Playing w/friends.

Gackt

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
When you beat the boss you have to do something to trigger the end of the game, the summonedp layer just goes home when the boss dies as per usual while the host player is left in the boss room to make his choice.

Right, so the summoned player has to do it on their own with no way of summoning the other player because they have to trigger the ending. I assume there's no place in the room to lay a summon sign to help the person that helped you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope you guys can help me with this question.

1) If you summon a friend , can you "level" up together?

Do you know what i mean with that? In Online Role Playing Games you can make a party with somebody ( In Game Party) and if you kill a monster ,everybody in the In-Game Party will get experience points.

I want to know if this concept is in Dark Souls too

I hope you guys can help me with this question.

1) If you summon a friend , can you "level" up together?

Do you know what i mean with that? In Online Role Playing Games you can make a party with somebody ( In Game Party) and if you kill a monster ,everybody in the In-Game Party will get experience points.

I want to know if this concept is in Dark Souls too

Yes, but the phantom player will gain (aprox) half the souls. Doesn't matter if you kill or the phantom, allways half souls for him.

Alright ,so is it possible to join a friend who is really far in the game ( and in a place where he can farm a shitload of souls) and level up with him together?

I would like to do that if this is possible, but i don`t know how.

Well, not so fast. It will all depend on your friends soul level. If you are say SL25, and your friend is SL 80 then you better get the Crest of Artorias, and hike your ass out to the forest to do some power leveling, otherwise, it's unlikely you'll be able to hook up. However, if your friend is SL40 and you are SL30 then yeah, you guys should be able to hook up. The concept is that the two players must roughly be within 10 Soul Levels of each other. Of course, you need to actually be capable of getting to that area in order to be summoned, as well.

Thanks buddy ,you helped me a lot! :)

One more thing to that topic:

Lets say ,i am summoning somebody (how to do that?) ,and i want to level up with him ,but he is cheating on me ,because he wants to attack me ,instead of leveling with me ,i want to be prepared ,thats why i am asking.

No problem. Any time. :)

If you are summoning you need to reverse hallow and he needs to lay his summon sign down. Unless you have already beaten the boss for that area, then you won't be able to summon him. If you are being summoned, you don't have to be human, and you don't need to have beaten the boss, as far as I know. Just keep laying down your summon sign until he can see it, unless he has already beaten the boss of that area, in which case, the same rule would apply to him. The priciple is that the person summoning needs to have not beaten the boss of the particular area.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i am Level 117 i am in my human form with 0 Humanity Points and i used the Phantom Calling Item ,but somehow nobody joins and i don`t see the Phantom Sign of people too..... what is exactly required to see the Phantom Sign of other people or to let people join me? I mean it doesn`t work or maybe everybody is sleeping right now. XD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok still need a little help, because i'm still a little confused. i'm a complete noob at this game. I was playing and a i believe i was seeing my friends ghost around me when i was moving around lohran? or was that just ghosts of other ppl on the same server that i was seeing. Also you talk about summoniong stones or whatever that you put on the ground that other players see and use to enter your realm. is that correct? so how do i get these stones? or how do you or where do put down those stones down to summon other players? these thinngs still are confusing to me. does it mattter that me and my freind are only low level and by the beginnning of lohran? or does it only work in dungeon areas? thanks for your patience im about to :uzi:my disc if i cant get this to work with my friend, i'd get bored if i was forced to play alone.