Gold Medal Requirements Checklist

BiggD

Getting gold in 70 missions is a combination of the 69 story missions and the 58 Strangers and Freaks missions. You have 127 missions to choose from to get gold in 70 of them. Play them all then replay the ones you think would be easiest to get a gold medal in.

It's very good to know that I can forgo 57 missions on Gold. Some of them are long, irritating missions I won't feel like retrying to get Gold on, while others (like some of the Rampages) are tough. I think the second or third Rampage had me scratching my head at how I got as many kills as possible while managing not to die, and I still needed 15 more for Gold.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just unlocked the achievement! Can confirm that they don't all need to be done in one run.

FYI, I unlocked it on my 71st Gold (48 Story/23 Strangers).

Best of luck!

That's the real confirmation I wanted to hear. Thanks a lot. At least we can leave out the hardcore missions and especially the once that take 20+ minutes. 47 more golds to go oh damn!

I, of course, appreciate the work of the person who started this tread, BUT - wasn't it a bit worthless, when the majority of players who care about how they do on the missions use the Social Club, where the requirements for gold are written down? One you complete a mission, you unlock it on Social Club. Then you click on the miniature of the mission, and BOOM there comes the requirements, a minimap, a plan how to do it etc. For completionists the Social Club is BEST, I'm working towards 100% (have about 80% by now, after 2,5 day) and it shows exactly what you got to do :)

I, of course, appreciate the work of the person who started this tread, BUT - wasn't it a bit worthless, when the majority of players who care about how they do on the missions use the Social Club, where the requirements for gold are written down? One you complete a mission, you unlock it on Social Club. Then you click on the miniature of the mission, and BOOM there comes the requirements, a minimap, a plan how to do it etc. For completionists the Social Club is BEST, I'm working towards 100% (have about 80% by now, after 2,5 day) and it shows exactly what you got to do :)

I use this to at least attempt gold the first time I go through a missions. The more I get gold the first time, the fewer I have to replay.

That would be me, and I don't think it's worthless. Not everyone who plays GTA V bothers with Rockstar's Social Club, and since they might have the Achievement Guide open on their computer while playing, they'd already be on this forum so they can open this thread as well. Plus, this can be viewed BEFORE the missions so you know what to do without having to replay them.

YES. i thought gold medals had to be obtained at once, not separatly! :woop

its still not likely ill get 100% on this game, but this makes me happier

If you can do these gold medals which are pretty easy then you're basically golden for 100%! It's seems a lot less tedious to 100% this game than it was on IV.

So I have a question on replaying missions. When you replay one from the menu, does it revert you back to the skill levels/weapons you had when you originally did that mission? Or do you have whatever your latest skill levels/weapons are?

If the latter, that would make it much easier to go back to earlier missions and get gold compared to when you start and your skills/weapons aren't that great.

So I have a question on replaying missions. When you replay one from the menu, does it revert you back to the skill levels/weapons you had when you originally did that mission? Or do you have whatever your latest skill levels/weapons are?

If the latter, that would make it much easier to go back to earlier missions and get gold compared to when you start and your skills/weapons aren't that great.

I think you'll keep current stats/skills. Not 100% sure though.

when you replay a mission your latest skill levels/weapons remain the same as what you currently have making them a shit ton easier.

Awesome, this is exactly what I was hoping. Should make things a lot easier to go back and mop up some of those requirements. Thanks to both of you guys for the info.

I'll take you and B A R 4 D's word that it's not too bad. I'm having trouble with getting Gold Medals, but hopefully when I go to redo them post-game, it's easy. I know you can complete the requirements separately, but the time ones are always rough.

Times are virtually impossible to beat first time if you are playing the game properly because cut scenes count towards the mission time.

Might be a good idea to put in the OP that dying and restarting only voids time based requirements. I kept quitting out and restarting the 'Phillips Industries' mission because I kept crashing the plane trying for the bridges eventually I just gave up on the gold and kept retrying from checkpoint until I got all seven. Finished the mission and I had fulfilled every requirement but the mission time.

Times are virtually impossible to beat first time if you are playing the game properly because cut scenes count towards the mission time.

Might be a good idea to put in the OP that dying and restarting only voids time based requirements. I kept quitting out and restarting the 'Phillips Industries' mission because I kept crashing the plane trying for the bridges eventually I just gave up on the gold and kept retrying from checkpoint until I got all seven. Finished the mission and I had fulfilled every requirement but the mission time.

Good idea, I'll add that in!

Mission: Grass Roots - The Pickup (Triggered by Franklin)

Mission Time - Complete within 2:45

Unwanted Outcome - Complete without getting a wanted level

How the fuck is this even possible? I got a wanted level the moment I got in the truck.

Haven't tried it myself yet but I dunno :( That's what the Strategy Guide says!