DLC 1 in May: Expedition

The Pants Party

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/...-coming-in-may

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2014/04/exp1280.jpg

The promo picture above shows a sneak peak at a map called "Swampland." One main feature of the map is the large number of trees which allow you to wall run in crazy, unpredictable paths. The second map, Runoff, is loosely connected to Swampland. According to the developers, "it has a lot of pipes and water." War Games, the last map, takes place within the area titan pilots train in.

Respawn is also adding the ability to customize titans with decals -- an often-requested feature from fans. Also, you'll be able to meet up with new Titanfall players by using identical hash tags.

"It's supposed to span beyond just gaming sites," Respawn said at its PAX East panel. "You don't have to trade gamertags and make parties and be online at the same time. It's not a way to boost. It's a way to coordinate so you can choose your teammates."

http://www.shacknews.com/article/840...ion-coming-may

One of the new gameplay elements to be introduced in the first map (pictured) is wall-running on trees. Players will now be able to adjust their path while wall-running, choosing to jump from tree to tree, go higher or not. There will also be "zip-vines" for players to take advantage of.

War Games is another map in the upcoming map pack which "looks kind of Tron-y."

While map packs will be paid DLC, Respawn Entertainment promises that game modes will be free. Another new mode coming to Titanfall is 2v2 Last Titan Standing. In addition, new Burn Cards will be coming, with the next update to focus on Titan-specific abilities.

Maps sound good. I wasn't expecting anything else from the PDLC, to be honest.

Decals though!

The 2v2 LTS sounds like a quick way to rack up wins for Gen8 and MVP for Gen9.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
any achievements link to it? Also they say its not a way to boost but will we be able to do it? Ejecting pilots give me a headhake

No achievements and no way to boost in Private matches. You can still use the Japanese servers to quickly get matched with people trying to boost though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This will be the 10th post in the only thread currently dedicated to the titanfall dlc. The buzz or lack there of confirms yet another season pass purchase fail on my part. I have ended up spending all my time on original maps for the most part. When will i learn to not purchase the dlc until i know what im paying for at least, durp. I keep letting myself get excited til i inevitable get disappointed. Note to self: stop having faith in developers

The irony between my two posts is not lost on me

Edited by axeuup

Apparently when they do update 4 for the 360 that will also update the achievement list but no retro active accomplishments. Well i feel better about buying the season pass now. Im sure the bastards on xbone forums have known about this for a bit now but i just found out and im sure other 360 titanfall players would like this info. I tried to paste a link but failed, sorry. Looked legit and there were multiple sources.

• 3 weeks later...