• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, this really needs to be closed. This was one of my first posts on this site. Thank you everyone, I have beaten every single Call of Duty on veteran. Between Call of Duty 4 and Call of Duty: WaW, I think Call of Duty 4 is harder, that's just my opinion. The whole game is longer, and some parts got REALLY frustrating, like Mile High Club, and No Fighting in the War Room.

Cod: WaW Was harder to beat on Veteran. But the online is horrible, awful weapon balance and spawn mechanics. In addition, generally, people of lesser skill play the game.

CoD 4 offers a reasonably balanced Spawn system and Weapon balance, plus, a lot of the better players play it in my opinion making it harder.

WaW is harder, being that the AI is absolutely horrible and Treyarch does not understand that people cannot throw more grenades than they have, causing for you to be constantly spammed by them.

The AI is pretty much the same as Modern Warfare. You might want to look more into the kinds of behaviour soldiers would exhibit on World War 2 battlefields. Grenades were used a lot. It's not Treyarch's fault that you simply can't handle it.

I thought both were quick and easy. When you kill an enemy in cod4 or 5 they're dead and not coming back. In cod3 they just respawn forever until you can find a way to move forward. I had several battles in cod3 that lasted 3-8hours. I just got finished with cod5 and I don't think there was one battle I had to do over more than twice and that took me longer than 30 mins. So in my opinion you're comparing two games that are very similar in difficulty. If you want a challenge or if you just wanna yell at your monitor, play cod3.

I've played COD4 on the pc with a difficulty that is before veteran and I had only one troublesome place - the place where you have to defend the sniper dude. But camping on the right side of the ferry made it quite easy aswell. WAW on the other hand - man, it's a total fuck up. It's just ridiculous. I decided to not try to finish last 2 missions, because taking out the last 2 flak88s is ridiculous - you can't get even near them, because enemies keep spawning and you end up killing tons of enemies ... I might actually even get COD4 to just get a feeling what to expect from MW2 veteran.

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose I'm the only one that thinks this, but WaW seems easier to me.

Grenades are seriously not that bad. I find that the levels actually take less time for me than on CoD4. Granted, I haven't done any of the harder levels on Veteran like Blowtorch & Corkscrew, Burn 'Em Out, and Heart of the Reich, but I tried Charlie Don't Surf and it was near impossible for me. I don't know why, but Veteran on WaW is just ridiculously easy. :p

I suppose I'm the only one that thinks this, but WaW seems easier to me.

Grenades are seriously not that bad. I find that the levels actually take less time for me than on CoD4. Granted, I haven't done any of the harder levels on Veteran like Blowtorch & Corkscrew, Burn 'Em Out, and Heart of the Reich, but I tried Charlie Don't Surf and it was near impossible for me. I don't know why, but Veteran on WaW is just ridiculously easy. :p

Are you serious? Charlie was pretty easy but the once that you haven't finished on Veteran on WaW are ridiculous.

Call of Duty 4 is much easier. Dont let every on scare you about 1 Shot, 1 Kill or Mile High Club, their not that hard.

ITS NOT COD 5! THERE IS NO COD 5! GOD! and waw is harder. love modernware<3

I know this is anoys me more than anything. Anyway Call of Duty World at War is like the 7th Call of Duty game.

1. Call of Duty Finest Hour

2. Call of Duty 2

3. Call of Duty 2 Big Red One

4. Call of Duty 3

5. Call of Duty 3 Roads to Victory

6. Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare

7. Call of Duty World at War

Please tell me if am missing any.

Edited by Tufty