• Mildly Scary.
    • It Was Scary At Times..
    • Gah! Scary!?! Not Scary At All...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I am of the faint-of-heart as well. I get engrossed into stories and enjoy plot-driven tension, but I'm not crazy about jump scares and do not like gross-out scares at all.

I'm only a couple of chapters into the game, but I am really enjoying _how_ it is scaring me. It is doing it just enough with the tension building and a story I want to know more about.

However, my girlfriend watched the first 10 minutes of the game and told me I wasn't allowed to play it while she was in the house. She said it was the music that made it too scary for her.

Shade42

I voted for it was scary at times.

I always shut the curtains when I play any game to prevent glare from the sun on my tv and I use a set of Earforce X4 surround sound headphones.

The headphones cut you off from the rest of the world on any game (on more than one occasion a friend/family member has walked in and scared the living daylights out of me!!) and the dark makes a great atmosphere so that most of the time the game wasn't too bad, but on several occasions I nearly jumped out of my seat!!

The worst parts I found were at the start of some levels where you had no weapons or very little ammo. I know this might sound weird, but I found it reassuring when Alan was all tooled up, anyone else feel like this or just me?

It depends on your experience with horror games and movies. How much of the "scare tactics" they use you've already experienced. I didn't find the game very scary, but I really enjoyed playing it regardless. Not that much out in the gaming world scares me much, anyways. Working on picking up the second DLC so I can play that. Got some surround sound headphones. Maybe that will make the experience more frightening. :p

• 3 months later...