E-String Note Problems

RexDarr

I would have to tune it up but when I actually tune through a normal tuner (I have both a BOSS chromatic hand-held tuner & a BOSS TU-3 pedal tuner) and both say it's perfectly tuned to E.

If I was to tune it half a step up the string would break. There's a lot of tension on that string right now.

tune it down that half note?

In order to do this you would have to tune it to the games tuner (it makes you do this before you can proceed to the song,) then pause and tune down before playing every time. Obviously there's a problem, as I saw that someone on my buddy list also had this game, so I asked if he had any problems with the "top" (really the bottom ;)) string. He said he was going through the same thing. Is a patch now necessary?

Edited by KvnRnld

Plug your guitar into your chromatic tuner and make sure that when you play fretted notes that your getting the right pitch. You might need to adjust the truss rod if your not getting correct pitches. If that is the case i suggest you take it to a repair shop if you don't have experience adjusting it.

i had E string problems with the guitar a owned previous to getting the game (while using it in the game), but with the les paul junior that came with the game i've not had any problems yet

if its a game issue they will probably release a patch for other guitars... but you should try adjusting the truss rod in the neck or changing strings in the mean time... also as someone else stated if the 12th fret isn't an E when the open string is E then your probably screwed with that guitar

also use the game tuner and not an external tuner as the game is tuned to it

with the les paul junior that came with the game i've not had any problems yet

LPs tend to have a longer scale, this game was obviously designed w/ those in mind, as that's the pack-in they chose. that's why I'm wondering if that could be the issue. As for the in-game tuner, the game won't let you start a song unless you are in tune with it, but it seems to be pretty accurate anyways. I double checked w/ a chromatic tuner and it was pretty much spot-on.

Edited by KvnRnld

I called the customer support # on the booklet and informed them of the problem that I've been having and they said that it was the first they'd heard of it. I would suggest that anyone else having this problem call them as well. The problem for me is pretty much isolated to the 3 or 4 lower notes on low E . This is making it close to impossible to play Ducks as a majority seem to be on the 3rd fret @ the beginning.

Edited by KvnRnld

I'm using 2 Hagstroms a Super Swede and a F300. No fret buzz on either. both have a 25.5 neck scale. I guess I had it backwards because after some research I've learned that a LP jr. has a 24.75 scale, I was under the impression that all LPs were 27". I have no Idea whether the scale could make a difference within the game, as I really don't know much about that, but It's the only thing I can think of after trying pretty much everything else. If somebody in the know could verify if this could be the problem or not please let me know. If I had access to a different guitar I could test it out, but both my guitars are the same scale.

This problem has made playing "Vaseline" a living hell! lol.

Edited by KvnRnld

I'm stumped as to why you are having problems. I played for about 2 hours with no problems. I don't see why scale should have any effect at all. I used a LP last night which has the 24.75" scale. I'll give my strat (25.5") a try tonight and check in later.

Cool, thanks!

Just played the game for the first time last night and noticed the exact same thing. Thought it was me!

I am a newb (been only playing for about 3 months) so half of the stuff you guys are saying is greek to me (27'' scale vs 24.75...), but am interested in the fix that was talked about (tuning down the E string). Was it just trial and error?

When the game works I like it a lot and can see how it would benefit me. Not sure about you more experienced players though.

Hope they patch it soon, but if a simple tuning hack works I am ok with that for now.

Found this post over on GameSpot.com. Some guys seem to think that it is an intonation issue with individual guitars. btw didn't know what that meant till I saw the youtube video "How to intonate your guitar". Seems plausible and I can almost guarantee that my guitar is off. Going to try to fix it up tonight:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/puzzle/rocksmith/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-60700989&pid=624516&tag=topics%3Btitle

I'm having same issue on the Low E. I know I am going to get laughed at for this, but I am using the Power Gig guitar. I'm not sure whether its an isolated issue or not, I don't think it is. It's making it hard to play any songs, and since I don't have an external tuner, its really bothersome.

The last thing I want is to learn to play the wrong way because of an issue like this.