Daily Challenge Diamond Help Thread

Plasmid Blues

The reach 300 meters in the neverending pit withing 8 seconds...REALLY?!!?! I wanna see the video of that one! This is getting ridiculous.

I haven't played in a while but those scores are always possible, best way is to get a good score and then gradually improve it using info taken from ghosts. There is normally minor time saves caused by slam attacking into corners that shoot you down for a boost.

So how does the ranking actually work? I played the weekly challenge yesterday, got my first diamond cup and was really happy coz its like scraping 5 gold cups off my list, I was rank 3/425 last i checked, but like will i get pushed off to gold at some point? like the more people play it will the requirement for diamond be harder?

So how does the ranking actually work? I played the weekly challenge yesterday, got my first diamond cup and was really happy coz its like scraping 5 gold cups off my list, I was rank 3/425 last i checked, but like will i get pushed off to gold at some point? like the more people play it will the requirement for diamond be harder?

You have to be in the top 1 percent, so yes you can easily be knocked out of the diamond zone if not many people play. It can get easier though as more people play but never by much.

My favorite thing is playing a challenge as soon as it begins and getting a Diamond early, then coming back several hours later to see i've been knocked down to a silver or, heaven forbid, a bronze. I can usually easily raise my score to that of a gold, but diamond's are tricky bastards. I've been able to get a couple diamonds but since then it's just been tricky as hell. (except for Livid Dead: Get them quickly! challenges, it's just a matter of perfecting the run. And patience.)

These challenges are ridiculous. Ive been doing them every day since release, i haven't missed one. Usually gold. But at this rate its going to take a year for getting that last rank. And it really doesn't help that the ubisoft server is unreachable half of the time.

The points rewarded between gold and diamond vs points needed are completely off its not even funny anymore. Did they do the math, at all?

Also, not that its a big deal, but you get like 2k luums from a full creature room when 1 mil is needed. But it just shows how completely off the math is in this game.

Edited by lolrogi

I know, it's a pain. I worked out if I get nothing but Gold, it'll take me just under 11 weeks from now. Silver and Gold, closer to 16.

On topic, for those who *can* get into the daily challenges, anyone got a good idea of how to deal with the massive updraft in the daily extreme 04/11? I love the tower levels, and I can do them pretty quickly, but having no bouncepad until really far up that section means floating all the way there, which takes an absolute age!

I know, it's a pain. I worked out if I get nothing but Gold, it'll take me just under 11 weeks from now. Silver and Gold, closer to 16.

On topic, for those who *can* get into the daily challenges, anyone got a good idea of how to deal with the massive updraft in the daily extreme 04/11? I love the tower levels, and I can do them pretty quickly, but having no bouncepad until really far up that section means floating all the way there, which takes an absolute age!

When you're running up the side vine, jump right near the top and he'll jump into the air, causing you to get up much quicker then landing on the pad and then jumping. I couldn't figure out how to get gold for like 10 mins and then I tried this method and got it first try. Also remember to twirl and jump when running up the walls, much faster than just twirling.

Ah ha! Thanks for that. I knew about the dash attack, but not jumping on the vine to avoid the platform.

Other tricks that are useful on that challenge - downward smash on the first set of jump pads to avoid the first platform.

Downward smash on the last jump pad to avoid the chain.

Dash attack jump right before the curve on the climbing sections to skip part of it.

So I tried this game out based on a recommendation in the gamerscore popcast and it's awesome. However, it seems like people have to be cheating these speed runs or something. I mean take today (Nov 10th)'s living dead speed run challenge. My BEST time so far is around 23 seconds. I could maybe shave some time off, but seeing the diamond scores being under 15 seconds seems a bit absurd.

Is there some trick to running extremely fast? I hold down RT and figured out that pressing X to do a spin attack as you're running whenever you can/have room shaves off some time, and skipping the floating lumins b/c floating slows you down, but I don't see how it's fucking possible to finish it 8 full seconds faster, and none of these latest challenges are on youtube.

So I tried this game out based on a recommendation in the gamerscore popcast and it's awesome. However, it seems like people have to be cheating these speed runs or something. I mean take today (Nov 10th)'s living dead speed run challenge. My BEST time so far is around 23 seconds. I could maybe shave some time off, but seeing the diamond scores being under 15 seconds seems a bit absurd.

