anyone else hating Teach Me How To Jerk?

thenixhex311

granted, i listen to metal mainly...and some of these songs in the game are growing on me...but

I've read some people say this is the 'hardest' song on easy, my thoughts exactly. Im trying to do that stupid 100% breakdown every song, and have 3 left.

TMHTJ

Days Go By

Man Eater

I dont get how they have some of them grouped together as 'harder'...well probably the non-easy versions are harder, nvm...but still.

I probably did TMHTJ last night for probably an hour alone and am just overall so frustrated. I got to a point where i was just trying to see if the sensor would pick up on me leaning to a side w/o doing the knee things over and over.

I seem to find the first set of moves is the hardest...at least it's that rather than acing everything and getting to the last set and messing up.

Anyone else frustrated with this one?

I always seem to miss the 1st move (to the right) in the 2nd set of SLIDE-JERK. I either get 15/16 constantly, or 13/16 and then ace the last 3 sets.

Of course the last two times, being totally exhausted, i got 15/16 on the first set only to ace the last three...and the last time, ace the first part only to somehow miss one of the one where you 'rub down & clap' lol.

Any tips on how to easy beat this one (less moves and just positioning)?

The only problem I had with this song was that damn UFO. The guys hands were up but not as up as I had to put my hands for it to register. Then I had to watch the actual vid by Audio Push to see what the reject is really supposed to rock like. After that, it only took me a few tries to nab the five star/Hard.

On a jerk/twerk song, remember that the whole point is to be loose and extreme. I'm not sure exactly what move you're stuck on- but make sure to extend you body. On the slide jerk, one leg must be dragged behind you with hands extended.

Honestly just use my trick for looping the move you need in Break It Down before the reccap. You just have to repeat that one move til you get it. And yes, it's tiring- jerk/twerk songs are supposed to be.

This is definitely one of the toughest songs, but it becomes second nature once you get it. Some pointers:

1) If your knees and quads are hurting, you're probably on the right track.

2) Exaggerate the knee twisting movement. Get on the balls of your feet, and bend in and out to the beat. If you feel stupid (I'm also much more into metal), you're probably on the right track.

3) During "side jerk" type of moves, bob your body up and down slightly with the beat. Doesn't seem obvious, but the game particularly tracks how your body moves to the beat, and will be likelier to give you a pass on a move that way.

4) I had the hardest time on the UFO move. Tip: it's 30% on the arm height, and 70% on the timing at which you lift your feet off the ground. If you fail the move, it's probably because you're not lifting your feet at the right moment and speed.

5) The "rub down and clap", sorry, no pointers. Just rub down and clap at the right time? Again, I'll stress that, in this song in particular, the game really wants to see your body parts moving to the beat much more than it wants accurate movements.

For this one, I posted some advice based on my experience with it, it may or may not help you. Bear in mind I don't really have a beautiful way with words:

I was also stuck on this, but I wasn't REALLY looking at the move.

All of what Shadowtrooper said is bang on, but also I noticed (or rather, my girlfriend did while watching me go for this one) is that on the first Down Down (to the right), you have both arms up in front of your chest while doing it. I had this down.

When you repeat this move to the left, you ONLY HAVE YOUR LEFT ARM UP, leave your right arm down by your side. Watch the move carefully, you will see what I'm talking about.

This is what kept me for quite a while from unlocking this achievement. I had never noticed the variation when you change direction, until my girlfriend pointed out that I was in fact doing the move incorrectly.

From this thread: So annoyed with Down Down

Also, during the UFO Front/Backs, I found that lifting my feet ever-so-slightly early helped me score Flawless... But that might just be me.

Yeah it's annoying me too. I too like to listen to the heavier stuff, so this song is just grating on me. I have trouble with the same moves as you and I haven't even tried to do what you're doing so I'm not looking forward to getting that achievement lol.

I got no tips, I just wanted to vent my frustration too :). Good luck!

Do you see which part is turning red? Is it after the slide (during the jerk)? During the slide, you should just stay really still until the character on screen moves into the jerk part. I always felt like I had to stay in the slide-position for a really long time, but I never had any problem with it. I also sort of felt like my 'jerk' was different in that you kind of do it fast and not really on beat and sort of close your arms in front of your face like a box with your arms vertical, rather than have your arms horizontal like on the other jerk moves.

