help with car minigame

jokertheangel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The third episode one is a real controller breaker. The car in front is too far ahead and off the screen most of the time, there are no visible roads that the car is following and then at 3 or 4 points for no apparent reason the car you are trailing becomes invisible and you just have to guess and hope. The only real advice I can give is to to do it as fast as possible; if you don't get the first 2 levels out of the way almost perfectly then the last part will be impossible.

I would think it would be a lot easier with Kinect or Move because obviously no-one bothered to test it with a regular controller.

Edited by vithzeral

• 2 months later...

I tried the Episode 3 GPS minigame at least a dozen times before passing it. "Thank God" I thought when I finally finished it, hoping to crank through the rest of the game and send it back to NF.

There really aren't any tips other than what people have already said. If you don't get the first two levels quickly at the start, you might as well start again. I ran out of time a couple of times with the last level almost complete. There was cursing.

Sadly there is another GPS game in the last episode. I only tried it once, before calling it a night, but on the plus side, there are discernable roads in that minigame, so I expect it won't be quite as frustrating.

Edited by KRS
spite

Ack - there are two GPS minigames in episode 4. Neither is anywhere near as bad as the one in episode 3 however. The first in Ep 4 took me 3 tries, the second one I actually am proud to say I got on the first try.

Another 1000/1000 - I need to update my sig. :)

• 2 months later...

Holy cow, how r u guys having so many problems with this?? I found all of them easy did all of them 1st try except the 3rd mission one car was kinda fast. Only advice I can say is keep the reticle on the red dot at all times and be slow on how you controll it also look at the white dots ahead of the dot your following, if u know where they are going, you know where the cars going so just follow and be slow. Easy game there sould be difficulty:uzi:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, for some people it's easy, and some it's not. sheesh. I'm done with this game at 700, this 3rd car minigame isn't worth whatever it is I'll break. I can get the 1st 2 done in 20-30 seconds, but that last one is just rediculous. You lose all your progress so quickly...The fact thiat this game is dogshit doesn't make we want to go further anyway. The voice acting is just painful. This is a game I regret 100% (And If I ever do lose my marbles long enough to 1K it, I'll still stand by that statement)

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Yeah, the GPS minigame at the end of episode 3 was an utter pain in the butt. I don't remember having this hard of a time completing it on the PS3. I'm sure it's easy as pie on the original PC version with a mouse.

After about a dozen tries, I took a few days break, came back to it, and passed in the 3rd or 4th try. Here's what I did which made it a *tiny* bit easier, but NOT super easy.

1. Assuming you're playing on an HDTV, zoom in the picture ("Cinema" is the view setting on my TV for that).

This helps because the original play area is windowed with a large border.

2. Mute the TV audio. I found the constant "we lost her" police chatter to be a distraction.

3. I found that using the Titan One adapter (www.consoletuner.com) to use a PS3 controller on the X360 seemed to help.

You'll need a wired X360 controller plus a PS3 controller (wired or wireless with a USB wire).

Plug the wired X360 controller into the Titan One, then put that into the X360's USB port in front. Once it "registers" (numbers of the device will stop cycling), pull out the controller (not the Titan One), and then plug in the PS3 controller into the Titan One.

4. On the X360 dashboard, go to Settings, Profile, Game Defaults, General, and change Sensitivity to "high".

You would think "low" would make more sense, but "high" seemed to do better with the Titan/PS3 controller.

That's really all I did.

If you know how to resign Xbox 360 saves, I uploaded two I made after this GPS game, and the last one in Episode 4. You can find them on my site here: http://www.theraffon.net/~spookcentral/xbox.htm