Riverwood Chicken

VerifyedRasta

Did you kill the Riverwood Chicken?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Did you kill the Riverwood Chicken?

• Yes, I killed it!
    • No!

You remember the first time you stepped into Riverwood and saw that chicken flapping around. It didn't look like it had an owner and you thought about testing your skills. All of a sudden, the music changes and when you look up, you're being attacked by the entire town! You would swear that you were a wanted man!

With no option to sheathe and say sorry, this is probably one of the most ridiculous moments in the game.

So, how many of you killed that chicken?

(I actually wanna know how many people didn't kill the chicken, because I don't see how you could resist)

EDIT:

I guess there's a lot of non-chicken killers on this forum!

Edited by VerifyedRasta

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alas, no, I did not kill the chicken. I don't know why, just didn't really strike me as the "thing to do". And while I hadn't actually heard or read anything definite, I kinda had a feeling that it might be "frowned upon" to unleash my Flames on a poor defenseless chicken in the middle of a - granted, not so crowded - town. Kind of like how in Oblivion, you would get in trouble for assaulting someone's horse or livestock.

Besides, is that REALLY the first thing you would do upon setting foot in a new town? Walk out of the house of the kindly stranger who's just welcomed you into their home and given you a bunch of free shit, and then start turning the local livestock into chicken mcnuggets?

LONG LIVE the Skyrim chickens! Lmao ;P

Alas, no, I did not kill the chicken. I don't know why, just didn't really strike me as the "thing to do". And while I hadn't actually heard or read anything definite, I kinda had a feeling that it might be "frowned upon" to unleash my Flames on a poor defenseless chicken in the middle of a - granted, not so crowded - town. Kind of like how in Oblivion, you would get in trouble for assaulting someone's horse or livestock.

Besides, is that REALLY the first thing you would do upon setting foot in a new town? Walk out of the house of the kindly stranger who's just welcomed you into their home and given you a bunch of free shit, and then start turning the local livestock into chicken mcnuggets?

thats makes me want to kill them even more!

thats makes me want to kill them even more!

Ha, yeah to be honest I prefer my chickens in mcnugget form as opposed to live as well - just playing devil's advocate. :p

I really didn't kill the chicken though...although the OP's description of what happens if you DO kill it sounds makes me kinda wish I had! That is freaking hilarious!

Ha, yeah to be honest I prefer my chickens in mcnugget form as opposed to live as well - just playing devil's advocate. :p

I really didn't kill the chicken though...although the OP's description of what happens if you DO kill it sounds makes me kinda wish I had! That is freaking hilarious!

Ecactly how i feel! haha, might just go and kill it now :p

No, only because I read what would happen. In some games, killing the livestock can have hilarious results (Arcania: Gothic 4 comes to mind) so usually I'd try.

The reaction on the part of the villagers is actually sort of understandable in the context of the lore. On a number of occasions it is said in some way that most people in Skyrim are just barely making it and life is hard and often short, not much margin for error. In a village like that, some random loon coming in and slaughtering the livestock could easily mean starvation during the winter.

I DID try to apologize :p

I dunno why, I guess after killing the rabbits and elks along the way it seemed like an OK thing to do for a hunter? Guess not lol

The reaction on the part of the villagers is actually sort of understandable in the context of the lore. On a number of occasions it is said in some way that most people in Skyrim are just barely making it and life is hard and often short, not much margin for error. In a village like that, some random loon coming in and slaughtering the livestock could easily mean starvation during the winter.

This is where I believe people give the devs WAY too much credit and add explanations of their own to things that seem sort of ridiculous. I'm pretty sure this was just something that was overlooked. I don't think Bethesda thought THAT much into it. I could be wrong...

surprised no one made a reference to OoT and what happens when you attack a Cucco 3 times lol..now that would have been an awesome easter egg they could have added

That would have been the best Easter egg ever!

Also, I'm really surprised that non-chicken killers are winning this poll! It kinda makes me feel bad now. Where are the video-game-immoral-chicken-killers??

Edited by VerifyedRasta

This is where I believe people give the devs WAY too much credit and add explanations of their own to things that seem sort of ridiculous. I'm pretty sure this was just something that was overlooked. I don't think Bethesda thought THAT much into it. I could be wrong...

You're probably right, but it does make me feel a bit better to fanwank a bit. ;) It does make sense when viewed like that, and these are people who like to fight if you look at them the wrong way! I am glad though they put the thought into having people you befriend look the other way if you take something small of theirs. True, might not be the most polite thing to do without asking, but a pal usually won't attack you or go get the cops if you help yourself to an apple!