• don't care
    • no it's a bad idea

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scotty
I love drop in drop out co op so if this has it I'm going to enjoy it

usually i'd be like 'fuck no' to my favourite series getting MP, but i can see this being pretty good. maybe have your normal single player game as it is/was in the first 2, but a friend(or up to 3) can join your game with their character in place of a companion. that would be pretty good.

i mean, i was gutted when Mass Effect 3 was announced to have multiplayer, but that turned out to be very addictive, very well done and supported for ages afterwards.

I don't know how else, or what else they could do for multiplayer though, for a game like dragon age...

I'm actually mad when mass effect 3 had multiplayer I was upset as well. A single player RPG game that takes 100 hours plus to beat does not require multiplayer its just wrong. My hope is its a co-op story I think that would be cool.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd kill them if they were going to put in Multiplayer.

Mass Effect 3 MP was fun for some time, but only till you hit the wall because you never got the weapon "upgrades" you wanted/needed.

But Dragon Age is a whole different story, as it is so different compared to ME3. I mean seriously, it probably wasn't so hard to craft that MP Mode which is basically just the same enemies/levels/weapons that are in the main. Getting a decent MP out of DA would be much harder.

Edited by Schreckofant

I'd kill them if they were going to put in Multiplayer.

Mass Effect 3 MP was fun for some time, but only till you hit the wall because you never got the weapon "upgrades" you wanted/needed.

But Dragon Age is a whole different story, as it is so different compared to ME3. I mean seriously, it probably wasn't so hard to craft that MP Mode which is basically just the same enemies/levels/weapons that are in the main. Getting a decent MP out of DA would be much harder.

No really...a simple co op would be fine. Let you play through the story with a friend...your friend doesn't even need to have any lines if they wanna take huge shortcuts. Not talkin a side co op mode I want full campaign co op. I want to play through rpg's with my bro or a friend...I don't always want to play solo.

No really...a simple co op would be fine. Let you play through the story with a friend...your friend doesn't even need to have any lines if they wanna take huge shortcuts. Not talkin a side co op mode I want full campaign co op. I want to play through rpg's with my bro or a friend...I don't always want to play solo.

I want co-op with the adorable mute co-op partner! But seriously, Gauntlet had adventure/RPG co-op down ages ago.. I don't understand why that can't be mimicked, especially with the usual "Warrior has shot the food", so you can turn to your friend/say via live "You dumbass, stop shooting the food!"

co-op wouldn't be so bad, you could maybe just go around adventuring with a friend instead of one of your party members ... he can be in your game, to get some exp, but his story wont progress by doing your missions. Or, he can come over for split screen, and log into his account ... he doesn't even have to own the game, since all your games are now playable by him on your console ;)

Maybe he could just take control of a party member, and it will remove the AI?

still don't like multiplayer though.

• 3 weeks later...
I don't really mind multiplayer.. I mind multiplayer chevos

Exactly,I don't care if multiplayer is there but don't put achievements with it to.i really hate it when they put multiplayer In Games that don't need it.like Tomb raider that game did not need multiplayer.its like some company ploy to extend the life of there game so they put multiplayer achievements in it.Now I would rather have the drop in drop out coop.

I would love some multiplayer.

Expand....do you mean similar to AC3 or ME3? I honestly can't see a Horde type mode working for this series. I think its a bad idea, but this is EA we are talking about. For them it makes business sense.

Co op for main game would be great. I hate when a game teases co op modes and it ends up just being some stand alone bore fest instead of letting me play through the entire game with my bro or a friend.

This would me amazing. Been asking for this for ever. Bungie did it with no issues, so imagine playing co-op campaign for this or Mass Effect.

• 2 weeks later...

This would me amazing. Been asking for this for ever. Bungie did it with no issues, so imagine playing co-op campaign for this or Mass Effect.

Exactly. There are a lot of games I know I would really enjoy playing if I could play them with my bro. Mass Effect is a great example.. I don't care for the series much but full co op campaign? I'd be all over that in a second.

Exactly. There are a lot of games I know I would really enjoy playing if I could play them with my bro. Mass Effect is a great example.. I don't care for the series much but full co op campaign? I'd be all over that in a second.

Considering the first 2 games put a high emphasis on keeping AI teammates with you, I don't see why a full co-op campaign wouldn't work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am glad to see I am not in the minority for once in voting against multiplayer...

Problem is there are two types of RPG, some may say controversially so.

Those being the pure online MMORPG (World of Warcraft being an example),

and then there are the single player type like Skyrim, (minues the little online mods etc)...instead focusing their online efforts into Elder Scrolls Online doing the right thing in keeping the two as separate game types.

Problems begin in my opinion when they try and marry the two as it rarely works and the multiplayer is a resounding failure beyond people enduring it to gather strategically placed achievements designed to force people into the afterthought mode.

Not an RPG but I remember the massive error they made in adding MP to Bioshock 2....destroyed the respect I had for the game as stand-alone genius, and just jumped on the band wagon in the second outing, such a shame.

I think in closing they need to keep the two game types separate in RPG's and focus their teams on creating one or the other fully, instead of achievement hunter only dead lobby's plaguing otherwise great RPG games...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest EvolvedMonkey97

I always felt that the party structure of Dragon Age would translate well into a Co-Op dungeon raid online, especially with the new combat system. Sort of like an MMO only shrunken down to a group of 4. Combine that with loot and frequent free DLC like they did for ME3, and a solid multiplayer mode is established.