Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Lightning Returns Will Be the Last Final Fantasy XIII

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII will be the last game set in the Final Fantasy XIII universe. While the game’s announcement during PAX noted that the game would wrap up the story of Lightning, it wasn’t clear what that meant for the future of other characters. Could there still be a Final Fantasy XIII-4 telling the story of Snow or Noel? In an interview with IGN, Lightning Returns director Motomu Toriyama has now confirmed that this will not be the case, and Lightning Returns will indeed see the end of XIII’s entire story.

“The ‘Lightning Saga’ that began with Final Fantasy XIII -- in other words, the characters and universe that revolve around Lightning -- will come to an end with this installment,” Toriyama told IGN via translator. “I’m sure that Lightning and the people around her will all have a happy ending. Please look forward to the final episode worthy to be called the denouement of the ‘Lightning Saga.’”

Source

I'm not liking the idea of a solo-character gameplay ending the series. After two cliffhanger endings in the series, I'm glad to hear they will get a happy ending though.

Also, and interesting read here with more info for LR:FFXIII

Why Lightning Returns Isn't Called Final Fantasy XIII-3

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
best to wrap the FFXIII saga cos FFvs13 needs to come forward soon, but looking forward to LR:FF13

They could release FFXIII and FFvsXIII at the same time if they wanted to because vsXIII is made by a different team within Square Enix. Iirc, vsXIII is being made by the team that made KH1 and KH2]

(going off what a friend told me)

Edited by Ceris

• 1 month later...
Not really a fan of the one playable character direction either, it's going to feel even less like a true FF game than the other 2 did.

I'll still play it to finish out the story though probably.

May do that as well but am not going to rush out day one that's for sure. I don't mind the single playable character so long as they're interesting. Noel and Serah were not.

I didn't mind XIII on the whole, though it had an interesting story and liked all the characters except Snow and Hope. Got bored trying to grind out the stone missions but otherwise was looking forward to XIII-2 to see where it went.

Then XIII-2 itself? Eff... Hope at least had grown up and stopped being a whiny dick but Snow was still a douche. Noel and Serah are two of the most inane characters they could have dreamt up and of course they're the lead roles you're stuck with the entire game and the story was for all intents and purposes stupid.

At least Lightning is an interesting lead. But XIII-2 made me not very excited about rounding out the trilogy.

Wait, there's ANOTHER FFXIII? I thought people were fucking joking when they said there would be a third one. Then again I never saw the ending of XIII-2.

No joke my friend. No joke. The ending of XIII-2 left me with a distinct "meh" feeling personally. Kinda glad there's a third and final, that way we're not left with that bad taste XIII-2 left behind. Well.... Hopefully. :( But my hopes aren't high.

If you don't mind the ending spoilerifics and a blatant upskirt on Serah:

[spoiler=xiii2ending]Original Ending:

All endings (43 bloody minutes long, you are warned):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTAs6oVvKp8

Glad it's finally ending

Sadly so am I.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

it would be better if the story finished at FFXIII. Because FFXIII-2 was bad and :(very annoying, not interesting:woop: and fun :dance:like FFXIII. With whatching trailer I can say that LR:FFXIII will be worse :mad:than FFXIII-2.))) Also, this is stupid not to title the game FFXIII-3. Because it is diret sequel of the story. SE su*ks.:uzi:

• 3 weeks later...
it would be better if the story finished at FFXIII. Because FFXIII-2 was bad and :(very annoying, not interesting:woop: and fun :dance:like FFXIII. With whatching trailer I can say that LR:FFXIII will be worse :mad:than FFXIII-2.))) Also, this is stupid not to title the game FFXIII-3. Because it is diret sequel of the story. SE su*ks.:uzi:

Agreed. FF is not same anymore since FF 12 in my opinion. X will be better and best JRPG game in 2014. I guess Lighting Returns will be good JRPG but not going be epic or amazing like X going be or other JRPG coming in 2014. X is more interest JRPG game for me in 2014. :)