FIFA 12 - Career Mode Bargains Thread - Post Your Best Value For Money Bargains Here:

Boomerang Cat

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i used tottenham just so that i would not have to buy modric and i must say they do not need any real changes the first season. I scouted for attackers in the Ivory Coast and got a 16 year old striker 66 overall with 91 potential. He's my first team leading scorer. Ivory coast has given me a gold mine of great prospects, the attacker i was talking about, worth 7 mill already not even done with the first season, so i would recommend scouting there.

I found this thread a few weeks ago, and used some of the players mentioned. Thanks to everyone for posting all these players. I decided to make an npower championship team in Creation Centre. I sold all but 2 players, then bought and sold players to make my team as perfect as I could. So far, I am in Season 2 with AC Croydon (Creation Centre Club), and got a lot of growth from all players.

STARTING XI:

GK: De Gea= 78+3=81

RB: Shipps (Creation Centre Player)= 73+0=73

CB: Ream= 68+4=72

CB: G. Cahill= 78+3=81

LB: O. Gonzalez= 71+2=73

RM: S. Holden= 79+2=81

CM: Cabaye= 78+5=83

LM: Felipe Anderson= 70+3=73

RF: N. Redmond= 68+1=69

LF: F. Montero= 74+1=75

ST: Le Toux= 73+0=73

BENCH:

ST: Volland= 70+2=72

ST: D. Henderson= 69+0=69

ST: Stead= 67+0=67

CM: Michaels ( Creation Centre Player)= 72-2=70

CB: A. Henley= 66+0=66

CB: DeMonte (16 YO Scouted Player from France)= 65+0=65

GK: Featherstone (16 YO Scouted Player from England)= 60+0=60

Cabaye grew 5 points in my 1st year. I play him mostly at CM, but he is a good backup at LB or RB.

Henley is a young player from either Liverpool or Blackburn, he will develop eventually. Ream, Anderson, and Gonzalez will grow even if you only play them 8 games a season. Le Toux, Redmond, and Montero in my mind are the best starting offenses you can have. Redmond has good pace,stamina, and insane speed. Le Toux has good strength, a powerful shot, ability to score from afar, and can't be knocked off the ball easily. Montero has good speed, but his accuracy and vision make him a great playmaker. If I've built an attack, but its about to die, I pass it to Montero and he manages to either draw an extra defender, or puts the ball behind the defense for an attacker to grab and shoot. Redmond doesn't grow very easily, but I think he's the best player on my team. He is just killer everywhere. I've played many career modes, and I want to reccommend some other players too, here they are:

GK: D. Ricketts: His OVR starts in the high 60's, but he always positions himself well, and he can throw the ball farther than any other keeper in the game.

CB: Hertaux: His stamina isn't wonderful, but he plays his position well.

CB: Shawcross: Ryan is very tall, and he is strong too. He can always knock strong players off the ball, and he can kick that ball off the pitch easily.

ST: Lewandowski: I highly reccommend buying Robert. He plays on BVB( Borussia Dortmund), and will only get better, but it takes him starting most games. The reasons why I like him: I am related to him, so he belongs on my team. He seems to be as strong as Ibrahimovich(Spelling is Off?), and has a strong shot. I have scored almost 20 goals with him from the half line, and he is also has a great header.

RM: D. Richards: Dane is only rated 68, and his attributes won't impress anyone, but he has great speed, passes well in game AT HOME, and is good at headers. He used to be my go-to sub for midfielders and strikers, but I got an offer from Reading to buy him for 1,800,000.

RM/CM/LM: B. Convey: Bobby is similar to Fredy Montero. He is sort of like the second choice to Montero. Most importantly: Bobbie works REALLY WELL WITH NATHAN REDMOND, MARKUS HENRIKSEN, JAMIE SMITH, AND FREDY MONTERO.

