Looking for purchase advice

Ryot Control

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dean+-+Vendetta+XM+Shredder+6-String+Full-Size+Electric+Guitar+Pack+-+Black/1098268.p?id=1218220373957&skuId=1098268

Looking at this since its on sale. Never played a guitar before. I'm more interested in bass than guitar and I have no idea what to shop for. Would this do for a starter?

if you're interested in bass, then go buy a bass. you don't want to spend/invest money on an instrument you're only half interested in.

as for opinion on the actual guitar you posted, dean is a good brand. not familiar with that model, though, but if you see yourself investing time and resources into learning how to play it, it's a good start. better yet, bring someone who knows more about guitars when checking that out so s/he can give you a better opinion of it. try it out yourself as well just to know how it feels in your hands.

Hm, never heard of the brand, it more depends what your into, humbucker pickups are more used for hevier rock/metal, depends what are you willing to spend?

Is on sale today

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar-Value-Pack-108089087-i1932693.gc

if you're interested in bass, then go buy a bass. you don't want to spend/invest money on an instrument you're only half interested in.

as for opinion on the actual guitar you posted, dean is a good brand. not familiar with that model, though, but if you see yourself investing time and resources into learning how to play it, it's a good start. better yet, bring someone who knows more about guitars when checking that out so s/he can give you a better opinion of it. try it out yourself as well just to know how it feels in your hands.

Thanks for your input guys.