, and Half-Life to name a few.

Again that could be said about every AAA title while speculation doesn't work.

Thats your Opinion while the Engines in WaW and BO are better especially when people moan about Treyarch for no reason other then Fanboyism.

Again thats your Opinion especially when you're part of the Minority and don't forget that BO is #1 for Sale Records. Treyarch took away most of the power from Tubers and Campers by removing OMA. Btw you won't get rid of Campers especially when scoped weapons are in Shooters.

Nope World at War didnt have the success the other 3 games in the franchise did.
WaW didn't do well as the other CoD when it was released while WaW sales exploded when everyone unlocked Zombie Nazis and each map pack release. Either way WaW is a successful title especially when it was a close match to CoD4.

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/browse.php?name=call+of+duty&keyword=&console=&region=All&developer=&publisher=&genre=&boxart=Both&results=50&order=Popularity

Edited by Blueprotoss

I'm not saying BO in particular although it's my favourite, I'm talking about the cod series being the best ever made. I know a lot will disagree and there are several faults with the cod games, there are numerous things that annoy us players, but it's better then any other shooter. Battlefield, Halo, Medal of Honor, recently Crysis, Homefront, they just can't compare to cod.

I'll admit it makes me angry, I get bored occasionally, but the cod games are better than any of games, and I doubt they'll ever be beaten.

I'm in no way a nerdy fanboy, I play several different games on the go, and I play about 6 hours of cod a week, only weekends usually. People that say Battlefield, Halo are better than cod, I won't say what I call these players, but my words aren't positive. Rejects of cod hate cod

Battlefield? Crysis? They both own Call of Duty in all ways. Halo is totally different, so you cannot compare them. Medal of Honor? From what I heard, yes. (Which surprises me because DICE made it.) Homefront? SP hell yeah. MP hell no.

You clearly don't have the maturity or common sense to even post. Why don't you go whine about it in TDM. Maybe your squeaker friends will comfort you. :)

(I am not a Halo fanboy. My sig is just of Halo because I thought is looked badass.)

Doesn't every CoD bank off of the success of the previous game? It sounds like you are saying that to bash Black Ops because Treyarch made it. If that's the case, the word fanboy comes to mind.

Haha, what's garbage about it? It has good graphics and handles the same as the other CoD games. I can't wait to hear your answer.

What's easy? To do well? If that's what you're saying, I completely disagree. They made it so you can't use cheap things like OMA/Noob tubes. So no, it isn't easy to do well, especially against a team that knows what they are doing.

Honestly? The person you are quoting is right. Black Ops is so full of bullshit that I never encountered in COD4. However, I've barely played MW2. From what I hear, it's worse.

The gametype with the least amount of Bullshit is S&D. But when it does happen, it is rather frustrating. (In other words, I have small baldspots on the sides of my head from tearing it out, to put it dramatically.)

Edited by fax5jrj

Battlefield? Crysis? They both own Call of Duty in all ways. Halo is totally different, so you cannot compare them. Medal of Honor? From what I heard, yes. (Which surprises me because DICE made it.) Homefront? SP hell yeah. MP hell no.

You clearly don't have the maturity or common sense to even post. Why don't you go whine about it in TDM. Maybe your squeaker friends will comfort you. :)

(I am not a Halo fanboy. My sig is just of Halo because I thought is looked badass.)

Battlefield and Crysis being better then CoD is Opinion especially when those two titles borrow heavily from CoD and comparing sale reords. Halo Reach is comparable to CoD because of Armor abilities, class system set up, and a faster gameplay while you can't say tha about the other Halo games. MoH is easily the most comparable because CoD was influenced by MoH while the reboot of MoH was influenced heavily from CoD. Thats not hard to beleive because DICE made Battlefield into CoD by making BC.

That guy was Mature especially when he is mainly a Neutral. The one that sounds like whining is you because you feel to be an Internet tough guy for no reason.

Your sig is cool while I didn't think you were a Fanboy anyway.

Honestly? The person you are quoting is right. Black Ops is so full of bullshit that I never encountered in COD4. However, I've barely played MW2. From what I hear, it's worse.

The gametype with the least amount of Bullshit is S&D. But when it does happen, it is rather frustrating. (In other words, I have small baldspots on the sides of my head from tearing it out, to put it dramatically.)

Thats not True especially when every Online Shooter is filled with BS because of a couple things called a Community, Lag, and Hackers. If you played MW2 and didn't assume things then you wouldn't have said that.

If you're getting that frustrated then don't play S&D while its that simple.

Battlefield? Crysis? They both own Call of Duty in all ways.

Both of them are good, but the main reason I don't like them is how the game handles. The controls aren't as I would like them and they aren't as responsive as CoD, in my opinion.

No need for insults.

Well, I can't just know what kind of bullshit you are talking about. I can't think of any bullshit in Black Ops that isn't in every other CoD. You need to elaborate as to what you are talking about.

MW2 was better

can u please expand on this?

WaW used CoD4 engine, and black ops used an improved version; i do not know what engine mw2 used but i doubt it was very different from CoD4, so they seem to be exactly the same, if i am wrong please correct me Edited by ZacAttack159357

• 1 year later...
To say Call of duty has had minimal influence is just stupid. Its had a massive affect on how console games are made and played, nearly most if not all console shooters now implement the killstreak and create a class systems implemented by Cod4. No console shooters had those before Cod4 we was made to play as a pre-set class.

Games devolopers strive to make better FPS games in order to get one up on CoD. In one of the new MoH's trailers there was a statement saying "The game to take Call Of Duty down" not Halo not Battlefield but CoD. The franchise has paved the way for devolopers to better themselves and make more solid FPS games.

Also without Doom there would no Call Of Duty and is the mother of the FPS, you forgetting Wolfenstein 3D?.... Without Call Of Duty, MoH, Half Life Etc. there would be no Halo fact.

Is CoD the best franchise? No, is Halo? No. Imo Half Life or MoH is the better (Not best) FPS franchise to date, without them we wouldn't be where we are today.

halo came out 2 years before cod but without cod it wouldn't exist

seems legit :uzi:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Resurrecting a dead thread?? COD is an excellent game. Generally people buy this cos they enjoy it and ease of accesability. Hence the huge popularity.

There's no doubt that its currently king of the FPS World, hell, even the console world. It's hard to dispute it being one of the best games....but it is in a very crowded genre. Once upon a time MOH ruled. Look what happened there. Gotta b hard staying on top of the pile.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just no. First of all it's impossible to say that any game is THE best game, as there are many different genres and so most of them cannot be compared with others. If it's just shooters, then the CoD games are certainly quite good and fun, but probably still not the best. (I don't count CoD 3, because that was a horrible game, imo!) Also, there are numerous glitches with the CoD games. If it's about Single player campaign, CoD is really awesome, imo. Not really story wise, but cutscene, action and special effects wise. If it comes to multiplayer, I personally think that Battlefield Bad Company 2 is just as awesome online, maybe even slightly better, even though they can't really be compared. Bulletdrop and less hackers vote well for BF BC2. But there is one BIG advantage of the CoD series multiplayer mode! You can play it in local split-screen! I hate that many games don't have that, as sometimes you just want to play a few rounds with friends, who don't own a xbox. Plus split-screen can be way more fun than playing online.

• 1 month later...