How hard is Veteran compared to MW2?

Silverballer

That's going to be a difficult comparison since Modern Warfare 2 is arguably the easiest of all the Call of Duty games. But, from my experience there are some very difficult parts in this game

Well in my Opinion MW3 and BO2 were way easier then MW2 on Veteran. Can i beat the difficult parts by trial & error, use another strategy and then again trial & error until i beat it?

This is considered by most the Hardest CoD on Veteran and I would have to agree. There are some extremely hard and tedious parts which take a long time to get through and find a strategy. CoD: WaW is very nearly on par in difficulty so if you've done WaW then you should be able to do this game. CoD 2 and WaW are the only Call Of Duty games I've struggled with. Imo the rest are a cake walk in comparison.

This is considered by most the Hardest CoD on Veteran and I would have to agree. There are some extremely hard and tedious parts which take a long time to get through and find a strategy. CoD: WaW is very nearly on par in difficulty so if you've done WaW then you should be able to do this game. CoD 2 and WaW are the only Call Of Duty games I've struggled with. Imo the rest are a cake walk in comparison.

Except CoD Classic. But with the rest, CoD2 is harder on veteran than any of the CoD's after that. I'm a CoD fan but since MW2 playing on veteran is a joke really.

COD 2 is crazy hard compared to MW2. I am pretty sure you can't sprint in COD2 or throw grenades back.

It is a great campaign though that is very tough. There were about 4 or 5 levels that were frustrating but I would say just as hard as COD WAR (I am almost to the last 3 levels on this..I know the last 2 are brutal).

MW2 was a cake walk on Veteran. Seriously

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

MW2 was not that easy. It was easy, but not as easy as you make it seem. All the newer cods are extremely easy on veteran. Especially Ghosts.

Cod 2 is certainly not an easy campaign though. It's quite difficult and some missions will take a long time to get down. Watch walkthroughs if you get stuck.

• 8 months later...

The AI scripting in cod 2 compared to mw2 is very different, which is why answering this question is quite difficult. in cod 2 the enemies have very rudimentary tasks assigned to them but virtually no binds or restrictions on the effectiveness their tasks (smoke grenades being the only thing that really impacts them at all), making them extremely easy to predict but very difficult to beat. On mw2, the ai is much more controlled, meaning that they have a lot of programs at work on them and depending on different variables and situations (such as what difficulty you are playing on, how hurt they are, how they react to you appearing in their line of sight if they are already in a gunfight with one of your teammates) at the same time making them harder to predict and easier to beat. The question is then which is easier? I personally (and I think most people will say this) think that mw2 is easier because the ai is much easier to beat if you have experience at cod and you have a good shot with the guns. cod2 is difficult to beat because you often have to rely on luck to get by spots with very little cover and infinite spawn points and in addition the way to beat many levels is very linear and gives you little chance to "outplay" the ai by taking high ground or flanking them.