Official Bitching Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant turn off the music, a whole year till next cod listening to that looping inbetween games, it's gonna suck big time :(:(:(:(:(

Plus cant find any connection options (local, local only etc) :(:(:(

Multiplayer ok ish so far but to be honest im tempted to sell it and stick to black ops :uzi:

How can anyone complain about small maps? Shipment, Dome, Rust, Nuketown, and Firing Range have all been incredible maps from the past CoD games...having every map like Firing Range...I can only imagine. :eek:

Of course, that's my personal opinion.

... you called Rust and Nuketown incredible maps... i have lost faith in all mankind.

Firing Range was brilliantly designed thus despite its size it had very few long clear lines of sights. It made it feel bigger than it was. These maps are much like just small maps, and they feel almost rushed, it lacks a CoD feel to them.

These maps are much like just small maps, and they feel almost rushed, it lacks a CoD feel to them.

Agreed, plus all of the maps feel like direct rip offs of maps in previous games even the art assets look similar/the same.

Additionally the game balance is all kinds of screwed up. The first weapon you get for shotguns is the fully auto AA-12 which makes all of the pump action shotguns worthless (though that's mostly because the damage for the AA-12 is only 10% less than pump shotties yet the fire rate is 100% faster if not more so).

Also quick scoping has made an unfortunate return and one of the early bolt action snipers seems to be a one hit kill even to a limb.

Last comment is that the flow of the game seems a bit off. It feels like it's way more frantic than MW2 or Black Ops, almost like MW2 and Unreal Tourney had a crazy cracked out baby.

I used to prefer CoD and specifically MW over Battlefield but honestly after playing BF3 for the last two weeks then playing MW3 I'm not impressed. BF3 is buggy as hell but it's still more fun to play because the pacing feels better in pretty much every way.

Why? I don't understand stuff like this, you know what to expect from an MW game.

as long as he is trading it in, and not taking it back demanding his money back. those are the people that drive me crazy, and i think should be given a note directed them to the door, and then google, as you should research your games before you buy them...

can you explain more?? i am fixing to start on veteran and was wondering if any damn infinte spawns or impossible parts??

i wont say impossible, just very frustrating... enough so to make me stop yelling at my tv, dogs, and furnature, to actually get on the bitching thread (something i rarely do) to bitch about it...

i too am playing on veteran, and although its not impossible, like i said, very frustrating...

less venting more info: several checkpoints spawn you directly in the path of oncoming fire, giving you near mili-seconds to respond. checkpoints either aren't registering all the time, or there are events triggered im unaware of.

OH, and yes, infinite spawns do seem to be present, but i find it different than previous CoD titles with the infinite spawns, in that instead of the huge pass you have to make past enemy lines to get here or there, where they are usually present, you get small little checkpoints where you just have to keep clearing and pushing... if that makes sense, hahaha

another warning, anytime you have to be mounted on something, it is a huge hassle... you definitely dont feel like a complete bad ass behind a .50 cal machine gun, until of coarse you finally survive, hahaha

EDIT: all that being said, im still really enjoying the game...

Edited by seahn

Shotguns are absolute trash. Every other weapon, except maybe pistols, are more effective CQC weapons.

i actually found pistols to be pretty shit, unless in HC, where its completely opposite, you will dominate with pistols on HC... as far as the shotguns go, my current experience with them i would have to agree, but seeing as i have only used the halo esqe shotgun (sorry, dont know the name of it atm, and it reminds me of the shotgun seen in halo) i cant justify myself saying shotguns are complete shit... for that matter i guess i cant do the same with pistols either seeing as ive only used a few, hahaha whatever...

(someone needs some sleep... but wont get it)

i actually found pistols to be pretty shit, unless in HC, where its completely opposite, you will dominate with pistols on HC... as far as the shotguns go, my current experience with them i would have to agree, but seeing as i have only used the halo esqe shotgun (sorry, dont know the name of it atm, and it reminds me of the shotgun seen in halo) i cant justify myself saying shotguns are complete shit... for that matter i guess i cant do the same with pistols either seeing as ive only used a few, hahaha whatever...

(someone needs some sleep... but wont get it)

Yeah, I've been using the KSG-12 (which I believe is what you're referring to). According to the in-game stats, which are rarely ever accurate, it has the most damage out of all the shotguns. I can hardly one-shot people though, it's ridiculous.

The amount of lag in the multiplayer is much worse than black ops. Hopefully, it's just because the game is new, but I am dying a full second after I go around cover. What makes it worse is that you die really fast (which I like) but the maps are so frigging small that there is no room to move around. Over 50% of my deaths in FFA have been dying when someone spawns RIGHT behind me. It's so hard to have good map presence when the spawning system is completely F'ed up.

for the disc unreadable error, has you xbox done this before? or is this just now happening with MW3? thats pretty shady, especially if you installed to harddrive. not sure what your options are, other than keep trying:confused:

. Over 50% of my deaths in FFA have been dying when someone spawns RIGHT behind me. It's so hard to have good map presence when the spawning system is completely F'ed up.

ya i really hate when this happens. usually i will be on the perimeter of the map, checking one angle to make sure it is clear. then i turn to look down the other side, only to get shot from behind because they spawned somebody where i JUST took my sights off.

Edited by niko da bos

This is pretty minor but the fucking 5 second match timer at the beginning of EVERY round of Seach & Destroy. In every previous CoD it was only at the start of the match, not every round. I know 5 seconds is nothing, I just don't understand why it was added now. If it's for stability or something, cool.

Also, juggernaughts in multiplayer. What is up with that?! Other than that I'm enjoying it so far!

Cant turn off the music, a whole year till next cod listening to that looping inbetween games, it's gonna suck big time :(:(:(:(:(

Plus cant find any connection options (local, local only etc) :(:(:(

Of Course you can't turn the Music off and you have no connection options. Its infinity ward, and infinity ward is too good to add something so ridiculously simple as Separate Volume controls. Both World at War and Black Ops had Separate volume controls.

So much for having a headset, can't hear anything over the music. Not that it really mattered anyway. The sound Quality is terrible and Directional sound(Footsteps, Gunfire) is nonexistent just like the previous two modern warfare games. Its all just noise.

Bullet Lag is Back. Because its the Same engine and Net code used in modern warfare 2. Walk around a corner, up some stairs and around another corner, and get shot by some guy who's bullets chased you all the way. Stupid Host Balancing lag.

Edited by ZingZitang

For me I feel like on multiplayer the maps are all close to each other. you cant really control a specific area like in other CoD. Also you run reaaaaaaaally slow, as if your are carrying a horse for a gun. And i unno if this has happened to anyone else, but out of all my friends I played with last night it seems to only happen to me, no matter what gun i use I get a good amount of hit markers on the enemies and they dont die, I put a whole clip and nada, they turn around and kill me clean with a ump or a scar. It take forever for me to kill someone. And I think you take a lot more damage than you would usually take.

So far I am not a happy CoD player. I would rather keep playing my Battlefield 3.

ahh that sig makes all of your posts expand the width of the page. a scroll bar appears and the text rolls off the screen. not complaining or anything, it just catches me off guard when the sentence cuts off and i realize your post streches that far.

also i agree that the lag almost ruins the experience. not just for the deaths, but the simple fact of seeing my framrate change before my eyes. lol, sometimes i just put down the controller and sigh. and who doesnt love host migration? common its like the highlight of your day