This or chromehounds?

Bondfan626

It depends on what you like more. Chromehounds is squad based tactical mech action. Armored Core 4 is more of an arcade style, shoot from the hip, action game. Also to keep in mind since this is an achievement site, Chromehouds is pretty much impossible to get 1000 in while AC4 is only extremely difficult. I liked Chromehounds more because of multiplayer and squad play. AC4 can also get frustrating because of how fast the game goes, you need godly reflexes and coordination to get S Rank on a bunch of missions. Chromehounds missions are always doable with proper planning and coordination between squadmates. Chromehounds mech design is also much simpler and doesn't use so many acronyms. Both games have great graphics. Sadly I would advise against getting these games, especially new because there are probably better games available. You can get these dirt cheap online.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow, I realized after I posted this message that this was several years ago when this was first posted, wow, shows how inactive these forums are. Well, to anyone else thinking of getting Armored Core 4 or Chromehounds:

If you're going to get one, I recommend Chromehounds, no offense to Armored Core 4, but it's storyline is one of the WORST I've ever played. They just drop you in level one with now reason why you're working with who you are, who you are working with are, and who the hell you are. Unless you have played the other Armored Core's, you're going to be just as lost as me.

Multiplayer wize, I have yet to see anyone playing online in Armored Core but like mentioned above, Chromehounds has these "Squads". It's basically like Halo 2 Clans but WAY more in depth, like customizing the symbol of the squad, having organized matches, etc. and, people still play Chromehounds to the extent of my knowledge.

I got Armored Core 4 yesterday, within the first hour, I was ready to go back to gamestop and get a refund. So, in the end, go with Chromehounds or nothing.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
With Chromehounds going down, which I actually found pretty addicting online, will I like Armored Core? I was a huge fan of the original on Playstation years ago, is it similar or different? Also I heard 4 is much better than the other one, true or false?

It's a completely different game from Chromehounds. I hated Chromehounds because it was WAY too slow for me. I almost died about how slow some of the mechs moved, just couldn't get into the game.

I started playing the armored core series back in the day, AC2 was the first I played. I remember cutting class in high school to play it with some buddies...(that's another story though...haha)

Anyway, I loved all the entries into the AC series (Nexus disappointed me a bit...) but this one is a LOT harder. Or maybe with age I've gotten worse at shooters...anyway, I still loved it. I think if you liked AC in the past you will enjoy this one as well. Especially since it's only 5 or 10 bucks if you get it online. Rent it from GameFly and see how you like it, if you're not sure.

• 3 years later...
Dont get either i have both an they are the worst games ever made.

hears what you do if you do have em tho put them on the nearest table an use them as cup coasters.

I wouldn't go this far. If you're looking for a cheap game that offers a rewarding experience compared to the price tag, then snag Armored Core IV. It'll keep you busy for a little while with minimal dedication required. Especially if you're an achievement hunter.