For some reason, Henriksen, De Vrij, A. White, Daprela, and Kongolo never grew any, and I started them for 4 straight years. I'll take that back, De Vrij grew +1. Does anyone know how/why they grow so slow/ don't grow at all. I'd also like to get rid of De Gea. For some reason, The only goalie that has played well for me was Donovan Ricketts. I've hand Mandanda, Adler, De Gea, Rimando, and even John Smith. None of the above players listed have performed even ok. The best form I've gotten from an above goalie was a 6.3. They are usually out of form, and riding at 4.3-5.9. Why is this so? Funny, I don't have a 360 YET, but I do have PS3. I just had to post, hope this post helps someone. If you have PS3, feel free to add ClubMonger. Just shoot me a message saying that you saw my post on xbox360achievments.com.

ST: Lewandowski: I highly reccommend buying Robert. He plays on BVB( Borussia Dortmund), and will only get better, but it takes him starting most games. The reasons why I like him: I am related to him, so he belongs on my team.

Seriously? how so, that is pretty awesome :) i bet youve had people ask you if he is going to Man Utd :')

It is pretty cool to related to a fairly well known striker. I think my great grandmother is either his cousin's grandmom or his step grandmom. Only one person has asked me if I think he's gonna get transfered to Man U. I don't think so, he has too many connections at BVB. There are a few players that play for Poland with him. I think he'll stay for a while, unless he wants to go back to Lech Poznan, which would be a killer to his rep.

OK, I stopped my career with my young promises at MC.

Now, I'm in a career with Shrewsbury and it is my goal to make it a 5 star club with high-rated players. I'm in my 2nd season now, 5 months through the year and have the following selection:

Shrewsbury - 3 star club (started as 1.5 star club)

Starting XI

4-4-2

GK: John Smith - 77 AVG

RB: Jermaine Grandison - 61 AVG

CB: Piotr Celeban - 70 AVG

CB: Thiago Cionek 69 AVG

LB: Joe Jacobson 63 AVG

RM: Lionel Ainsworth - 65 AVG

RCM: Marvell Wynne - 67 AVG

LCM: Matt McKay - 69 AVG

LM: Mervan Celik - 69 AVG

RS: Jon Taylor - 67 AVG

LS: Craig Westcarr - 64 AVG

Subs:

GK: Danny Vukovic - 68 AVG

CV: Kim André Madsen - 71 AVG

CM: Sean McAllister - 63 AVG

LM: Killian Brennan - 68 AVG

ST: Bruno Fornaroli - 66 AVG

Reserves:

RM: Luke Male - 57 AVG

CM: Ryan Woods - 57 AVG

CM: Nicky Wroe - 65 AVG

CAM: Mohammed Lartey - 68 AVG

Out on loan:

RM: Mark Wright - 62 AVG

CV: Connor Goldson - 58 AVG

LM: Steven Leslie

The Starting XI is very pacey, with Ainsworth having 93 Speed and both Taylor and Wynne having 96. Westcarr isn't as high as I would like, but his pace and accuracy make him a very decent striker.

Smith might be sold next transfer period, since i can use the 4 million he's woth very good and Vukovic has already shown he can handle himself very well.

I'm having serious defensive problems since I'm competing in 5 leagues (npower League 1, League Cup, FA Cup, Euro League and J. Paint Trophy) and the great amount of matches get alot of players tired fast, but I have only 1 backup defender.

Also wondering what to do with players such as Male and Woods, as I've loaned them out for the entire year I was in the npower League 2 but they made no progress whatsoever

Anyone got any ideas what I should do? My funds are really limited now (€750.000 for transfers and only €3.250 for salary) but I really need some more bakcup players

MasonCooper42;5087422']players ive signed for swansea.

Gk: Courtois rated 78, but theres is a better one. van der steigel or something. much better all round stats.

cb: subotic and hummels from dortmund.

mid: jack rodwell, frimpong and oriol romeu. frimpong and romeu cost about 4 million together.

att: aoc, bargain.

