Slow Loading times and lag on disc?

Bofur

I never played the Arcade version, only the disc version... My question to those who own the arcade version:

Is it normally very laggy and have very slow loading times? It's getting a little difficult to play some of these QTEs because the game is so choppy.

Just curious if it's the disc or if the arcade is the same.

Thanks

SPOILERS, SPOILERS!!!

I played the arcade version before and I didn't have any lag like I'm having with the disc version. I'm glitched on episode 2 where (SPOILERS), the hostage situation is towards the end of the episode where she will shoot you even though you stop moving.

I was able to fix it once by exiting to the dashboard and going back into the game but it glitched again when you're supposed to take more steps towards her. I don't get why it won't let us install to the hard drive.

I finished episode 3 and it wasn't nearly as laggy as episode 2. I only noticed a big slow down once but I did encounter a bug where dialogue would start, play for about a second or so, then stop and repeat from the beginning. Pausing the game and resuming it seemed to fix it.

According to Telltale apparently this is only an issue with the 4GB slim model. Is this true?

Either way, seems like Telltale is aware of the issues.

Nope. Still using a 120GB Elite.

Episode 3 was leagues better than episode 2 frame-rate wise. Even the downloadable version of Episode 2 is apparently pretty laggy. The only problem I had with Episode 3 was a conversation I had with someone where we both stuttered on the first word of the sentence. It was too perfect when we both said "P-Push it." I half expected the song to start playing.

Just sent a message to MoldyClay87 through Xbox to see if it was any better. I am VERY curious my self!! I got the game for Christmas, but with the deal coming tomorrow...... Do I take it back and get in store credit? Hrm! (which could buy me more points technically)

I haven't played Episode 4 or 5 yet, but I can confirm I had absolutely no problems with Episode 3 on the disc. No glitches, no lag (that I remember) and no freezing or anything.

Didn't experience the problem where it tells me I have to play Episode 1 again either that I saw people having and backing up their saves (though I still backed it up in case and will continue to for Ep.4 and 5 just to be on the safe side).

So I mean, I'm having no problems so far, but knock-on-wood, I suppose. Hope this helps people.

Just finished up Episode 1 (free download on LIVE). There was a ton of lag. Some parts were unplayable it was so bad.

***SPOILERS***

When defending the shop at the end, I kept failing because I couldn't see what was going on from the lag. It was right when you have to decide who to save. Every time, I'd have to watch the whole cutscene of the store being attacked.

***END SPOILERS***

I don't know why they don't have a skip cutscene feature. Ruins replayablity for me. Pretty sure Jurassic Park let you skip parts.

I am on Episode 5 (DLC style) currently, and have not had much for problems. A Little lag when changing to a quick cut scene or whatever, but not bad.

Also, make sure you ALWAYS (and I mean always) exit back the the xbox dashboard when playing ANY arcade games to turn off your xbox. This is the BEST way to save any game data. I heard this a few years back when some data got lost because I was turning off my xbox when in an arcade game. Just a helpful tip!

Edit: Finished the game. Barely ANY hiccups at all. I have the Xbox Elite with the 120 gb hd. Downloaded each episode since I was afraid of the retail version.

Edited by Kankui