To anyone struggling with Babel Achievements...

Finaldark

If you're not trying to be the best Catherine player in the world and just want the achievements, do yourself a huge favor and play PAIRS.

Even if you don't have a friend to play with, PAIRS by yourself with 2 controllers is so much more easier then playing solo.

Reasons Why:

1. Less steps.

PAIRS Alter: 106 steps

PAIRS Menhir: 130something... I forgot to take note.

PAIRS Obelisk: 154 steps

PAIRS Axismundi: 168 steps

2. Simpler Blocks

The game compensates the fact that you're playing with two people and gives easier blocks to deal with (i.e less cracked blocks, wider areas to work with)

3. Less/simpler strategy specific

While you can do a pairs Inazuma, you don't need it for PAIRS. The basic push/pulls, tornados, spider crawls, and push into the background to generate new blocks to work with is all you need.

Just to give an idea how much easier it is with PAIRS, I never made it past 130 solo on Alter after multiple hours spent, but I completed it first try in pairs.

Well... time for me to celebrate my 1k in Catherine. :drunk

Edited by Finaldark

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, thanks for this. I've been struggling on Obelisk for awhile.

Switched to pairs and completed it first try...

On to Axis now!

Woot! Got my 1k now.

Edited by Sen

Wow, thanks for this. I've been struggling on Obelisk for awhile.

Switched to pairs and completed it first try...

On to Axis now!

Woot! Got my 1k now.

Niceee, grats. :woop:1k in this game is pretty gratifying.

----

Im sure the Pairs method? strat?... something.. has been mentioned before but its always somewhere hidden and buried between other posts. Im putting it out in bright lights.

If this helps anyone out, then Im glad to have helped in anyway.

Edited by Finaldark

Are you trying it on pairs? it becomes substantially more do-able when you do that

It took me a few hours to beat Menhir on pairs, though I probably just suck at puzzle games :(. I have Obelisk and (Axismundi-haven't really tried yet). I have died quite a few times near the goal in Obelisk, so many open spaces confuse me hahah. I am wondering if I should try and gold star hard mode and maybe rapunzel, and then come back to these. But I heard babel gets harder once you gold star hard mode

Can't believe you guys do these so easily, only if i had coop videos lol

Edited by Echilion

Are you guys doing this with a second player? or just you controlling both players?

I did Axis Mundi in pairs and controlled both of the characters myself, just make sure you position the second player correctly as you move blocks because they might not be able to get up after you move some blocks. Haven't tried the other ones though.

I'm having a horrible time with the Babel achievements. D: I can't even solo Alter. If anybody wants to add me and team up sometime, I'd be very appreciative!

It's not online pairs sorry, you need to do it locally or just do it yourself with two controllers, takes some practice but it's totally do-able :) Good luck!

It's funny how easy pairs is...

I must have played Altar solo for 5 hours straight yesterday, but the highest I could ever get was around 130 steps. Just as I gave up for the night, I turned on a second controller and gave it a whirl. Beat it in one try.

Of course, I have yet to try the other three stages, so we'll see how much easier they really are in pairs versus solo.

It's funny how easy pairs is...

I must have played Altar solo for 5 hours straight yesterday, but the highest I could ever get was around 130 steps. Just as I gave up for the night, I turned on a second controller and gave it a whirl. Beat it in one try.

Of course, I have yet to try the other three stages, so we'll see how much easier they really are in pairs versus solo.

I hear altar and menhir are pretty simple on pairs, and obelisk is also for some people. Axis can be troublesome depending on how adept you are at certain block combinations but give it a few tries and you'll have it conquered! Good luck! :)

I've attempted menhir on pairs about 10 or so times and I can easily make between 70-90 steps each time but the pattern breaks up at the end no matter how hard I try. I made it to the point where I can hear the bell 3 times but I can never make a path the final drop. It's very annoying, if only you didnt need both players to make it to the top. It will be helpful if someone made a guide on how to solve each drop type.

I've attempted menhir on pairs about 10 or so times and I can easily make between 70-90 steps each time but the pattern breaks up at the end no matter how hard I try. I made it to the point where I can hear the bell 3 times but I can never make a path the final drop. It's very annoying, if only you didnt need both players to make it to the top. It will be helpful if someone made a guide on how to solve each drop type.

I've been working on mapping as many of them as possible but what you want to do in menhir as u get near the top is try and make sure u have as wide a foundation as possible in preparation for the end part, that same principle can be applied to every tower. Don't give up though eventually u'll crack it

I wish you luck man, although i found menhir to be the easiest of the babel stages and it looks like im not the only one.

So yeah i dunno how your luck will hold out against the much harder obelisk and axis mundi stages.

Can't really give you a side by side comparison of how much harder it is since obelisk was the first one i used pairs mode for and i beat it in 1 try to my shock.

But for singles mode obelisk is much harder than menhir, and i can only believe that translates to pairs mode too.

With everyone Saying how easy pairs is, I think I'm just not that good of a player for taking this long to get it done, either that or I'm getting the harder block drops.

Good job beating Menhir!!! :) I personally found obelisk easier than menhir myself but it still entirely depends on your personal skill how easy vs hard you make it on yourself :). If you can beat one then with practice you can beat the other two so good luck!