Ryo Myiachi. Can stress this enough go and buy the man. incredible speed.

may be more expensive but lukaku at chelsea, may be expensive but man is a beast, only guy with 90 speed and strength.

my squad after two years.

gk courtois (about to sell to go after van der steigel)

rb: jerome boateng, (about 22-24, can play all over back 4 about 10 million i think)

rcb: mats hummels. 25,000,000 but for a 86 ovr thats incredible value

lcb: me virtual pro

lb: neil taylor, original lb rated 73

lcm: emmaunel frimpong, ovr 71 when i brought, ovr 75 now

rcm: jack rodwell, age 21 and ovr 81

cam: Juan marcos age 16 and ovr 66.

lw: ryo myiachi.

St: terry brill: age 16 ovr 69

rw: Alex oxlade chamberlin. ovr 74 now

other useful players,

lm/lw: andros townsend from tottenham.

so after three years my squad looks like this

gk: ter stegen. ovr 84

rwb: clyne, ovr 81

rcb: hummels ovr 87

lcb: vp, ovr 93

lb: yun suk young ovr 77. speed 96 stamina 99.

rdm: frimpong ovr 78

lcm: jack rodwell ovr 83

cam juan marcos, ovr 69 but has set up 50 goals in a year.

lw: jack wilshire ovr 88 and complete midfielder

st: terry brill ovr 73, gone up plus 7 in a year, and scored over 100 goals in that time. insane

rw: alex oxlade-chamberlain ovr 78 plus 9

lw: ryo myaichi is ovr 78 and still banging them in but spurs are struggling in my league with an insane squad just their starting keeper is ovr 44!!! so if spurs go down im gonna get bale to replace myaichi as bale can defend and i can switch him, wilshire and suk-young down the left side.

im also after a 84ovr cdm from brazil by the name of casemiro, who has gone up ten overall in three years.

i find portugual is good for young prospects

I started with Southampton in the championship.

Season 1 - Finished 6th and lost in the semi-final playoffs vs Birmingham.

Did not have enough budget to buy players so got most of them on loans like McEachran, Ramsey, Frimpong.(quality ones)

Season 2 - Finished 5th and won the play-offs thus promoted to Premier League. Bought some of the quality players on loan again like McEachran, Coutinho.

Season 3 - Started the season with a bang. After losing the first game to Aston Villa 4-1 and drew second game vs Fulham 0 - 0 . I won 13 games continuously to my own surprise and this time without the quality loan players with only McEachran (for the third time on loan). But my slump in form very badly led me to finish 13th.

Season 4 - Finished 14th after just managing to get ahead of relegation in the last 6 or 7 games. Signed Robert Snodgrass on free and Heber for 6m pound.

Season 5 - Finished 8th. I was in 10 - 13th position for most of the season but I picked up a momentum in the last few games to go little bit higher but missed the europa league spot. Signed Lewandowski for around 14m and a good signing. (The board started giving me a budget of 16m at the start of the seaon)

Season 6 - Finished 8th again. But this time I was in 4-6 th postition in most of the season but just in the last 2 games I fell away. Signed Bannan for 12m.

Season 7 - Currently 2nd. Signed Darpela for 9.9m

Squad:

J. Smith -GK 77

R.Gunter - RB 77

J. Hovield - CB 79

M . Jose - CB 81

F.Darpela - LB 83

J.Cork - DCM 75

H.Devield - DCM 80

R.Snodgrass - RW 81

A.Lallana - CAM 78

B.Bannan - CAM 81

R.Lewandowski - ST 81 (scored 30+ goals in the first two seasons he played)

Cork and Lallana the only 2 players to be from the beginning of season 1. There are the backbone of the team. Lallana is my highest scorer this season till now.

I have invested quite a lot in scouting and developing youth players since I want to add more quality and I have less budget. There was a time in the 6th season when after signing players I did not even have a budget to sign a youth player from the academy for 500 pounds per week. My total budget was around 180 pounds!!!! But luckily it was the end of the season otherwise I would have lost another 6-7 good players because i did not have enough to renew their contract. The board added 5m which later became 16 m at the start of season 7.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought ST andre-pierre gignac (79) for € 12,000,000 and he is a BEAST!!! He is amazing with long shots, he has amazing strength and good speed. Hes a 79 but with more potential. I bought ramis (77) who is a CB for around € 6,000,000 and jose rojas (74) a RW for € 6,000,000. Rojas has 94 speed and 92 acceleration. I'm using west brom so gignac was a replacement for cole who i sold. I usually use gignac and rojas upfront with gignac playing left and rojas on the right.

