Health Vial Locations for "Like the Back of My Hand"

Jonesy999

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just finished getting all the armor pads and health vials/kegs today and still no achievement, found all the armor pads and health vials/kegs that the guides didnt list kinda fast

i think a month back i did all the power ups listed on page 34 of the instructions

now that im pretty sure i have all the page 34 power ups, all the different armor pads, and health vials/kegs that are known, im assuming that theres that 1 hidden invisibility that the email says that i gotta find

Hey Mr. Bubbles,

Over on the Epic Forums after all this nightmare about this particular achievement, it was stated clearly from the Epic Game Dev. that you cannot just collect certain things over time.

What happens is that during one match (any match at all but has to be 'saved' as completed to the end), all powerups, etc. have to be collected "all at one time" in ONE match. If that is successful, then the map is considered "done' and that's that. It is written into the/your records.

So, e.g., if you've done the map "Corruption" and gotten everything, that is written as completed/done. But it must be done in one total match. Moreover, it was confirmed that in Warfare, where there are 2 rounds, etc., it doesn't matter, as that will count as that particular map 'done'.

It was also confirmed that these can be done in any game mode, EXCEPT Campaign.

I'm so tired right now, I don't want to go searching for the URL, but believe me, the above info is the shit... I've got over 50 pages printed out on this achieve, and am currently working on it. I've been reading every single thing I can on it for the last week. LOL

I simply started at the 1st Arsenal map, with 5 f-ing lists, and tons of random notes, coffee and cigarettes, post-it notes, pens and two extra tables to hold it all, and set up a hosted sys-link match with my kids machine so I could just wonder around without split screen, and I'm going through until I puke on each map.

The biggest complaint when this info by Epic was released was that there should've been a popup (like "Map Completed", or a listing in the achievement itself like some games have) that actually says we've done these maps correctly and completely. THATS MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT!!! As well as many other peoples. Something like, e.g, "Blue Streak" or "Hit and Run" flashing across the screen would've been nice.

:uzi:EPIC GAMES AND MIDWAY!!

• 4 weeks later...
Reflection - 0 Vials

Big Keg O Health ( the center of the map, below the helmet)

Helmet (center of the map on the bridge in the middle)

just to be on the safe side, did the popup appeared on anyones screen?? that's the first level it didn't popup... !?!

Edited by aufiboi

Downtown - 35 Vials

[4 - Heading To Body Armor In An Ally way]

Armor Vest[3]

can't find a third alley with vials & a vest. found one at each prime nodes but missed the third one :confused: can anyone tell me where it's hidden? thx :)

EDIT: finally found it, 3 mins left !! the 3rd vest is on a rooftop in middle of the map.

Edited by aufiboi

Not trying to proof you wrong or anything but how do you no your the 2nd in the World to finish unreal. Where does it say your 2nd? On my gamercard.net it just says everyone whos finished 100% is it 1st. Just wondering so i can see what place i will be to finish.

Use the greasemonkey add on for firefox web browser to check TIME and date of achievements. There are only 3 legit 1000 in UT3 the other 7 hacked the achievements. I was first to 1k, Deadlight 7 was second, and THA CUBANO was third.

Hey can anyone help im stuck on Suspense not sure if it me or the description is wrong.

Firstly its says;

[6- First Level On Each Side] There is only 5 on each side

and

[5- Inside The Goliath Building, Each Base] There is none atall in this building ive looked everywhere cant find them.

also

Suspense - 52 Vials

[4- By Each Base Between Containers]

[3- Beside Each Flag]

[5- Inside The Goliath Building, Each Base]

[4- Middle Of The Road, Each Base]

[4- Underneath Each Tower, Theirs 4 Towers]

[6- First Level On Each Side]

Big Keg O Health [2]

Jump Boots [2]

Body Armor [2]

Thigh Pads [2]

U Damage [2]

Berserk

Edit - Ive got them all now but this mistake are still there.

Edited by the_b1ues

is it possible that you get just one message on the first map for the powerups if you have collected exactly the same stuff? i mean for example on downtown i got the msg when i collected all the stuff. then on downtown necris i also got a msg. but on downtown 2fronts i did not get a msg. the same for avalanche and avalanche2fronts. anyone else recognized that or just me?^^

is it possible that you get just one message on the first map for the powerups if you have collected exactly the same stuff? i mean for example on downtown i got the msg when i collected all the stuff. then on downtown necris i also got a msg. but on downtown 2fronts i did not get a msg. the same for avalanche and avalanche2fronts. anyone else recognized that or just me?^^

You dont have to do those maps for the achievement. I got like the back of my hand first and I have never picked anything up for those levels. The way I did it was that I would play on every map that had a different "picture". Then do the Necris maps e.g. Torlan Necris. Because when you play Downtown for example, on loading screen it says "Downtown" and when you load Downtown 2fronts, it has the same "Downtown" mapname on the loading screen. So they are the same maps. Hope I was clear enough.

Edited by Danmaestro

You dont have to do those maps for the achievement. I got like the back of my hand first and I have never picked anything up for those levels. The way I did it was that I would play on every map that had a different "picture". Then do the Necris maps e.g. Torlan Necris. Because when you play Downtown for example, on loading screen it says "Downtown" and when you load Downtown 2fronts, it has the same "Downtown" mapname on the loading screen. So they are the same maps. Hope I was clear enough.

thx for your help mate, just finished Torlan Necris and achievement unlocked! :)

• 2 weeks later...
so how many have 1000 gs on this game? anyone wanna help me out and go through the levels gettin the like the back of my hand achievement?

Just went through the list between yesterday/today and got the achievement. The only thing that's missing is 2 Helmets on Rails. You mention that the health vials are near the Helmets in each base, but don't mention to pick them up. Nothing drastic, just letting you know.

The other only problem with the list is some of the descriptions are vague, and there are some gaps between the two lists. I.e. sometimes an armor vest or a Big Keg o Health will be in a hard to find spot, but doesn't have a description in either list. Either way, it was a huge help and I appreciate all the work, just throwing in some constructive criticism.

HI Guys

firstly thanks for the great effot on this thread, i have gone through every map and got "all power up found" but still no achievement?

just so you know that when the game update some of the maps already had the "power up found" on the screen when you press "start" ingame. so im wondering if i should go back and actually pick all of all the items up again? will the message pop up again? or not?....

secodnly i also did not finish the map when found all items i just quit it, but when i go back into the map its all saying its saved and powers up are found,,

what do you think i should do? anyoen encoutered this problem? im thinking of going to do the maps tonight which akready had the power up message after updating the game, think there is only about 7 maps so wont take too long..

just thought id ask before i get frustrated ;)

thanks

• 2 months later...

Mmmm maybe its just me but Ive replayed GATEWAY on DM a shitload of times and no "ALL POWER UPS FOUND" message pop up, I deleted the update and re downloaded it and Ive followed all available guides and nothing can someone please check the map and confirm, or msg my

GT DVKNIGHT