What's your character tier list?

Just wondering where everyone would rank the characters.

For me it would be:

S-Tier:

Wesker/Vergil/Dr Doom/Hawkeye/Zero/Wolverine/Frank West/Morrigan

A-Tier:

Dante/Strange/Wolverine/Magneto/Storm/Phoenix/C.Viper/Taskmaster/Dormammu/Spencer/Strider/Sentinel/Amaterasu/Haggar/Nemesis/Akuma

B-Tier:

Felicia/Ryu/Super Skrull/Iron Fist/Ghost Rider/She-Hulk/Hulk/Chris/Deadpool/Nova/Firebrand/Chun Li/Trish/Spiderman/Captain America/X-23/Arthur

C-Tier:

Hsien Ko/Iron Man/MODOK/Rocket Raccoon/Tron/Viewtiful Joe/Thor

Edited by Ctrl Alt Defeat

• 2 weeks later...

It's still really hard to say. Kusoru, a Japanese player, won Final Round using two of the characters you have listed under C tier - Viewtiful Joe and Rocket Raccoon. He also had Frank West on his team.

I feel comfortable saying Wesker, Zero, Level 4/5 Frank West, and maybe Dante are definitely some of the best characters in the game. But beyond that, I wouldn't even want to try to guess.

I Agree with a good majority of what your saying but in my opinion it's almost impossible to break this game into tier lists because you can find strategies and character team builds that cover weaknesses and make it ungodly hard to beat [ Look at Ageojoe with viewtiful joe+ frank west using RR log trap it was sick in stream]

But personally i would disagree with captain america and akuma being that low. Akuma got nerfed a bit [ in terms of health] but he still has unblockable set up's [ just off of his own ability] Spencer is top tier IMO if you can do his claw sets and throw Spencer with Doom and you have rolling death claw's all day long.

But yeah the tier list isn't really usuable in this game compared to a Street Fighter, or Mortal Kombat tierlist because the team dynamics make up for a character's short comings. [ Like morrigan meter teams, two heavies to soak damage and build meter while hitting solid 500-700k combo's to have morrigan's double fire's.]

Felicia [ ugh I hate people who use her so well.] she's a pain and probably A tier for those who know how to play her.

I've ran into Haggar's that I'd consider S tier because I didn't know how to stop them and I'd never seen some of the set up's and combo's so that's just my two cents.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah I get what you mean I was just saying its very challenging to break down this game; at least to me because it's so easy to overcome the gaps by building to cover it. But if I had to it would probably be.

S tier: dr. Doom, spencer, wesker; hawkeye; and lastly probably captain America (he got sooo much better)

A tier: Dante Vergil akuma strange Wolvie storm Magnus sentinel ghost rider nemesis taskmaster

B/c tier would be everyone else but these all are characters I rarely see; or really haven't had opportunity to play against very often.

Thought I'd give this another crack, let me know what you think. The one I struggled with the most was Captain America. I originally put him in B tier, but I felt like he stood out as better than the others. But now that I put him in A, I'm not sure about that either.

S

Wesker, Zero, C. Viper, Dante

A

Frank West, Vergil, Morrigan, Felicia, Spencer, Akuma, Nova, Hawkeye, Captain America, Dormammu, Wolverine, Dr. Doom, Magneto, Taskmaster

B

Nemesis, Jill, Strider, Chris, Ryu, Trish, Viewtiful Joe, Haggar, Amaterasu, Ghost Rider, Dr. Strange, Deadpool, X-23, Storm, Spider-Man, Sentinel, Hulk, Super Skrull, Phoenix

C

Firebrand, Phoenix Wright, Arthur, Tron, Chun-Li, Hsien-Ko, Shuma Gorath, Iron Fist, Rocket Raccoon, Iron Man, Thor, MODOK, She Hulk

My top ten would be (in order): Zero, Dormammu, C. Viper, Dante, Firebrand, Vergil, Magneto, Spencer, Felicia, and Phoenix. Once everyone learns anti-Phoenix strategy I'd put either Wesker/Strider/Dr. Doom in that slot but despite the info being out there I feel not enough people have really took it on board (including myself, with the terrible excuse of "it's a lot of hassle and not that many people play her well enough to bother").

Bottom ten seems harder to list, I think I'd go (worst to best): Hsien-Ko, Phoenix Wright, Tron Bonne, Chun-Li, She-Hulk, Arthur, Iron Fist, Ghost Rider, Thor, Nemesis.

You can check out Shoryuken.com's current tier list HERE, it will be revised after the Summer Slam tourney on the 5th.

See I put cappy in S because combined with doom missiles he's insane. 2 bar full clear nemesis and back him with task to close, his shield is annoying he's not OP like wesker but I have to put him in s tier because I've been ocv'd so many times by my training partner and just the insanity of his shield jump loops. Like I said my S tier is probably biased based off of that but he definitely got improved a whooole lot.

• 2 months later...