FAQ: How to Stat Grind and Create Strong Characters

Asturgis

1) The question has been answered loads of times in loads of places, you don't need the items (My Torgal upgraded randomly) but it speeds things up

I know, you know I read before asking. But the answer isn't possible. In my last playtrough, I didn't have any good weapons or ultimate arts and I was BR110 so it isn't automatic.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was playing around with the idea of starting again to maximize my stats and I was wondering what kind of weapons to use for Rush. I want to do dual wield again, but this time I'm thinking of going with axes (imagine Rush with dual hawkwinds and can use hawkarang). Everyone I've seen has gone the katana route and ended up with tataraichis. Has anyone tried going dual axes?

Also, I'm trying to think of the 6 leaders I would use and so far I've come up with Rush, Blocter (I love his Wonder Bangle), Emmy (Namul Niram, Hundred Flowers, and Snowpetal), Torgal (Lugh's Revenge and Hawkarang), Jager (Lob Omen and Schiavone) or Caedmon, then for my mystic union I'll start with Pagus (go for Blackout) and then switch to Irina and go for Fatal Eclipse.

Why dual axes which are Wyrmrazor/Auld Hawkwind as best, while Parrying and Aura Tataraichis have like 40 attack more?

As for your leaders, you don't need Blocter at all, only for bosses that use Animalcule. Just switch him in for those. Emmy's weapon art... is it confirmed anywhere? Because I've never read about her learning one, so until it is confirmed I will stick to my opinion and say it isn't possible :p

Summons also suck, I'd say don't pick your leaders because they can use summons. They are only useful to a handful of bosses where you need the summons to deadlock them so you can heal. For me, summons are mostly an annoyance, especially at bosses that use AoE attacks. My unions get hit for another round but hey, at least the summon did 2000 damage! >.<

Oh I guess my entire last save was impossible then

You must have just been unlucky

Maybe you were lucky too :) You can't say "just do nothing" because it doesn't work as a rule, I'm living proof. And you're living proof that you did something right, maybe even without realizing it, like grinding somewhere, finishing all the quests before, digging for materials, I don't know, hyperlinking in the Ancient Ruins... Think dude ! :)

Why dual axes which are Wyrmrazor/Auld Hawkwind as best, while Parrying and Aura Tataraichis have like 40 attack more?

I'm talking about these axes from GameFaqs:

Shielding Hawkwind Midsz 150 79 130 63 [Physical] Resist +5

Enchanted Hawkwind Midsz 150 63 130 79 [Mystic] Resist +5

comparing them to the tataraichis:

Parrying Tataraichi Midsize 150 65 135 69 [Physical] Resist +5

Aura Tataraichi Midsize 150 52 135 86 [Mystic] Resist +5

Less mystic attack but more overall defense. Also, I was hoping that using axes would give me the Mighty/Peerless moves instead of the Nimble/Swift that I got from using katanas.

I kind of liked the summons every now and then, but if its really not needed then I probably take Emmy out because she seems pretty weak in my playthrough (compared to the others) then again she is a great healer.

Edited by eektor

Man I don't follow you, I don't even know if you're joking or being sarcastic, maybe my english isn't good enough, which is probable. But I use smileys, so YOU know I am joking :)

Are you telling me you knew exactly what to do (if so please share) or that you had no idea how you got them ? If so then OK I understand :)

PS : I am at base 3, and I am supposed to talk to Duke Ghor between each battle, but his text stays the same... Does it smell bad for me ?

Edited by Asturgis

Man, how the fuck am I supposed to know that this money is for upgrades, how it increases or decreases if it isn't explained anywhere... So how does the money works ? Does it go up when the character gets the final blow, or is it just a % of Rush's total ?

Jonny my HP are 6135 5293 and 5765 at BR 65, and my ATK average is 87, 99 and 91 for my 3 unions :) Thanks for the Duke of Ghor help.

Edited by Asturgis

you have to talk to duke ghor after each base but his dialogue only changes every 2 bases. im interested in what your stats are now that you have got to the bases as i had to restart and have been following this thread as best as i can.

In case you're wondering how I progressed, since I posted in here a lot too:

Currently BR 99

Union 1: 8743 hp, 125 atk

Union 2: 8095 hp, 134 atk

Union 3: 7969 hp, 112 atk

All using Unicorn formation, I know it sucks but I beat everything with ease, so why get better (don't feel like doing guild tasks to get Battle Crown atm :p).

So I just learned Fatal Eclipse, even got it up to II in the battle, then the boss used some moves he never used any other time I fought him and knocked out two unions

Then Emmy wouldn't revive for some reason so now I have no Fatal Eclipse and knowing my luck I never will again

Arcana Magic is over rated Otaku, you know this!

Deacon is imo a must have in every playthrough. He rocks :)

Yes he does, so does Sutherby. I have a problem though, with Damacus : his HP are high and he's lerant a lot of stuff, so he's a beast bu the problem is I took him (on your advice) for Lotions, and since he hasn't healed anybody's venom status, he doesn't know anything in that area.