Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Clueless

Not to complain or anything, but this guide was stickied the day it went on the forum. According to the rules, guides aren't supposed to be stickied until it's complete. Maybe this is an exception since DLM is on the guide team? Seems kind of elitist, don't you think?

The same thing happened with Shiftie's Medal of Honor: Warfighter guide. It was stickied the day after it was posted. And both games have two guides, and both second guides were written by Maka. I found Maka's guides a good compliment to the "stickied" guides and had information in them that was useful that wasn't in the stickied ones. What's up with that?

Staff member auto approved! ;) You're right, in all fairness if there are more than one guide then maybe neither or both should be stickied, not just one. Because neither have been completed nor submitted. I think that Maka has agreed to let Dead Like Me use his videos. I don't think he is still updating it (correct me if I am wrong). I did put his in the useful links thread. I am using his personally because of layout reasons (shorter straight to the point descriptions since I have played a lot of Halo and just need a quick reference).

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I danced around a knight in a cloak for quite some time before I #facepalmed when I realized the EASIEST way to get the Knight in White Assassination achievement: Plasma Pistol overcharge. When struck with a Plasma Pistol overcharge knights stop what they are doing and start screaming. When shot from melee range, this gives the player Ample opportunity to simply stroll around behind them and, well, "off with their head!"

Not to complain or anything, but this guide was stickied the day it went on the forum. According to the rules, guides aren't supposed to be stickied until it's complete. Maybe this is an exception since DLM is on the guide team? Seems kind of elitist, don't you think?

The same thing happened with Shiftie's Medal of Honor: Warfighter guide. It was stickied the day after it was posted. And both games have two guides, and both second guides were written by Maka. I found Maka's guides a good compliment to the "stickied" guides and had information in them that was useful that wasn't in the stickied ones. What's up with that?

Admin stuck this guide because it was the most complete at that time. I had a more filled in shell of a guide with a full Roadmap.

@Tyger: Maka is still working on it with the intention to finish it.

Just checked and his guide is nearly complete so I stuck his as well.

His videos are excellent quality - short, easy to follow with great commentary.

Admin stuck this guide because it was the most complete at that time. I had a more filled in shell of a guide with a full Roadmap.

@Tyger: Maka is still working on it with the intention to finish it.

Just checked and his guide is nearly complete so I stuck his as well.

His videos are excellent quality - short, easy to follow with great commentary.

Oh I checked the other night and a few things that seemed like part of the campaign were missing. Guess he started updating again. I am playing on legendary solo so I haven't really been following a lot except quick looks at what level related achievements there were.

DLM i'm in the same progression as you are but i'm stuck on the hunter bit though :p it seems annoying and silly but i dont use jet packs on that mission it's useless to be honest.

I just start to keep prescion weapons to shoot the head and mostly i use the 3 silver skulls which helps ALOT so the knight is an difficult assasination unless you distract it with a auto sentry as i do use it alot :) and hardlight shield seems useful on forerunners than convenant.

So i'm almost done mission 6 anyway on my own and i haven't finished the campaign so dont spoil the stuff on me :p

I need some major help with the Mortardom achievement. I am playing on Heroic and have tried literally everything.

When I get into the gunner seat, the enemy hops out...however it explodes EVERY single time when they leave the wraith.

When I punch the vehicle until the enemy is visible, I have tried beating him down and shooting him...every time he dies, so does the vehicle.

I have watched the video 10 times over and I don't understand...I am replicating this perfectly, yet the wraith always dies.

I need some major help with the Mortardom achievement. I am playing on Heroic and have tried literally everything.

When I get into the gunner seat, the enemy hops out...however it explodes EVERY single time when they leave the wraith.

When I punch the vehicle until the enemy is visible, I have tried beating him down and shooting him...every time he dies, so does the vehicle.

I have watched the video 10 times over and I don't understand...I am replicating this perfectly, yet the wraith always dies.

Try using this video's method. I hope it helps. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJZmS-AAmdQ]Halo 4: Mortardom - Achievement Guide - YouTube[/ame]

I think Mortardom is glitched...

I hijacked the very first wraith which drops down when you destroy the first particle cannon.

Then destroyed the one at the shields, then the next three which drop down during the next area after the shields. That's four.

Wtf? Anyone else have this problem? I did die between the third and fourth but it shouldn't matter should it? Since it reloaded the checkpoint.

I think Mortardom is glitched...

I hijacked the very first wraith which drops down when you destroy the first particle cannon.

Then destroyed the one at the shields, then the next three which drop down during the next area after the shields. That's four.

Wtf? Anyone else have this problem? I did die between the third and fourth but it shouldn't matter should it? Since it reloaded the checkpoint.

That's exactly what I did, including the dying between the 3rd and 4th Wraiths, and it unlocked for me.

'No One Left Behind' is now obtainable. Play the mission Hacksaw under Spartan Ops and keep at least one of your AI team alive. Much easier with a full team.

Yeah I tried to solo it so far and didn't manage to get it. Pretty sure it's possible but I think a bit of luck is involved considering your marines are total idiots.

Starting/Hosting a Co-op game while in the middle of a Solo playthrough will overwrite your Solo playthrough if you have not completed the current level.

If you wish to play Co-op with another without overwriting your Solo playthrough you must finish the started mission and Save and Quit. Only then will it be deemed safe to join their game.

Both solo and co-op playthroughs have their own save data. As long as you reach a checkpoint in solo, making sure to save and quit after, it'll stamp that progress. Start a lobby with a friend, and you'll see 'Start Co-op Campaign'. Modify the options to your liking, start the game then back out. Return to the Campaign menu with no other players, and everything should be as it was on your solo playthrough.

I had done this more than a couple of times with checkpoints on my solo Legendary playthrough, and didn't lose progress.

Just got the No One Left Behind achievement.

Kinda tricky-took a few tries to get it because the marines are dumber than a sack of shit.

How I got it was three-player co-op. My buddy ran with the energy sword and took out as many elites as possible, we grouped up on the hunters and the wraith, and I ran up top asap to take out the phantoms at the end.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=2479&pictureid=14771 This is my Rifle, This is my Gun 20 :gsicon:

Carried a UNSC weapon all the way through mission 3 on Heroic or harder.

Campaign Mission 3 'Forerunner' specific. Must be obtained on Heroic+.

Use 'Mission Select' after initial Campaign playthrough if missed.

You start out with 2 UNSC weapons

• Assalt Rifle
  • Magnum Pistol (recomended)

Pick one of the two to carry with you as your secondary weapon until the Mission ends. It is ok if you run out of Ammo on the UNSC weapon. - It is NOT ok if you drop it - 'Revert to last Save' if you accidentally drop it.

Note: If playing on Heroic Cooperatively, you mustn't die. You will not be respawned with a UNSC weapon. Your best bet is to play this one Solo or Safe if Co-op.

"Assalt" is spelled wrong. So is "recomended".