This Game Is Most Similar To:

FrozenImplosion

What game do you think this is most similar to?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. What game do you think this is most similar to?

• Bioshock
    • Half Life 2
    • Metro 2033
    • Bioshock 2
    • Singularity [Not similar to anything at all.]

I guess it's mostly like Bioshock. But I see traces of all these games:

Bioshock (1+2) - skill system, general mood (mostly the first half and flashback sequences)

Metro 2033 - mutated monsters, the Russian setting

Half-Life 2 - the gravity gun/TMD comparison

TimeShift - time powers

Lost - THAT reference :-)

Metroid - THAT other reference :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd have to say that this game really reminds me of Wolfenstein. Same engine, same voice actors in a lot of cases, similar doom-manipulating device on/in your hand, similar story (lots of secret, dark stuff going on during a non-fiction event, Wolfenstein's case is WWII, Singularity's is the Cold War) where the bad guys mess with stuff they shouldn't, similar weapon handling, similar weapon and powers upgrading, the interactive world of finding stuff like notes and other things revealing minor tidbits that help support the story, there's probably more.

Oh, and it's the same dev. That counts for somethin', obviously.

But I've played Wolfenstein and I'm currently playing this game and I can't help but think of Wolfenstein when I play. I've never played either of the Bioshocks so I can't say anything about that other than the colors are somewhat similar, but overall Singularity has a more similar art style to, you guessed it; Wolfenstein.

So I guess I'd have to go with the 'Singularity' option.

• 1 month later...
I'd have to say that this game really reminds me of Wolfenstein. Same engine, same voice actors in a lot of cases, similar doom-manipulating device on/in your hand, similar story (lots of secret, dark stuff going on during a non-fiction event, Wolfenstein's case is WWII, Singularity's is the Cold War) where the bad guys mess with stuff they shouldn't, similar weapon handling, similar weapon and powers upgrading, the interactive world of finding stuff like notes and other things revealing minor tidbits that help support the story, there's probably more.

Oh, and it's the same dev. That counts for somethin', obviously.

But I've played Wolfenstein and I'm currently playing this game and I can't help but think of Wolfenstein when I play. I've never played either of the Bioshocks so I can't say anything about that other than the colors are somewhat similar, but overall Singularity has a more similar art style to, you guessed it; Wolfenstein.

So I guess I'd have to go with the 'Singularity' option.

I couldnt agree with you more sir. It didnt even cross my mind untill I read your post. Now everytime I play thats all i can think is that.:eek:

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Bioshock. There are so many similarities that it is almost like it could be of the Bioshock family.

Instead of Plasmids you have the TMD (which works quite the same way). Both have artistic similarities to each other. Both are set in an area that went diabolically wrong. Heck, even the game tile picture you see for the games are quite similar. Then you have the recordings and movies supplying history all over the place.

As I am playing through Singularity, all I can think about is how much the atmosphere and play is so similar to Bioshock.

It is a very good game so far. Wish I could have started it earlier.

Edited by Qonok

• 2 weeks later...

From the beginning it screamed Bioshock for me, more the first Bioshock than the second. But it definitely reminded me of Bioshock.

- The old-fashioned setting

- Flashbacks

- Atlas/Barisov - I say this because Barisov has a statue of himself wearing the TMD if you choose to kill yourself. I inferred that this means he becomes somewhat of a dictator himself.

- The communication with NPCs via radio

- Plasmids/TMD

- Plasmids/Propane&CryoTanks

- The weapons were all pretty similar

- Upgrading systems were similar

Yeah.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

hands down bioshock. the game devs have even said that ken levine and the bioshock series were huge inspirations behind singularity. i read that in game informer back in early 2010. defnitly not a copy cat though this game is great and offers new content in a otherwise generic game genre known as fps.

some people are saying time shift,sure the time powers give it away but honestly besides that to me this game feels nothing like time shift. i mean time shift wasnt pulse pounding or scary and it was as down to earth fps with a few added gameplay stuff as you can get. this game is fresh and cant wait to get back to it. stupid backlog lol

Edited by Deadsea 1993

• 2 weeks later...

Have only played a little bit of Singularity but I voted on Bioshock because it has that feel to it. As someone mentioned it also has a bit of Wolfenstein thrown into the mix. Both good games so that ain't a bad thing in the slightest.

From the little I've played Singularity feels like a really good game. However I really kind of wished that they hadn't included a MP part. I haven't tried it out yet but I can imagine the MP beeing mainly empty these days.

• 2 weeks later...

Never got to play Bioshock unfortunately, had the opportunity to play Bioshock 2, and Half Life 2. I'd say from my experience, it's has the feel of both Bioshock and Half Life. Just it has its uniqueness, haven't played any game based in Mother Russia since I think CoD 2, it might be the only one I have played based in that location. Still fun, plus short campaign making 2 playthroughs easier.