Maka

Missions:

- SA

- SA

- SA

- SA

- SA

SA - denotes Silent Assassin Rating

Evidence Locations: (Information is Power)

Guide by PowerPyx

Guide by Harry94

Guide by Predni

Guide by XCVii 007

Guide:

Achievement Guide & Roadmap - Tyger7

Challenge Guides:

Guide by Tyger7

Guide by asdfen

Edited by Maka

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard was pretty easy, I just killed everyone I came across in every level lol.

Haha, that works too. I tried to do a lot of the levels trying to minimize casualties. Most of the missions were done without being spotted in an easily repeatable way.

But if all else fails, play it like Gears.

Finally a thread with only links. I hate when you click on any guide thread and its FUCKING FLOODED with embed YT videos, takes freaking forever to load everything.

Looking forward to your Hard run on the CEMETARY ENTRANCE level. I got problems with that, ended up shooting most of the bad guys with a +14.000 rating.

Yeah, I'm interested how you solve this...I tried many times but couldn't do it without one of the guards in the garden shot in the process (I told him to look away...but he didn't listen).

I actually just finished that on Purist without being seen. I should have a video up within a couple of days if you can wait that long.

@ OP: I should have a full Purist walkthrough completed within a couple of days if the last levels aren't too hard. So far I'm up to Skurky's Law. You can add the links of those videos to this thread if you want to. I have a thread on here that has them listed but may have been overlooked and not as tidy as this one.

I don't agree with playing Professional by killing everyone. That goes against the meaning of the word Professional. I'm playing Blackwater Park right now, and there is no way I'm going to just kill people to get past. I can sacrifice my Suit Only challenge (which I've gotten in almost every level thus far), but I won't kill anyone other than my target.

EDIT: Got through Blackwater Park, Infiltrator/No Kills, after almost 2 hours only to find Cemetery Entrance is going to kick my ass for a while! :(

EDIT 2: Oh, the last level wasn't quite as bad, but I did kill 1 guard. I don't have a clue how to pass the first area without taking someone out. Ah well, I suppose that's a challenge for my Purist playthrough!

Edited by Crimson Ridley

So I just completed it on Hard, and didn't get an achievement pop. Anyone got any ideas?

After the first time I compelted it, the counter for how many missions I had completed was stuck on 19/20 for a while, so I think it may be related to that. Maybe it doesn't always work out what you've done or something. But I still got my achievement for completing it first time before that happened, and I've got no idea what I did to make it roll over in the end.

I have a really fast way to complete 'The Penthouse' of Blackwater Park. I think if you haven't filmed that part yet, the below method will be the best and fastest way to complete it!

When you have control of 47, move and shimmy across the ledge. Drop down and then run to the door. Stop a bit short so the guards don't hear you. Crouch and open the door and you'll see the target and guards walk past you under the arch way.

Simply follow them until they stop in the next room. After a short conversation, they'll move onto the next room to the right. Keeping to the left side of the stairs, walk past the guard to the left and follow them. When they get into the next room, they'll split up a little but the 2 guards will stop in the room up ahead.

While in the small hallway, look right and take cover behind the little table/desk which is near the exit of that hallway. Wait until the guards get told to move on and one of them will come right up next to you.

Now this may vary, but on Normal he got close enough that I could corner takedown, but on Hard, he did not. So I'll list both versions.

Corner Takedown - If he's close enough for this do it. Once dead, the target will be in the next room to the left on a PC. She has her back turned and there are no guards near her. So assassinate.

Takedown - If the guard does not come close enough, you should have enough intuition to Point Shoot him or you can just pop out and shoot him but PS works better. Doing so, the target will get slighting suspicious and come back around the corner.

Let her do her thing and she'll then turn her back on you. When she does, pop out of cover and kill her.

Escape - Now head back to the guards body and get his disguise. Feel free to go to the end of the original room you killed the guard in and grab the keycard off the desk.

If you don't follow the room up ahead (where the target was originally going), you can now walk around freely through the whole level. So simply head to the exit and you're done!

Doing this, the level took me less than 5mins.

----------

Mission 3: Terminus.

The way you go at the start is a really long route to take. From the start, if you head left, you can take a ladder down into the sewers. A little walk through here, will bring you out right where the Mechanic is. Simply wait for the guards to move and you're free to walk over to him and get his disguise.

Literally, it takes 1 minute to get to that point. Where as going through the hotel lobby and around the back rooms etc, so it takes a lot more time and risks of getting caught.

Edited by Nozza

I have a really fast way to complete 'The Penthouse' of Blackwater Park. I think if you haven't filmed that part yet, the below method will be the best and fastest way to complete it!