Is there some trick to running extremely fast? I hold down RT and figured out that pressing X to do a spin attack as you're running whenever you can/have room shaves off some time, and skipping the floating lumins b/c floating slows you down, but I don't see how it's fucking possible to finish it 8 full seconds faster, and none of these latest challenges are on youtube.

All the times are legit, there are many posts by me on page 1 explaining how to get the most out of your Rayman. I'm done with the game so can't tell you anything specific for that challenge

Getting diamond is never easy.

I'm having issues with the new Weekly Extreme Challenge. About 800m into it, there's a section where you have to jump on two incredibly narrow platforms to continue the level. I either press jump too early and hover over the second platform or jump completely over it, it's very frustrating. Any tips would be appreciated!

Believe it or not my issues with getting gold in that challenge were way back at the bronze mark. For some reason there was a section where you hit a set of bones, drop down (and float) then hit another set and onto a bouncepad. It took me ages to get the timing down for some reason.

For the bit you're having issues with, tap jump as soon as you land on each of the platforms (you might need a few test runs to know the timing). All you need to do is tap jump at the right time - don't hold the button, and don't glide between the platforms. With the speed you get from the preceding bouncepads, you should hit each platform perfectly.As corny as it sounds, trust in the game mechanics for this one!

Oh, and be ready for a bouncepad onto a ledge at around 1000m - you need to jump as you hit the ledge and then immediately attack, otherwise you'll smack into a bonewall, killing your momentum and yourself!

Believe it or not my issues with getting gold in that challenge were way back at the bronze mark. For some reason there was a section where you hit a set of bones, drop down (and float) then hit another set and onto a bouncepad. It took me ages to get the timing down for some reason.

For the bit you're having issues with, tap jump as soon as you land on each of the platforms (you might need a few test runs to know the timing). All you need to do is tap jump at the right time - don't hold the button, and don't glide between the platforms. With the speed you get from the preceding bouncepads, you should hit each platform perfectly.As corny as it sounds, trust in the game mechanics for this one!

Oh, and be ready for a bouncepad onto a ledge at around 1000m - you need to jump as you hit the ledge and then immediately attack, otherwise you'll smack into a bonewall, killing your momentum and yourself!

Thanks for the reply! I actually figured it out a few hours ago, I seem to nail it consistently now. I believe this is the first challenge since they began where I actually hit a roadblock, thankfully I've set a gold record so I can move on now, diamond isn't worth the frustration :)

I can usually hit a Silver pretty consistently, but it'll often take me a half hour per night to hit Gold on both challenges. I had a lot of problems with the extreme Dojo one last night for some reason. And Murfy's dungeon...well, I just hate the levels with Murfy in, it's just another factor in things that can go wrong.

Likewise on Diamond Ryan! I can either spend hours a night trying for a Diamond without success, or consistently hit Golds quickly for 3 months. Think I'll pick the latter :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Argh! I've been trying really hard to get the diamond in today's Daily Extreme (Infinite Tower), but there's a trick I'm missing.

I can't seem to shave anything more off my time, but the people ahead of me are using a weird technique I can't seem to figure out - it's like getting the power of a downward smash onto a jump pad, but without the downward smash, and almost looks like a bellyflop. I first noticed it quite near the beginning (just after the first wall running section, you have a couple of vines to jump off. The very next jump pad, I've seen someone somehow going rocketing through it).

Same thing again on one of the pads before you break through the wooden wall - they managed to pull off something that allowed them to completely skip this bit.

And finally, right near the end of the jet stream, the same technique is used to get massive distance off the last jump pad, skipping them onto the next vine.

I have no idea how to do this, although I've been studying it for ages. Does anyone else know how to tackle it?

The really annoying part of all this is I somehow pulled off something similar on one of my earlier runs. I can now be almost half a second ahead of that run, but as soon as I get to the last section I described, my ghost overtakes me.

Edited by athruntalan

I tried my best, but I can never quit reach diamond. Doesn' t help that most of the time the exact same people seem to be clogging up the top 1 %. And I don' t have the patience to play the same level over and over again, just to shave some second off. I got other games to play.

I' m content with gold. Everyday 20 points. Just takes time.

• 3 months later...

Man I was hell bent on Diamond yesterday. I was in 11th place out of 1000 people with a time of 23.84. The 10th place guy had a tike of 23.79.

It took me like 30 or 45 minutes of replaying that same 25 seconds over and over before I finally got a time of 23.66 to move into 8th out of 1000. That was only 8 hours after the challenges reset so I hope my score held up for the other 16 hours lol. I guess Ill find out this morning when I get off work.