Achievement Guide

The Pants Party

I don't think there was a soul shard on the 5th floor

That's correct. From the 4th floor you have to teleport back to the 3rd floor, then back to another section in 4 before heading to 5.

There is a soul shard on 3rd floor, but you have to go to 4 first and double back for it. There isn't a shard on 5. There is a separate thread with a map for Mysterious Union, and it's incredibly helpful.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously must be missing something in translation. I'm trying to get the Soul Released achievement and I can never seem to get it to work. I beat Rondo and got the Heart Pendant and when I take it to Fort Fermata and go to the locked room all I see is a guy lying there with a pot next to him. When I talk to him all he does is groan over and over again, no matter what I do. Is this the wrong guy or is there some other prerequisite to getting this to work? Any help?

Edit: Nevermind, by freak accident I figured it out. But just in case anybody else is having trouble I'll leave the steps. Once in chapter 6 either revist Tenuto or Ritardando and go through the cave. Towards the center of the cave is a single man that will talk about Chord and tell you to talk to someone in Baroque who was involved in the project. Return to Baroque and go down the stairs from the castle and to the right to a lone old woman. After you talk to her THEN you can go to Fort Fermata and the event will take place. And now you know... probably already did actually.

I'm trying to get the Elite EZI piece from Solitary String in Tenuto. It's Chapter 6, and I have warped back, but the cat won't wake up. Do I need to get further along in the chapter before he'll cough it up? BTW, I'm in my 2nd run through.

Edit: I'm in Ch 7 and this is the only EZI piece I need to get the last achievement. Any help on waking the cat up would be much appreciated.

I've heard somewhere that New Game+ doesn't increase enemy stats, it's actually party levels 5&6 that do that. So by the time you're starting your second playthrough, at least level 5 will be unlocked and you will automatically start with that so as you're fighting the monsters in the early chapters with low levels it will seem alot harder because last time you fought them you had lower party levels. So if you set your party level back to 1 when starting New Game+ and increase it gradually as the game progresses, the difficulty should remain the same.

Like I said, I've only heard that but haven't tested it myself to see if it's true or not. I'm just starting my second play and putting the party level down to where it would have been on playthrough #1 I can't say I'm noticing any difference in how quickly I kill enemies or how much damage they do.

Suffice to say I'm hoping this is the case as I saved my Clear file over my playthrough #1 save before I knew about the optional dungeon (yeah, I know it was dumb) and I'm hoping I don't have to spend the extra time leveling up to max level to finish those achievements on playthrough #2.

=/

I'm trying to get the Elite EZI piece from Solitary String in Tenuto. It's Chapter 6, and I have warped back, but the cat won't wake up. Do I need to get further along in the chapter before he'll cough it up? BTW, I'm in my 2nd run through.

Edit: I'm in Ch 7 and this is the only EZI piece I need to get the last achievement. Any help on waking the cat up would be much appreciated.

I just wanted to quote myself.....

I had the wrong cat all along (as anyone with the achievement would probably have told me). You have to go left at Polka's door and follow that dirt path to the cat. I mistakenly kept trying to talk to the cat on the right of the house. Someone may find this info useful.

I just finished getting 1000/1000 and I have some notes to add to this guide.

On your second playthrough.

When you get to BAROQUE CITY in chapter 4 you MUST talk with the granny at the inn and view the event or you will not be able to get score piece 31 in chapter 7 and you will be forced to play a 3rd game =(

To start the fight to get score piece 20 and pirate map #3 you must first examine the 6 pillers in Mandolin Church Grotto - South Section or the guy in the wine celler will not start the fight.

I just wanted to quote myself.....

I had the wrong cat all along (as anyone with the achievement would probably have told me). You have to go left at Polka's door and follow that dirt path to the cat. I mistakenly kept trying to talk to the cat on the right of the house. Someone may find this info useful.

Sorry I would have told you what cat to go to, but I am currently playing Halo 3 so I have been away from here for over a week.

I need help with Score Piece 20. When I go into the Wine Cellar the employee gives me no selectable options. Reading on multiple forums it says you need to beat Dolce twice before she comes a 3rd time (which is I guess here). I have defeated her twice and still there is no option. What else am I missing so I make sure to do it on my 2nd Playthrough?

I believe the section is "Catacombs - South" then the path forks, the left of which has two big swordfish dudes blocking the entire path. In this area are six pillars you need to examine. Once you do that, you can start the fight by selecting the third option from the guy in the cellar.

• 3 weeks later...