Achievement Discussion

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

:( I don't think I'll be getting 1000 in this one too...unless it's easier.

By the way, most people would pull their hair out going for Mission Rank SS, the wins and kills seems ridiculous...hopefully, it means winning in a data pack, or AC battle, or a mission, because the online community isn't that big, and the people who do play it are long-time Armored Core players, usually Japanese, who give you no shot of winning. :p

Whatever, If I can get half the achievements, I'll be happy, I just want the game. :D

• 4 weeks later...
:( I don't think I'll be getting 1000 in this one too...unless it's easier.

By the way, most people would pull their hair out going for Mission Rank SS, the wins and kills seems ridiculous...hopefully, it means winning in a data pack, or AC battle, or a mission, because the online community isn't that big, and the people who do play it are long-time Armored Core players, usually Japanese, who give you no shot of winning. :p

I agree with this. The Wins/Kills are gonna suck and the online community is likely to be dead or full of Armored Core pros. And judging by the hype this game is getting in America and by how long it has already been out in Japan, I'm guessing the Online will be dead within a month.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah I had a look at the achievements the other day and it sounds insane! How can anyone hope to get 10000 kills or wins?? I could understand slightly if it included offiline mission wins as well. Thats just mental. I didnt get very far with the last one as I found it got a little hard. But I am a vet of the series and I managed to complete the original game several times, Think I'm just going to try and persevere with this one! The online community for this game is said to be non existant which is a shame.

And the SS Rank achievement is for the overal mission rank you get during the story mode I believe. There are achievements for getting ranks online, it goes up to A then the next one after that is "Achieve Ranker Status" or something. Can't wait to get a bit more done on this tonight, I beat the first chapter last night but couldn't play more as I had to go round the Girlfriends, Damn females!!

Pro

I just ordered this in the mail, and am wondering if the online modes is all ranked or is there player matches where you can invite people and keep it private to help with the kills/win achievements?

I to am a long time fan of the AC series, to bad I'm missing only two of the games.*not including the psp version*

I take it the story mode achievements are pretty linear?

**possible Spoilers**

Yeah mate, the achievements are the usual fair, but in AC 4A you have to face these things called Mobile Forts, or something like that. They are basically huge bloomin machines that you have to take down, they are pretty sick. You get achievements for killing them. And yeah the online matches are split into Ranked and Player match.

The most ridiculous aspect of this game is that there are achievements for getting 1000 kills and 1000 wins, 2000 kills and 2000 wins etc etc, theres one for every incriment until 5000, then it skips to 7500!! THEN it goes to 10000!!! I mean, WTF??? There arent enough people in the world that would play it enough to allow someone to get that many kills!! Theres barely 3 people online when I looked! Lol, so if anyone gets that one I will be gobsmacked

Pro

I dunno mate, don't even know how to GET the ORCA arena!! I completed the Colared one and finished the game once through with the league ending, still need the ORCA and Destruction endings. How does one get the ORCA Arena?? I did a google search but nothing comes up worth a turd!!

Pro

I forgot to come back and edit that I got the chiev for orca, yay way to go secret achievement.

@ultrapro: you have to start the orca story line, and after a few key missions, you will be inducted into the orca organization, hence opening up the orca arena.

after you beat the arena making it to number one, a new mech appears in the list at spot eleven, so you have to go into free play and beat it that way.

Also I found reading the gamefaqs link I provided in the mission tree thread is a lot easier to understand than the horrible drawn out one, I couldn't make heads or tails of that one....:woop::woop:

Edited by Darkgorgos

YAY! only hard mode, s, and ss left for the off line chievs

onlines are going to take a chunk of flesh to get done.

E,C,A, and Ranker.

Does anyone know how many wins it would take in ranked to achieve each status?

And the kill/win achievements are just re-dick-you-lost

I'm catching you up!!! But I doubt I will get the ones you've mentioned lol. I see you're playing a lot of the AC4 as well, I might pick it up again on the cheap and see how far I can get, its already in my list so its not like I can delete it so I might as well huh? I just can't remember exactly what, but something put me off that game big time. I dunno, maybe I encountered a really hard level and didn't perservere, fcuk knows

Pro

Don't know what you mean mate, all the Armored Core games including AC4 and AC4A, were made by From Software, I never saw Sega on the packaging, and they only publish games now, unless its Sonic Team or some other Sega team. You sure your on the right conversation? lol

Pro

your right, and I know its devloped by from software.

Sega of america just published it here. so I went and figured they might of had a hand in how it was made since they were publishing it.

And hasn't the series gone through three publishers now:

Agetec

Sega

Ubisoft.

and now back to topic. 0_0

Only seven missions left on hard for that achievement.

The SS total is going to be a bitch.

and have you noticed, everywhere you go *not including xbox.com* almost all the message boards and help threads dried up about a month after AC:FA came out?

Well it was published by Ubisoft over here, but yeah they have been through quite a few lol

I dunno, to be honest I wouldn't know anyway cos the game only came out over here about 3 weeks ago!!

I am a member of an ac4a forum which is pretty good so far. its : http://ac4a.ownbb.com/index.php

I am just about to finish the 3rd ending but can't complete occupation of arteria carpals!! Gonna see what I can find.

Pro

*palm smacks forehead*

DUR on my part, Ultra.

When I was Talking about SEGA I was referring to your comment about picking up AC4 again. No wonder we were not on the same page.

Yeah, ACFA is Ubisoft over here too.

Anyways, Back on the topic.

Does that site have a S rank mission guide. I'll have to swing over and take a look.

S and SS are the only things I need for the off line mode.

:drunk:drunk

OK so I went and checked that site. I've been there before using google search. Its the same as other sites I've been to, and does not have what I'm looking for.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u132/darkgorgos/101_2468.jpg

Those two D's are pissing me off, did you by any chance get a better score on them?

Edited by Darkgorgos
new info

lol, your kidding right? :eek: I havent even finished them off or unlocked all of them in NORMAL yet! I am stuck on the last mission of the Destruction path, occupation of whats its face... So I will get back to you when I have lol. I don't suppose you've got any tips on completing that mission? I get hammered everytime. After I complete that one I will have 2 left to unlock on the League path that I missed. Cheers

Pro