Achievement Discussion

Infernal

Any know if you will get the 4 player achievement if you sign in a guest?

So if me and a friend both had our 2nd controllers signed in as guest would we still get the achievement for the story with 4 players? As I know 2 of my friends needs this achieve but we need a fourth, just seeing if you could have a guest and still get it.

-thanks

Would like to know this as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've been seeing that you can do the Consecutive Match achievement by doing 8-9 private matches and then playing an actual online match. I've done just that... twice to no avail.

These private matches were filled with bots just FYI -- not sure if that matters. I played 8 PM the first time and then played two KOH online with actual people. I got the 1000 score for the consecutive match bonus and I figured that was it and all I had to do was go back to the main menu, but no achievement.

Second time I played 9 PM, and then played 3 KOH in a row. I kept playing after I got the 1000 match bonus the 3 games, just to make sure I got the achievement, but still nothing.

I could of course play 10 matches online, but Gears MP is not my favorite and I'd rather just do it this way if I could.

So I've been seeing that you can do the Consecutive Match achievement by doing 8-9 private matches and then playing an actual online match. I've done just that... twice to no avail.

These private matches were filled with bots just FYI -- not sure if that matters. I played 8 PM the first time and then played two KOH online with actual people. I got the 1000 score for the consecutive match bonus and I figured that was it and all I had to do was go back to the main menu, but no achievement.

Second time I played 9 PM, and then played 3 KOH in a row. I kept playing after I got the 1000 match bonus the 3 games, just to make sure I got the achievement, but still nothing.

I could of course play 10 matches online, but Gears MP is not my favorite and I'd rather just do it this way if I could.

I know of other people who tried your method, but they also didn't get the cheevo to pop. I'm afraid you have to play 10 KotH with real people...

• 2 weeks later...
Any know if you will get the 4 player achievement if you sign in a guest?

So if me and a friend both had our 2nd controllers signed in as guest would we still get the achievement for the story with 4 players? As I know 2 of my friends needs this achieve but we need a fourth, just seeing if you could have a guest and still get it.

-thanks

Would like to know this as well.

I can confirm that this works with 2 pairs of splitscreens! Me and my buddy played beside each other on two TVs, but with a "guest". We would just leave our second controllers idle and play with our primaries. Did the campaign on easy with mutators just to boost the run-through speed. Also, most people probably know this, but you can track the progress of which difficulty and how many players you beat any particular act or chapter in the Act/Chapter selection screen. Hope this helps!

How is it that people already have the socialite achievement? Isn't it 30 events? I've only done 2, but as far as I know there have only been 5 or 6 seeing as Ticker Tuesday didn't count...

Someone help on this?

There has only been 6 individual events so far that count towards the achievement, but there was a glitch over the weekend where every game counted towards the event counter and so most people got their achievements then.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
There has only been 6 individual events so far that count towards the achievement, but there was a glitch over the weekend where every game counted towards the event counter and so most people got their achievements then.

Some people got it in the first day when the game was released, then each match counted as 1 event as I heard. Then it was an event each weekend so I already got it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I need some help. I'm trying to get the achievement with the executions, and I need one more. It's the Locust + snub pistol execution. However, I tried it in versus and everything, but no success. Help? And I'm pretty sure that is my last one.

EDIT: Nvm, I feel like a retard. I can find out under achievement tab. It was the Gnasher btw. >.<

Edited by Gameman54

I need help with some Achievement and was wondering if anyone would mind helping me work on them please???!!!!!!!!!!

The host with the most

Places, to see ppl to destroy

Kill locust

Zeta Team Go

Come to Poppa

Locust 4 ever

I've done it all

Force Mulitiplayer

Force Mulitiplier

Ive got this

I need help with some Achievement and was wondering if anyone would mind helping me work on them please???!!!!!!!!!!

The host with the most

Places, to see ppl to destroy

Kill locust

Zeta Team Go

Come to Poppa

Locust 4 ever

I've done it all

Force Mulitiplayer

Force Mulitiplier

Ive got this

try the achievement trading thread.. :drunk

• 2 weeks later...

I need to do the "Beat the campaign in 4-player Co-Op" Achievement, if you've got other people lined up I'm your man. I'm available almost anytime and would be willing to do a lot of this in one sitting.

Message me if you've got other people and need a third or a fourth: GT: Grohlvana, put something like "Gears" in the message.

Well, the Achievements were easy really easy but Seriously 3.0 was an exageration from Epic Games they could make something a bit easier than getting all the onyx medals and the level 100, but i liked the achievement list and by the way the gamerpics of the achievemnts i didnt liked them.

• 5 months later...

Is it possible to get the FoN ahievements without the Fenix pack? without the horde pack?

I'd like to reduce the randomness of maps. Guardian is introduced in Raams, it's probly required for the FoN achievements. Still would be nice just to use the FoN pack.

• 1 month later...