Kane & Lynch 2 spotted

Pheonix_Assassin

A sequel to Eidos and IO's Kane & Lynch has been spotted in the wild, by means of a trademark filed by the publisher earlier this month.

'Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days' was filed by Eidos on July 8, pretty much confirming that the long-rumoured sequel is indeed a reality.

The video is at this website : http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=219487

Edited by Pheonix_Assassin

The original Kane and Lynch was really good. Me and my boyfriend played it through on split screen co-op, and the strength of the story and script kind of made up for any niggling bugs in play, like the aiming being a little off.

I'm not so sure that a sequel is a good idea though. It seems like it works better as a stand alone title. The story was done and dusted by the end of the game. I can't think of any way to add to it that wont just feel tacked on.

The multiplayer was very cool in the first though. So i wouldn't say no to some more of that.

I enjoyed the first one enough to play it twice (360 and PC) although the MP achievements were long and glitchy (currently sitting at 240+ games played and close to $200 million, still missing the 200 games and $150 million achievements on the PC). I would definitely play a sequel, and the MP was very good despite the glitchiness of the ach's.

Personally, I felt the aiming was much more realistic than most games. Firing a submachine gun accurately in real life is very hard, they tend to have a lot of kick because there is so little mass to stabilize them. The aiming reticle doesn't just magically stay locked on target, you have to use small bursts and aim BEFORE you pull the trigger, not afterward. Too realistic for some gamers, obviously, but as a shooter IRL, I found it quite easy to master.

Kane & Lynch 1 blew.

Just look at my gamercard... I couldn't stand to play it.

Maybe you didn't play it enough to get into the story? Co-operative MP is so much better in my book than slayer and KOTH and such. I think developers are figuring out that there is a good portion of the fan base that agrees with me, which explains the rising number of games with Horde mode, Zombie mode, etc.

:p

Awesome! I'll be looking forward to this! I just played the Co-op with my brother -twice- and really loved the gritty characters. Granted the graphics are now somewhat dated but still functional, and I didn't find the aiming, once you got used to it, fine. A pity the multiplayer game is ruined by quitting players. And yeah, there could be less online achievements, but what the heck.

I wonder if this game will kill Gamespot.com's credibility a little more....

The first game wasn't bad. IO are solid developers, though I greatly prefer the Hitman series, but this game was worth a playthrough. I hope they add online co-op this time around, because I think I would have enjoyed it a bit more if I had a buddy playing alongside me.

The first game cried out for online co-op and they left it out, idiots. This second one needs quite a bit of work doing to it such as graphics, the aiming and other bits and bobs. I tried to like it and play it but could not play it any longer after i completed the story.

Looking for big changes in this one.

what was the fiasco with Gamespot? apparently I was out of the loop for this one.

If i remember rightly a Gamespot reviewer just totally blew away the game with a very bad review and low score and in the end it led to him getting sacked.

Something along those lines :p.