Black Ops 2: First DLC (Revolution)

RecklessMatten

Saw this just now posted by a guy that somehow has the map pack early. Take it with a grain of salt because it could very easily be fake "Yes the map pack is called Revolution, I don't care much for multiplayer so I haven't tried the maps but I can tell you the Peacekeeper is in MP for sure but I haven't seen it in Zombies"

link to the forums post and all the q&a inside it- http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200584208?start=20&tstart=0

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breslau, Germany? I really think we are going to see a Der Riese easter egg in this map.

Apparently there is an achievement called 'Where it all Started' and the description says 'Find The Giant'. Der Riese means 'The Giant'. :)

Before you ask I can't post any links because treyarch deleted all the info that was posted.

It would be cool if they added the lamp into green run. I would really like the new style of zombies if it weren't for lava, denizens, and fog.

A 3gb patch.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/006/216/7nTnr.png

battlefield 3 takes up 26GB on my hard drive, with 1 more dlc to come

and yes fog lava and denizens completely ruin zombies for me, ive found myself playing nuketown a lot more now, as i can enjoy a good game of zombies without not being able to see and getting hit into lava by zombies and dying. theres still invisible barriers which get you killed though, :/

Not really concerned about the SMG being in MP or just zoms. Now if it nullifies my diamond camo because it is an addition, I might be slightly annoyed.

Hopefully these maps will be better than some of the garbage maps in the game already and yes I am talking to you: Turbine, Hijacked, Aftermath, Overflow, and Carrier

IW said they were looking at weapon dlc but it would be hard to do, and also battlefield has dlc weapons. they will just include it in an update but disable it, and when you buy the dlc you get the key to unlock it
Treyarch has also said the same thing in the past, for World at War I believe. In the end its not really up to them, its up to Activision.

Adding extra weapons isn't hard to do. Take Borderlands for example. Hundreds of new guns added in each DLC. All you need is the compatibility pack to be in other people's games. I have no clue why they said it was difficult.

I remember reading some general garbage about memory or processing or something like that, because of the way the engine works. Something like In every multiplayer match, the engine has to load and render all the textures, animations, and sounds for every gun in the game.

Whatever the Reason, its complete BS.

A 3gb patch.

Battlefields compatability updates are 3 jiggabites because Your average Battlefield map is bigger than all modern warfare(1 & 2 & 3) and Black Ops(1 & 2) Maps combined.

I tell you what, if Mirage is Castle, then, my god, will this be the best game ever.
Agreed. Although I doubt its a remake, Even one map from World at War would be Amazing. World at War had the best maps hands down in my opinion.

i so badly wish that Call of Duty would implement a feature (especially treyarch installments) where you can turn OFF the Multiplayer DLC Maps. I always had to delete the DLC maps on Black Ops while playing online and Re-download them when i played zombies.

i didnt "have" to delete the maps, but i chose to because it is very rare that a DLC COD map is good. i find the DLC maps to be very "low budget" and "nonsensical"

i so badly wish that Call of Duty would implement a feature (especially treyarch installments) where you can turn OFF the Multiplayer DLC Maps. I always had to delete the DLC maps on Black Ops while playing online and Re-download them when i played zombies.

i didnt "have" to delete the maps, but i chose to because it is very rare that a DLC COD map is good. i find the DLC maps to be very "low budget" and "nonsensical"

In MW3 they did, u just & to press select at the menu & no more god awful dlc maps.

New details!

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/black-ops-2-revolution-dlc-appears-on-official-site-maps-detailed/

Images confirming the rumored Revolution DLC for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 appeared on the game’s official mobile site over the weekend, according to reports.

The DLC appeared on the game’s official mobile site briefly before being taken down, according to MP1st. A banner also appeared on the site showing a couple of soldiers and a zombie with the DLC’s title on it. A user on the Call of Duty official forums also claims to have discovered three Achievements/Trophies tied to the new Zombies map, Die Rise:

I Can See Clearly Now – In Die Rise, clear all the fog.

Don’t Rock the Boat – In Die Rise, complete an entire cycle in the wagon without it being damaged.

Anonymous! – In Die Rise, kill a zombie using only the Black Hat.

Revolution will include four new multiplayer maps, one new Zombies map, and a new SMG. Amazon recently updated its Black Ops 2 page with details on the five maps and the new weapon included in the DLC:

Hydro–This large map allows you to use the dam and water to your advantage to block paths and stop enemies.

Downhill–A medium-sized map based in the French Alps complete with snow, chair lifts, and a strategically placed lodge.

Grind–Set within the locale of the Venice, California boardwalk, this small skate park map is sure to deliver fast and frenetic Call of Duty action.

Mirage–This Gobi Desert multiplayer map utilizes sand dunes to provide different levels of elevation and a sanctuary in the center as a natural chokepoint.

Zombies – Die Rise–The Zombie apocalypse has invaded China, turning down town into a dilapidated and dangerous MC Escher painting.

Peacekeeper SMG–This impressive sub-machine gun fills the open weapon slot in your load-out with power and accuracy.

Fog returning - FUCK YOU

yes there is an achievement for removing fog, but im still annoyed the fog will be there at all. and if there is ONE lava pit i will not enjoy playing this map anymore than green run.

What intrigues me the most about this map pack is that it adds a new weapon to the mix (the Peacekeeper SMG), something that Activision or Infinity Ward/Treyarch have never done before in their map packs. Next to Chaos mode in MW3's Collection 3, a new weapon is a wonderful addition aside from new maps :)

Hopefully the SMG is good enough for me to use and the maps are actually worthy of a purchase.

New details!

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/black-ops-2-revolution-dlc-appears-on-official-site-maps-detailed/

Fog returning - FUCK YOU

yes there is an achievement for removing fog, but im still annoyed the fog will be there at all. and if there is ONE lava pit i will not enjoy playing this map anymore than green run.

My guess is removing the fog is part of the easteregg.... so not something you'd want to do every game.

Also.... I wonder if the smg will be diamond

Not really concerned about the SMG being in MP or just zoms. Now if it nullifies my diamond camo because it is an addition, I might be slightly annoyed.

Hopefully these maps will be better than some of the garbage maps in the game already and yes I am talking to you: Turbine, Hijacked, Aftermath, Overflow, and Carrier

one youtube commentator thinks it'll be added to a dlc weapons category, similar to maps. so you will only have to gold camo one weapon to get it diamond. what happens when/if a second dlc weapon is added is anyones guess