If you watch the flashcard, it shows your arms in a more horizontal position like the other jerk moves, but the dancer will keep their arms more vertical and in front of your face.

Could either of those be the problem? (Length of hold + quick jerk / arm position?)

I finally got it!!! It was always on the slide part of the slo mo jerk! I can't tell u how many times I got 15/16!!! Then today, turned it on and got it. I apparently wasn't sliding enough and/or my transition from left to right wasnt picking up where my arms were up!

Btw...is that you on YouTube?? I was searching for some videos and happened to notice the profile name was the same on one!

I can't get 5 stars on easy and it's bugging the hell out of me. It's the knee drop one and the turning to the side ones which are killing me. Might try and watch some vids for some tips though.

3 basics that helped me

Jerking, Rejecting, and Dipping

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46BsgpnioTc]YouTube - Audio Push - Teach Me How To Jerk - instructional video. Presented by RozWorld Tv[/ame]

Once you get the reject right, you can do it sideways. It took me a while to figure out what he was doing with his face during the side reject.

Hahaha, I like this song! So much for the metal guys etc. :biglaugh

Anywayz, if SHE can do it, ya'll can too. ;)

YouTube - Dance Central - Teach Me How To Jerk (5 stars, Hard. WHITE GIRL?!)

get down, Brit!!! lol

She had the reject down. Sho only made a few goofs that I should point out.

• The PDGS (Pose, Drop, Go, Stop) @ 1:26- she does the look over the shoulder to the right when it's to the left.
  • The Sexy Jerk has to be pronounced with your left foot first-sex-clap, turn your body then do it with the right-sex-clap. Only the foot that's out should be jerking/moving.
  • The Dip It & Stop (at 1:36- looks like a rodeo while raising your hand)- you start with your left hand. Your left hand raises but it doesn't go passed your shoulder. So it goes dip-dip-dip and you put the hand down by your side. Then your right starts at chest level all the way up until its above your head (dip-dip-dip up).
  • The Down-Down (after the "Knee Down Down") is done in opposites. So:

You put your foot down and your two arms up by your chest. Your head and your foot are one group, your two arms are anothe group.

Your foot/head go right - your arms go left

Your foot/head go left- your arms go right

That's one set. Repeat two more time and then switchs.

Now your left arm is by itself and your foot/head stay in one group.

foot/head go right- left arm to the left

foot/head go left- left arm to the right

repeat for two more sets

My issue lies with the damn slow mo jerk...I mimic the damn bastard perfectly and it always says either my left or right arm is wrong, what the hell. :(

If your arms are up correctly, make sure they're up at the right parts of your body. It's all about arms slots so...

If you slide to the right on the slo-mo and your arms are up, your body isn't completely facing to the right. Your arms should have proper spacing between your head and should not be extended all the way. If you keep getting reds, swerve your trunk to make sure you're facing somewhat towards the tv and make sure your elbows are bent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Also working on the "Something to Prove" achievement (which is the last one I need) and I'm finding it funny how everyone seems to have troubles on different moves. I actually enjoy dancing to this song, but for me it's still only the DAMN "Dip it" which seems so random that even if I get it flawless during the normal "Break it Down", at least one of the 4 is bound to turn yellow during the Final Recap so I end up with 35/36 Recap moves passed.

Seriously.. ARGH WTF!!!!!!!

Edit: I guess sometimes a little rant is all that's needed :p Got my 1000G. I'm freeeeeeeeeeee *mad laughter* Good luck to all of you!!

Edited by Lucienna

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I managed to get the What a Jerk! This morning. I previously had only finished it on Easy, but I went into the Medium break it down and did that and the I had to run Medium a couple times to get 5 stars, then I ran it on Hard for the heck of it and got 5 stars on my first try! Cool. Glad I don't have to do that anymore!

I had trouble with this, if it's the knee jerking bit you're struggling with, one thing I found is that I was leaning too far to the side and had my legs too far apart (the picture on the screen is quite deceiving), you only need to lean slightly (more pulling your shoulder up to head level), and you can do a slight open leg when you do the first move (i forget what it's called), basically, the way I did it didn't hurt and was flawless every time. you don't need to strain yourself too much, try slightly leaning with your legs only slightly apart, then just twist your leg as if you're stirring something. :) hope that helps