achievements not unlocking

maddog walker

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Mine has glitched too. I got 7 achievements, the last of which was the one for a doing a level in co-op. Since then, nothing. I should have got the one for avoiding the mine damage, upgrading the walker, and finishing the game. I've tried deleting the game and re-downloading, deleting my save, and clearing my cache.

I was having a very hard time getting any of my achievements to unlock and I tried everything. I deleted the game and reloaded, deleted the save file, deleted the achievement history (since I had non unlocked) and nothing worked. :mad: I even tried clearing my system cache and still no luck.

I finally figured it out and got 'em to unlock. I had purchased the game on a buddy's Xbox and then downloaded it on mine so we both could have it and play together. He was able to unlock the achievements with no issue, so I went to his place to see if mine would unlock on his system. And of course, they unlock with no issues. :Bounce:

I really hope this is not something the developer planned for, as a way to encourage more people to purchase the game by not allowing achievements to unlock on other counsels. :uzi::uzi: We have done this many other times with many other games and never had these problems.

That would really suck if it was true. I dont think it is though, I think it is some kind of glitch. I have 4 xboxes, but I put this particular game on my memory stick that I take back and forth between them. I've unlocked achievements on 2 different boxes for this game but they seem to have stopped altogether. I will be able to try again on the original box that my memory stick was plugged into when I bought it on sunday, I will try again and let you know how it goes.

I didnt get iron man, but kept playing and got all the achievements (except hard, not losing life on survival, and not getting hit, because i did not attempt). After beating the game, tried prolouge again, and got iron man. Maybe it has something to do with getting 6 on the chain when the carts shoot at you.....i didnt get 6 chain when i didnt get achievement, but when i did get 6 chain, iron man unlocked. Dont know if this is just coincidence or what...?

For me, it was definitely the co-op that screwed me up. I had given up on this game but I tried it again tonight via co-op again. I tried to sign in my wife's account, but the game wanted to start me from scratch. So I started my single player game instead, and tried to have her account drop in, and the game gave me a message telling me to sign out first, then drop in, which I did. We played together starting in section 4-2 and I was able to get the mine mine mine achievement, and then later the upgrade achievement and the achievement for finishing the game. Something about having the co-op person dropping in to the middle of my game caused me to not be able to get any achievements without a co-op person, it seems.

• 7 months later...
I was having a very hard time getting any of my achievements to unlock and I tried everything. I deleted the game and reloaded, deleted the save file, deleted the achievement history (since I had non unlocked) and nothing worked. :mad: I even tried clearing my system cache and still no luck.

I finally figured it out and got 'em to unlock. I had purchased the game on a buddy's Xbox and then downloaded it on mine so we both could have it and play together. He was able to unlock the achievements with no issue, so I went to his place to see if mine would unlock on his system. And of course, they unlock with no issues. :Bounce:

I really hope this is not something the developer planned for, as a way to encourage more people to purchase the game by not allowing achievements to unlock on other counsels. :uzi::uzi: We have done this many other times with many other games and never had these problems.

I can confirm this to be the case for me too. This game has never been and likely never will be updated, so maybe transferring licenses will work. In my case, I still have the console on which I purchased the game so I just use it to play this game.

• 3 months later...

I know this game is old, but I too had the achievements not unlocking issue. After trying everything I could think of (clear cache, delete & recover profile, delete & re-download game, delete gamesave, clear last dashboard update), the magic thing that did it for me was to CHANGE MY GAMER PICTURE. I cannot explain how or why, but after 1.5hrs with MS support, he suggested it. I played the 1st arena, didn't die and pop. I called my buddy, he signed on and we did the 2 remaining arenas and I got the co-op and clear all arena ach's. Absolutely bizarre to me, but it did work. Hope this helps someone else.:uzi:

• 1 year later...