Wilshere, Welliton, Lukaku, Chadli, Benedetti, Ogbanna, Hummels, Lavezzi, Gotze, El Shereewy, Criscito, Van De Wiel and Cladirola

My current squad (after 10 seasons)

GK=Neur 90

RB=Richards 84

CB=Pique 89

CB=Kompany 88

LB=Criscito 88

RCM=Fabregas 89

LCM=Wilshere 89

CAM=Gotze 89

RW=Welliton 88

ST= My Virtual Pro 89

LW=Chadli 87

Subs

GK=Ter Stegan 86

CB=Hummels 88

CB=Ogbanna 87

CM=Modric 87

CM=Lucas 88

LW/RW=Iturbe 87

ST=Lukaku 87

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure how much people care nowadays, but I have a few names to suggest after starting a Russian League themed revival of Portsmouth, starting in League 1:

Lacina Traore - Probably pretty well known nowadays, the 74 rated striker from Kuban Krasnodar stands an impressive 6 foot 8 inches, and is lethal in the air. League top scorer, works best at the front of a 4-3-3.

E. Pomazan - A goalkeeper I've raved about in UT, the young Russian keeper from Anzhi (I think) has received a large ratings boost from his 64 rated card in UT to a rating of 69 in career mode. An impressive shot stopper, he has shown a high level of growth in a relatively small number of games (he is back up for Pletikosa, also a top keeper), and has helped us win crucial games and penalty shootouts in the cup. Highly recommended.

Anton Sosnin - A 21 year old central midfielder from Kuban Krasnodar (before update - Kyryla Sovetov), a relatively low value and rating of merely 62 would probably be enough to put most people off. While he has been fairly slow to grow, he has been a key player for the team after impressing in a cup match against Fulham. Confident on the ball and capable of playing a good pass, he has also popped up with the odd crucial goal. Excellent squad player at least.

I really wanted to like Glushakov and Fayzulin, however I have found the two to be disappointing on the whole, and I shall probably be selling Fayzulin for Ananidze in January, as I have always enjoyed using Ananidze and watching him grow to a good 80+ player.

• 1 month later...

Update: 22nd September 2012

The FIFA 13 Career Mode Discussion Thread is now Live on the x360a Forums. Please Click Here!

Thank you to all of the contributors to this Thread, making it the most popular FIFA 12 Thread on the xbox360achievements.org Forums.

Remarkably this Thread has so far received over 250,000 Views in under a Year, which is more than 4 times as many Views as the next most Viewed FIFA 12 Thread on x360a.

:bow: Thank You and we'll see you all in the FIFA 13 Forums! Link :bow:

FIFA 14 – Career Mode Discussion Thread – Post Your Best Players, Bargains & Stories: Green Arrow

After the success of last two Year's FIFA 12 & FIFA 13 Career Mode Discussion Threads with the Community members of the x360a Forums, I thought it would be beneficial to everyone to make it an annual tradition.

Remarkably last years x360a FIFA 13 Career Mode Discussion Thread was viewed more than 337,000 times in less than a year. This equates to more than 7 times as many views as the next most viewed FIFA 13 Thread on the xbox360achievements Forums.

When comparing that quantity with the previous years FIFA 12 Career Mode Discussion Thread, this represents a viewing increase of 35%, with an extra 87,000 more viewers using it as a resource to enhance their own Career Mode during the course of FIFA 13.

Even more impressively, the number of Posts within the Thread more than doubled with FIFA 12's Career Mode Thread receiving 116 responses and last years FIFA 13 Career Mode Discussion Thread to date receiving 264 responses.

With FIFA 14 soon to be Released, many Players of the Game will soon be creating a new Career Mode with their favourite Team.

