Games That are Hard to Find

Rasp

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing all these posts, Im starting to believe that game rarity has a lot to do with region. I'm on the West Coast of Canada and would have no problem getting a old copy of NHL, or Dead Space, or Lego Indiana Jones. But games I can't find here, such as Skate 2, can be found other places.

I would say that you're correct. A lot of these games I see at GameStop all the time and cheap. I've never seen Avatar though.

This may be another case of regional availability, but you'll have a really hard time finding a copy of Marvel: Ultimate Alliance or M:UA 2 anywhere around here. Same goes for most games released anywhere from 2007-2009. It's just sort of a dead zone for games. However one general rule, which can probably be applied anywhere, is your local EB Games or Gamestop will always be full of old sports game whose servers have been shut down, and as a result people don't want anymore, leading to a glut of them in the secondhand shops. They really shouldn't even put them out on display; no one's going to come in looking for a used copy of NBA 08 or Madden 07.

I know the Original Marvel vs Capcom 2 for xbox was really rare. They only made a limited amount of copies. It sells for over $60 on eBay.

So glad I got mine :)

Most of the rare games are going to be on the older systems or as stated JRPG types that pretty much if you don't pre-order your not going to get them. I know that the Sega Saturn Panzer Dragoon games go for a pretty penny on the used market and finding one new is near impossible at the moment. Also finding complete copies of certain games such as the Lunar series on the original PlayStation.... I sure miss when collector's editions just were, and not an upgrade.

The bottom line is that the games that always end up being worth any money in the future, tend to be the ones that did poorly and pretty much no one wanted or bought.

It's just a matter of asking yourself do I want to spend money on a game I'm going to enjoy? Or try to make an investment on a game that may or may not be worth anything in the distant future?

I bought skate 2 the other day for 5pound (10dollar thereabouts) so i'm glad I saw this thread,

these games are also rare to come by in the shop and if you do find them are usually quite expensive

tales of vesperia (anything tales of really)

bully s e

gray matter

resonance of fate

magna carta 2

usually its the rpg's that are harder to find

had both marvel ultimate alliances, had to trade them in when i was too broke to claim my skyrim preorder. not sad to see the first go but the sequel was a good game. got a good price on them cus the guy in the shop said they were rare.

still got my beautiful katamari game, never getting rid of that, think i've seen it only once or twice in shops.

i like dynasty warriors games, but some don't show up too often in shops. place near me has warriors orochi 3 new, yet i still haven't ever seen a copy of warriors orochi 2

I would like to know which isolated villages you guys live in the Lego games are quite common and Tales of Vesperia is everywhere on the internet for sale.

Tales of Vesp got a reprint last year. I know you can buy it for £25 online new.

I was just about to say that Tales got a reprint, and that is way it is so easy to find now. Luckly I have a fisrt run, but now it is very easy to try and fake a reprint as a first run. Broke my heart honestly when I saw this at first condisdering what I payed for my copy. I remember a lot of people trying to sell the reprints on ebay as if it was still rare, kinda funny really. But in the end I'd rather there be reprints that sell as new and make the developers money rather than people making money off of used and the developers not seeing a damn dime. Scalpers are getting bad and I just can't stand it.

Currently have Bully: SE, NFS: MW, and The Orange Box in my possession. Look like I'll be saving them for a while if they really are that rare.

I wouldn't necessarily call them rare, but they can be more difficult to find.

Mini Ninjas can be a difficult game to find, it is no longer in print, and tends to not be in brick and mortar stores. It can be found online, but even that can be difficult.

Another game that can be hard to find is Chibi Robo for the Gamecube, especially complete and in good condition.