IMPORTANT Information For The 1000 People Online Event

Minty

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The x360a lobbies will be open for approx 1 hour before the event starts.

I guess I'll have to get home rather quick then :p

The rest of the online take about 20 minutes to boost. Its 2 online games if memory serves me.

I must have messed up while boosting it then. 5 min per quarter was the minimum that I could set it at, that makes it 20 min per game provided everything goes perfectly smoothly, which it never does. As it went for me it should have taken about 50 min (took about 2 because I ended up boosting with 2 people:p).

(I'm not trying to contradict an admin, just stating how it went for N00B to sports games, please don't hurt me :o)

I'm sure a similar question has already been asked, but is there a buffer zone as far as time goes? Ie, if Player 565 attempts to come online at 12:59, but spends three minutes downloading an update or has to reboot or something to that effect.

I read about the coming on as early as one hour prior, but what about after the achievement unlocks? Is there an agreed-upon time as to how long we should stay? Is it a landrush once the 1000th person signs in? Has this been brought up at all?

Also, I'm gonna look for a copy of this while I'm out doing errands today; if I can find a second copy, my roommate is in, since we have two XBL's in our apartment.

I'm sure a similar question has already been asked, but is there a buffer zone as far as time goes? Ie, if Player 565 attempts to come online at 12:59, but spends three minutes downloading an update or has to reboot or something to that effect.

I read about the coming on as early as one hour prior, but what about after the achievement unlocks? Is there an agreed-upon time as to how long we should stay? Is it a landrush once the 1000th person signs in? Has this been brought up at all?

Also, I'm gonna look for a copy of this while I'm out doing errands today; if I can find a second copy, my roommate is in, since we have two XBL's in our apartment.

Reread Minty's original post :p:

Now, we also want to have this event running for an hour to give as many people the chance to get it as possible. So once the room leaders have taken down names at the start, they will also be checking these off at the end of the hour. Anyone that stays will be entered into a prize draw. These obviously only apply to x360a members signed up before the event. And because we’re nice, anyone with both NBA Live Awards will be entered into a separate prize draw as a thank you for supporting the community.

and just a little further down his post:

AND REMEMBER - PLEASE LOG ON FOR THE HOUR so we give as many people as possible this achievement :)

This is mainly aimed at Minty or the staff, I wont be able to log into the x360a rooms as i have to be in work by 12 on the day at wont be back until 8. This obviously means i cannot enter the x360a rooms as i will not be here, so i was just wondering if i would still be able to get credit towards that award, not that it matters too much but it would be nice to get my first award especially one thats was for helping out the community.

Hey just picked up 2 copies off the game today, problem is that I will be at work when this happens. I am going to leave my console running with this game going. I am wanting to know where in the lobby is the best place for me to leave the game running as the x360a lobby will not be there when I set it up. I will be setting it up 9 hours before the event so If I just enter any lobby and leave it there will that work. Thanks if you can answer this for me.

Just to clear up- you dont have to be in an x360a lobby to get your award. The award will be given to those people in the x360a lobbies first, but once that has been done we will open a request thread, where you will be able to put your name and GT. Once you have done that, we can then check your unlock date for the achievement, and as long as you are signed up to the site before 31st Jan 2010, and unlock it on 31st Jan 2010, you will get the award. This will take longer than being in an x360a loy, but you will still get the award :)

If you got the award previously, and are just helping out the community (much appreciated :)), then you will NEED to go into an x360a lobby, as we obviously can't check your unlock time on the achievement ;)

Just to clear up- you dont have to be in an x360a lobby to get your award. The award will be given to those people in the x360a lobbies first, but once that has been done we will open a request thread, where you will be able to put your name and GT. Once you have done that, we can then check your unlock date for the achievement, and as long as you are signed up to the site before 31st Jan 2010, and unlock it on 31st Jan 2010, you will get the award. This will take longer than being in an x360a loy, but you will still get the award :)

Good, I've been worried all this time that I wouldn't make it into a 360 lobby in time. I'll most likely be in this crowd of people. :)

as long as you are signed up to the site before 31st Jan 2010, and unlock it on 31st Jan 2010, you will get the award

I'm a bit confused with that part of your statement though (sorry, I get perplexed easy). Are you saying that we have to actually sign up ahead of time somewhere on the site, or are you saying that we just have to have an account here?

Good, I've been worried all this time that I wouldn't make it into a 360 lobby in time. I'll most likely be in this crowd of people. :)

I'm a bit confused with that part of your statement though (sorry, I get perplexed easy). Are you saying that we have to actually sign up ahead of time somewhere on the site, or are you saying that we just have to have an account here?

I think his post was directed at all the new members who might be taking part in this but havn't signed up for site but still want the reward. Although i could be wrong :p

Melbourne, Australia is GMT+11. If I wake up at 4.30am on Feb 1st i will be on at the right time?

Wow, good thing I read your post. I had 6PM 31st Feb GMT confused with 6PM 31st Feb GMT -7. I'd recommend waking up at 4am just to be safe, logging in, then leaving the 360 on until you wake back up in the morning.

I plan on leaving my XBOXs running when I go to bed (probably around 2am), then waking back up at 4am and again at 5am to check and make sure its working. I just hope my internet connection holds out. It seems lately its been cutting out randomly after the 2am mark. I wouldn't mind missing out on the achievement, but I'd hate to find out that the people who need the achievement almost made it only to fall short by a few users.

As far as I'm aware, True Achievements are joining in on our attempt. If this is not the case, then its out of our control. The rest of the 360 community will be there on the 31st, with or without them :p

A number of user-generated boosting sessions were set up on TA just after the announcement went public. Officially, TA is supporting the boost on the 31st.

:drunk

Wow, good thing I read your post. I had 6PM 31st Feb GMT confused with 6PM 31st Feb GMT -7. I'd recommend waking up at 4am just to be safe, logging in, then leaving the 360 on until you wake back up in the morning.

I plan on leaving my XBOXs running when I go to bed (probably around 2am), then waking back up at 4am and again at 5am to check and make sure its working. I just hope my internet connection holds out. It seems lately its been cutting out randomly after the 2am mark. I wouldn't mind missing out on the achievement, but I'd hate to find out that the people who need the achievement almost made it only to fall short by a few users.

So we agree, 1st Feb 4am get online , join a lobby, msg the host our forum user name, stay in the lobby , go back to bed and hope our Internet connections and xbox's don't spaz out and we get 1000 online?!?

Ok so lemme' get this straight to make sure we're crystal.

Join an x360a lobby for an hour at the time stated, contact the room leader & give them our forum name here & we get a prize or a chance to get a prize?

Aye but like hell I'd pay those prices, got it off cex for £4 in the end, last one online at that moment in time.

Ok so lemme' get this straight to make sure we're crystal.

Join an x360a lobby for an hour at the time stated, contact the room leader & give them our forum name here & we get a prize or a chance to get a prize?

It's a prize draw so you will have a chance to win a prize. You are guaranteed the forum award though if you pop on, you don't even have to stay for the full hour. Either way they will want both your gamertag and your forum name.

ok thanks for the clarification. what is the forum award btw?

Do you mean to say what is "a" forum award, or am I miss understanding you? If you are asking what "a" forum award is, then an example would be the http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/awards/CLUBSDIRECTOR-S.png to the left of my post, or the many more beside Minty's.

"The" forum award that they will be giving away will likely be similar to the one the last time they held this event http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/awards/nbalive32.gif, I'm assuming with a bit of a twist, although I really have no idea.

EDIT: Here is the new one: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/awards/nbalive2-32.png

Edited by kaleido42