Huge News! DBNO is No More in MP

quickhhh

I’m surprised I haven’t seen a thread on here about this yet. Down But Not Out a feature that has been in every Gears game has been confirmed to be removed from Gears of War: judgment multiplayer. This removes the ability to revive teammates and execute opponents in favor for faster gameplay. So what are your thoughts about this? Personally I’m pretty disappointed. Executions were one of my favorite things to do in the Gears series. Now it's going to feel like every other shooter.

Source 1

Source 2

Edited by quickhhh

I don't think Im going to be playing anything other than SP and co-op in Judgment. Too many changes for the worse. Not really excited for this game at all anymore. The more I see, the worse it looks. No DBNO in MP is the stupidest thing Ive ever heard. Who cares about K/D ratio so who cares about kill stealing? Id much rather have the occasional kill "stolen" than lose out on revives and executions. Im really starting to lose faith in Epic, who knows, maybe its from all the key talent they have lost recently.

Huge mistake if this stays, DBNO is a distinguishing feature in Gears of War.

Why don't they just take the Lancer out and swap it with a futuristic M16? Better yet People Can Fly; MAKE GEARS INTO A FREAKIN' FPS.

I honestly want to think that this game's going to be fine, but every time I read or watch some new piece of information regarding it- it just makes me wonder if Gears is truly dead. :/

Without executions the game looses a massive part of it's character. And not being able to revive a friend really lessening the use of teamwork and strategy. It makes sense not to have it in FFA mode but why not the team-based modes?

Oh and FFA only allows you to carry one primary weapon now. I'm not sure about the other modes. So now you either pick a rifle or a shotgun and a last-resort-only snub pistol. I'm sure that's gonna work wonderfully.....

I've been cautiously optimistic about Judgement. I actually like the fact that a different dev is making the game. It allows for some fresh faces to come in and give a bit of a different take on the franchise. Sort like 343 and Halo 4. But 343 never messed with the core of what made the game a halo game. IMO they changed and improved upon many smaller things and it made the game better because of it. They didn't just change things because they could.

Every new gameplay addition/subtraction I've seen from Judgement has made the game more run-n-gun and mindless. That's exactly why I don't play games like COD, battlefield, etc I play gears for it's uniqueness and the fact that thought is almost as important as skill. Unfortunately I doubt that will be the case for Judgement.

Edited by MASS DOMINATION

I also just found out that the locust are removed from most MP game types and replaced with COG Blue VS. COG Red. WTF?

Yup, confirmed.

Apparently Quinn thinks that fans "Didn't like to play as Locust".

Shame I already payed off the pre-order with in-store credit. :/ (Can't change it now.)

How does that work whenever multiplayer customisation is skin-based? Red Marcus and Blue Marcus?

Here's a pic. Basically the armor glows like some of the weapons skins in GOW3.

http://img.digitaltrends.com/image/judgment-multiplayer-625x1000

Yup, confirmed.

Apparently Quinn thinks that fans "Didn't like to play as Locust".

Shame I already payed off the pre-order with in-store credit. :/ (Can't change it now.)

Yeah I think I'm going to canceling my pre-order by the end of the week. I just don't see anything I like about this game and I've been trying very hard to convince myself it's worth it. I'm going with GTA V instead.

WRONG. Epic said that this is only true in FFA and Its modified in overrun mode.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-13671-Gears-of-War--Judgment-FFA-Multiplayer-Will-Not-Include-Down-But-Not-Out-[updated].html

Read the top. ;)

DBNO is not in Versus mode, as it stands at the moment. (Hopefully the little riots occurring on the forums will catch their attention soon.)

People really need to take Communications courses... :confused:

I don't think Im going to be playing anything other than SP and co-op in Judgment. Too many changes for the worse. Not really excited for this game at all anymore. The more I see, the worse it looks. No DBNO in MP is the stupidest thing Ive ever heard. Who cares about K/D ratio so who cares about kill stealing? Id much rather have the occasional kill "stolen" than lose out on revives and executions. Im really starting to lose faith in Epic, who knows, maybe its from all the key talent they have lost recently.

Actually I, along with many others care about k/d. When seriously is so out of reach my k/d is all I can take pride in!

WRONG. Epic said that this is only true in FFA and Its modified in overrun mode.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-13671-Gears-of-War--Judgment-FFA-Multiplayer-Will-Not-Include-Down-But-Not-Out-[updated].html

Read the top. ;)

MISLEADING! Here is the official statement from Epic.

There was talk that the no DBNO thing was a misquote... is this true?

[EPIC] The DBNO mechanic is still present throughout the Campaign, and can be found in varying ways in some modes like our new Overrun gametype. It has, however, been removed from some of our other more traditional multiplayer modes (such as FFA, TDM, and the recently announced Domination mode). There are a multitude of reasons why this change was made, some of which are covered in our recent podcast.

Source

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well this is sort of a big change to the game-play I guess. Not sure how I feel about it though. I always liked how you were able to revive fallen friends and it was part of the overall tactics of the game. However I can't exactly say that I was thrilled by the number of times people killed the enemies I downed when they were literally just lying in front of me.

Still, I'm willing to give this game a try and see how if feels and plays. If the MP doesn't feel "Gears" enough I'm sure that the campaign will still be fun to play. :)

Down but not out is in gears of war judgment. It is not in the free for all game type. Watch some of the gameplay videos that are new on youtube, full games you will see people going down alot and medics throwing those revive grenades at team mates to get them up. And epic games them self better explained the whole dbno and comfirmed it is in gears of war judgment.

Heres the post that comfirms that DBNO is in judgment.

It was recently announced that a key Gears feature, Down But Not Out, would not be featured in Gears of War: Judgment. Well fret not, as Epic Games has recently better explained things for Gears fans. As it turns out, DBNO will only be eliminated altogether in Free For All mode, because obviously no one is going to revive you if they're all trying to kill you.