Is this game any good?

devowitanevo

It Looks to be like Ao2 but idk what the hell is the plot??

i dont care if you give spoilers the only storylines i have ever payed attention to where FF series and dead space..

Does it have a bunch of co-op tactics like Ao2? and is it Co-op online?

From the looks of it is seems like its GTA style street killing, and Ao2 AI-Co-op..

Any answers would help befor i buy this i have debated this game for about a year now and always picksomething else up because it just looks better in my eyes.. Dont get me wrong i LOVED Ao2 and still play it i cant wait for "The 40th Day"

Thanks,

Devon

IMO it is good, yes, but bear in mind the co-op is only local NOT over Live. Having said that, I would say it plays more like Gears than Army of Two. Obviously it's not as smooth as Gears, but it's that sort of thing.

As I remember there are no co-op moves ALA Army of Two, but you do get different achievements depending on which character you are. Which means you HAVE to play 2 player local if you intend to go for the achievements.

The online mode is quite good too - it's a bank heist where you go in as a team, and choose whether to help your fellow robbers so you all get out, or go traitor, shoot them in the back of the head and take the money. It's good but the community isn't amazingly active any more so it takes a while to find a game sometimes.

For the cheap price you can grab it at these days, I would snap it up. I paid about £25 for it and wasn't disappointed, and I'm usually a cheapskate! :p

hhmmmm no online co-op..... >.>...... but crappy online lobby like Ao2..... is there retarded side missions in it too or are they reasonable?? (if there is)

Oh and let me Guess for 600msp i can get a 4 player map that includes Awesome co-op opportunities and a whopping 100GS!!!!! LMAO at developers for being stingy on the DLC Achievement points. (oh ya that was a reff. to Ao2 lol)

But if i get any more good reviews about it i guess ill pick it up if its like $15-20, any more not worth the pain of trying to find an online match, even when i use the site people are VERY well the just dont show up or dont know what they are doing..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well I like it...and for the first time ever in a game like this i am enjoying the multiplayer... I wish that the language was toned down however... like... ALLOT. Now I have to play this game late at night to make sure nobody hears "your stealing your own s***? F**K! That old F***ER took it!" every time I die. I mean... it's like Robocop whenever they use the F bomb. Its just everywhere and unnecessary. I'll never understand why great serious games and movies have to be crammed with swearing to an unrealistic amount to the point where it's funny. I mean I can see a rapper dropping the F bomb whenever he talks... but your boss? you wife? your cat? WTF?!

well I like it...and for the first time ever in a game like this i am enjoying the multiplayer... I wish that the language was toned down however... like... ALLOT. Now I have to play this game late at night to make sure nobody hears "your stealing your own s***? F**K! That old F***ER took it!" every time I die. I mean... it's like Robocop whenever they use the F bomb. Its just everywhere and unnecessary. I'll never understand why great serious games and movies have to be crammed with swearing to an unrealistic amount to the point where it's funny. I mean I can see a rapper dropping the F bomb whenever he talks... but your boss? you wife? your cat? WTF?!

Wait.... there's no cats in this game...

• 4 weeks later...

The controls are horrible, the graphics are terrible, it's artificially hard at times, the co-op is borderline broken (as mentioned it's local only, but more than that you can't just arbitrarily pick one person to play as Kane & one as Lynch, you're assigned a character), the acheivements are very heavily weighted towards multiplayer and require at least 4 ppl to boost (some require more than that).

No, it's not very good. It's an average shooter with a decent story/dialogue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just played through it. I wouldn't say that Kane & Lynch is bad by any means, but I feel a lot of the complaints are justified. The AI is abysmal, especially in the Cuba levels... my men kept dying because they decided to take cover in the line of fire. My game also froze a few times, and it was often in horrible spots. By that, I mean after the spots that had taken several tries to beat.

That being said, I feel it's an underrated game. I love the story, it's always nice to see a darker story in games. The dialog is brash, but let's be honest... is a group of mercs going to be speaking properly in the line of fire? I also kind of liked the loose shooting in the game. No, the guns weren't laser beam, MW2 accurate, and often times it takes a lot of ammo to bring someone down at range, but I honestly felt that it fits in with the whole premise of the story being one botched plan after another. The revive system is pretty cool, too. I liked the balance of it... adrenaline can save you, but if you abuse it, you overdose. Overall, I'd say it's a pretty good bargain for $11 or whatever Gamestop or Amazon charge for it now, it's got a pretty fun single player mode and a multiplayer mode that I hear is quite fun (I never got around to playing Fragile Alliance, but it sounds very interesting).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Even though I'm late on this, I picked up this game today and I have to say, thus far, the game is brilliant! It's really fun, at first it felt kind of clunky to me, but once you get the hang out of things and working your way around the minor flaws such as the aiming and such, it's a great experience. Really feels like a generic 3rd person shooter, but at the same time feels original? Shame though for not having online co-op :uzi:

If it had online co-op, this game would be spot on :Bounce:

Recommend it though. Great game for a cheap price ($8.99), can't go wrong.