When you have control of 47, move and shimmy across the ledge. Drop down and then run to the door. Stop a bit short so the guards don't hear you. Crouch and open the door and you'll see the target and guards walk past you under the arch way.

Simply follow them until they stop in the next room. After a short conversation, they'll move onto the next room to the right. Keeping to the left side of the stairs, walk past the guard to the left and follow them. When they get into the next room, they'll split up a little but the 2 guards will stop in the room up ahead.

While in the small hallway, look right and take cover behind the little table/desk which is near the exit of that hallway. Wait until the guards get told to move on and one of them will come right up next to you.

Now this may vary, but on Normal he got close enough that I could corner takedown, but on Hard, he did not. So I'll list both versions.

Corner Takedown - If he's close enough for this do it. Once dead, the target will be in the next room to the left on a PC. She has her back turned and there are no guards near her. So assassinate.

Takedown - If the guard does not come close enough, you should have enough intuition to Point Shoot him or you can just pop out and shoot him but PS works better. Doing so, the target will get slighting suspicious and come back around the corner.

Let her do her thing and she'll then turn her back on you. When she does, pop out of cover and kill her.

Escape - Now head back to the guards body and get his disguise. Feel free to go to the end of the original room you killed the guard in and grab the keycard off the desk.

If you don't follow the room up ahead (where the target was originally going), you can now walk around freely through the whole level. So simply head to the exit and you're done!

Doing this, the level took me less than 5mins.

----------

Mission 3: Terminus.

The way you go at the start is a really long route to take. From the start, if you head left, you can take a ladder down into the sewers. A little walk through here, will bring you out right where the Mechanic is. Simply wait for the guards to move and you're free to walk over to him and get his disguise.

Literally, it takes 1 minute to get to that point. Where as going through the hotel lobby and around the back rooms etc, so it takes a lot more time and risks of getting caught.

For mission 20, I noticed that if I walked near the door, and put a bullet in the ground, one of the swat looking guards would come to investigate. At that point, I could subdue, steal the disguise, dump the body, and basically walk straight to the target after she got into the panic room. Only needed a dab of instinct for extra comfort (as I had it), and once in the room, just shoot her in the face. Also, got a silent assassin rating, and was at the phone (end of the mission) when I killed her, without alerting anyone at all. I think my method is pretty foolproof, even on Hard! Video posted tomorrow around noon EST.

Yeah, I didn't do very well on Terminus, and might re-do it. From level 6 on, it becomes much more stealthy and I usually have much better paths. Missions 3-5 are just enough to get you through.

Edited by Maka

For mission 20, I noticed that if I walked near the door, and put a bullet in the ground, one of the swat looking guards would come to investigate. At that point, I could subdue, steal the disguise, dump the body, and basically walk straight to the target after she got into the panic room. Only needed a dab of instinct for extra comfort (as I had it), and once in the room, just shoot her in the face. Also, got a silent assassin rating, and was at the phone (end of the mission) when I killed her, without alerting anyone at all. I think my method is pretty foolproof, even on Hard! Video posted tomorrow around noon EST.

Yeah, I didn't do very well on Terminus, and might re-do it. From level 6 on, it becomes much more stealthy and I usually have much better paths. Missions 3-5 are just enough to get you through.

See I thought going the distracting route at the start just as they walk under that arch would cause more trouble than good. As all the guards and target are there, plus there is a guy to your right next to the stairs. So I took the safe route and followed until the areas were more clear.

Even though I took it a different way, I still got an SA rating because I only killed 2 people without being noticed.

Any chance someone could make a simple text guide for viable paths in hard mode for each level.

I have the a download speed problem with loading up countless youtube videos.

I just need to know what kills who the stealthiest and i can figure out how to deal with the patrols and such myself.

Any chance someone could make a simple text guide for viable paths in hard mode for each level.

I have the a download speed problem with loading up countless youtube videos.

I just need to know what kills who the stealthiest and i can figure out how to deal with the patrols and such myself.

I'm sure someone could do it, but in all honesty in the later levels it would be really hard for most people to describe using text only as they can get a little complicated.

• 2 weeks later...
Good luck with Blackwater Park :)

I saw this and thought you meant Countdown, which I found the hardest level to complete anyway due to the fact you can't really shoot enemies. So I thought I'd do that on Hard first, and did it easily :D

Then I thought of Blackwater and looked at this guy's guide and apart from a shoot up getting the retinal scanner, I did everything right first try.

This has got me pumped now, if I can do these two levels, I feel I can do any of them on Hard now and get my last achievement.

• 2 weeks later...