Getting to Akuma HELP!!!

I cant get to Akuma no matter how hard I try...

I tried everything and i can't seem to not lose..

The Psyco Move that Bison does doesnt' help eaither...the CPU gets used to it and counters it perfectly...Like T. Hawk

I also put the game on Easy and 1 Round

Ok here's what I did:

- This may sound crazy, and maybe it was just a mental thing for me, but when I chose Bison at character select, I pressed A for the alternate costume. It was a light blue outfit. When I would choose this outfit, the game seemed a lot easier. Could have just been a fluke. But at this time I even got the 5 perfect wins, and the rest of the game was easy.

- Try setting it on 3 or 5 matches. Your chances or winning are pretty high on easy. If you set it to one match, one unlucky match will end it all. Now if you set it to more matches, one loss won't end everything. You still have more chances to continue on.

- If a certain opponent is giving you particular problems, such as T Hawk, start a game and hope T Hawk is your first opponent. If not restart. The first character you fight is usually at an easier setting, as opposed to fighting them later on.

- What I did was back up into the left corner at the beginning and wait for them to apporoach me, then I would execute the Bison move. They tended to block less this way. It's similar to a human player having trouble blocking if they move towards you.

- When you get to Sagat, I had a few problems with him since he has alternating heights of fireballs that would interrupt the usual Bison attack. So I would also use down + HP, which would make Bison do a sliding attack move. This worked particularly well when Sagat was close. It doesn't require a 2 second charge up like the other move so it's quick to respond. I used it when he would land from his tiger uppercut and also after a high tiger fireball. In fact, you may want to implement this when fighting the characters before Sagat.

- Once you reach Akuma, do what the guide recommends and use Cammy and her quarter circle back + punch move to dodge the fireballs.

Hope that helps.

Ok here's what I did:

- This may sound crazy, and maybe it was just a mental thing for me, but when I chose Bison at character select, I pressed A for the alternate costume. It was a light blue outfit. When I would choose this outfit, the game seemed a lot easier. Could have just been a fluke. But at this time I even got the 5 perfect wins, and the rest of the game was easy.

- Try setting it on 3 or 5 matches. Your chances or winning are pretty high on easy. If you set it to one match, one unlucky match will end it all. Now if you set it to more matches, one loss won't end everything. You still have more chances to continue on.

- If a certain opponent is giving you particular problems, such as T Hawk, start a game and hope T Hawk is your first opponent. If not restart. The first character you fight is usually at an easier setting, as opposed to fighting them later on.

- What I did was back up into the left corner at the beginning and wait for them to apporoach me, then I would execute the Bison move. They tended to block less this way. It's similar to a human player having trouble blocking if they move towards you.

- When you get to Sagat, I had a few problems with him since he has alternating heights of fireballs that would interrupt the usual Bison attack. So I would also use down + HP, which would make Bison do a sliding attack move. This worked particularly well when Sagat was close. It doesn't require a 2 second charge up like the other move so it's quick to respond. I used it when he would land from his tiger uppercut and also after a high tiger fireball. In fact, you may want to implement this when fighting the characters before Sagat.

- Once you reach Akuma, do what the guide recommends and use Cammy and her quarter circle back + punch move to dodge the fireballs.

Hope that helps.

I Cant believe it... but it worked!

Thanks alot. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I still don't see how it's possible to get to the end without continuing....

I died on the 3rd guy using Bison, they kept blocking the psycho punch.

Edit: Did a little better on my second go, got to the 8th guy.

Are you supposed to do the psycho punch as fast as possible before the enemy stands up? Or can someone give me a more in-depth analysis of what to do?

Edited by t4nd4r

I'm assuming you need to do it as soon as they are getting up so they can't counter it. I'm having some trouble getting this too, especially when against Vega and Blanka. Vega seems to avoid it every time and Blanka just blocks and counters immediately. quite annoying!

• 5 weeks later...

It took me hours to make it to Akuma and only five minutes to beat him thanks to Chun-Li's Lightning Kicks.

I picked up some tips as M. Bison that worked really well so that I can probably get back to Akuma almost every time now. And I only used either the Psycho Crusher or the slide kick (down+RB).

I found that best-of-3 or best-of-5 wasn't helping so went with 1 Round only and that keeps the pace moving well and beating a tough opponent once might even be easier than winning two out of three.

For the first five or so opponents, start with a Psycho Crusher. Watch your opponent closely while charging the next one, and as soon as you see the sprite change (the opponent try to get up), perform the Psycho Crusher again. I had many flawless rounds when I used this timing.

The basic strategy is the same for opponents 6-9 but expect a few blocks and a couple close rounds. Any time you need to create some space, either jump away if you can or do the slide kick.

Against Cammy, never do the slide kick as it rarely seems to work.

Against Dhalsim, start with a Psycho Crusher then spam the slide kick for a quick victory. After each slide kick, move slightly away from him and repeat.

Opponent 10 is always Vega and he is the toughest opponent. Time to change strategy. Start by moving all the way to the left and only perform the Psycho Crusher when he is coming towards you. He likes to jump up and down in place a few times so be patient and wait for him to come towards you. Try to time the next Psycho Crusher for the moment he attempts to get up. Keep your distance throughout the fight.

The last opponent in your way is Sagat and is potentially tough but fortunately he is another victim to the Psycho Crusher timing. Just watch for him to try and get up and you can string a bunch of Psycho Crushers together.

You can do it! Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Arghhh i SUCK at this game!! I can't wait until i finish this arghh.

Got to Sagat using the pyscho crusher method, but sagat absolutely pasted me. Didn't matter how well i timed my crushers, he always had an answer. Trying to beat him on continues for practice as i type, but still can't beat the guy.

EDIT: Just made it to Akuma (and i thought that part was tough!!). How the hell do you beat this guy, im trying the Cammy backfist thing but im still getting pasted.

Edited by MPM

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I've lost on Vega three times and Sagat twice today... After playing this game I've decided I'm never playing fighting games again. I got SSF2THASOASD free with my 360 so that's the only reason I decided to give it a shot. I just don't understand why the difficulty has to be so fucking impossible.

edit: got the 'cheev; still hate the game

Edited by The Ju1ce

I cant get to Akuma no matter how hard I try...

I tried everything and i can't seem to not lose..

The Psyco Move that Bison does doesnt' help eaither...the CPU gets used to it and counters it perfectly...Like T. Hawk

I also put the game on Easy and 1 Round

Same here. Im getting beat by the first guy on easy, fei long. He just does that stupid kick when i do that stupid electric spear crap.

This game blows and achievements in general blow. All this frustration for a couple of gamerscore? Why?

• 2 years later...

im here to confirm that to get to akuma in arcade mode you have to beat all characters without continuing to make it easier for you of course set it on easy difficulty set the matches to 1 round and dont rush it/dont charge i used the M. Bison trick where he launches at the enemy by pressing back hold it then forward and left bumper (if default) controls