This Thread has been designed for Users of the Forum to share anything they think others might find useful during their very own FIFA 14 Career Mode.

FIFA 14 Career Mode Items of Interest can include:

Bargain Players: Those Undiscovered Gems that are excellent Value for Money.

Young Players with High Potential: Share those Wonderkid's whose attributes have grown at a very rapid rate.

Tips: Either before starting or during a current Career Mode Game, what are the essential Tips you would give to others?

Stories: Exceptional FIFA 14 Career Mode Stories which the majority of the Forum would find interesting.

Tactics: What are your "go-to" Tactics which help you to Win Matches or fight back from negative Scorelines.

Anything else related to FIFA 14's Career Mode which the majority of the x360a Community would find interesting:

There are a number of changes that EA have made for FIFA 14's Career Mode and a full List of the details that have been released so far can be found below:

FIFA 14 Career Mode Fundamentals

• A new “Disable first summer transfer window” option has been added to Career Modes setup. This will allow you to maintain real world squads up until January.

• The OVR player value has now been masked in Career Mode. You can only see the OVR value of players in your own squad meaning you'll have to scout players to find out how good they are.

• Player growth now appears to be more subtle, with only minor gains and decreases seen after half a seasons play.

• Player fatigue has maintained the match by match recovery changes from FIFA 13 but appears to be more harsh on in-game fatigue, with more players in to the orange/red values

Career Mode User Interface

• A new user interface has revolutionised the way you navigate Career Mode's menus.

• Five main navigation options now hold all game information – Central, Squad, Transfers, Office and Season.

• Most tiles in the Career Mode interface have sub-options which you access by flicking the right analogue stick.

• Team formations can now be changed on the fly without going in to Team Management. A tile on the Squad screen is dedicated to this task.

• The email screen now has a reading pane and the game no longer stops advancement for trivial information.

• Player Conversations now appear in the their own tab within the email notification screen.

Global Scout Network

• When you start Career Mode you will now have 3 GSN scouts already hired.

• You can have a maximum of 6 GSN scouts.

• 6 Scout Instruction slots allow you to configure the types of players you want to search for.

• You first choose the position, age group and contract length. Then up to six traits to find the type of player you want to find.

• You can relocate your scouts to new countries, or recall them at any time.

• A tile on the Central Career Mode homepage, updates in real time as new players are scouted.

• Once targets are identified you can choose to remove them, keep them, or compile a more detailed scouting report.

• The detailed scouting reports will show you a selection of player stats and their potential transfer value. The more times you scout a player the more accurate the data becomes.

• The player OVR value is hidden, as are the “showing great potential” and “has that something special” traits, until scouting has been completed.

• Youth scouting is still in Career Mode and is completely separate to the Global Scout Network.

• Youth scouting now costs money too (192k for 3 months).

Transfers

• A new “Reject all/Disallow future offers” option has been added to the transfer offer screen. This will prevent clubs from persistently offering for players you do not want to sell at any price.

• The new Transfers Hub shows all the latest rumours, news and the biggest deals all on one screen.

• Transfer Deadline Day now has a club by club breakdown for the league you're in. This allows you to see all the Ins and Outs at the clubs in your league.

Career Mode Audio

• Jeff Stelling is now the stadium and pre-match announcer for FIFA 14.

• The commentary team now directly reference previous match results, eg “a great 3-1 win against Swansea last week”.

• The commentary team will also discuss current transfer rumours in more detail.

For me, the most interesting of these recently announced features is that "The OVR player value has now been masked in Career Mode. You can only see the OVR value of players in your own squad meaning you'll have to scout players to find out how good they are".

I had a feeling this may happen after seeing the first FIFA 14 screenshots a couple of Months ago. This will make the FIFA 14 Career Mode Discussion Thread even more valuable, especially if EA make each individual Players Overall Stats different to those that can be found in the normal Match Modes and Player edit option, we'll wait and see what they do.

What does everyone else think about the FIFA 14 Career Mode changes?

Edited by Boomerang Cat