Demo Available Now + Discussion Thread

iBuzz7S

Download - here

Size - 1.57GB

Description

Where cars belong! Celebrate speed, music, and style at the Horizon Festival. From the makers of the highest-rated racing franchise of this generation, Forza Horizon combines legendary Forza authenticity with the freedom of the open road.
Hoping what I played over the weekend is different to what is on the demo.

Edit.

First race and I love it! Doesn't play as serious as FM3/FM4 and for me personally, this is a huge bonus. While I do enjoy racing games, I like to have fun and not have it be taken seriously.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bFAHGUj6Y8]Forza Horizon Demo | Showcase Event | Mustang VS Mustang - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by iBuzz7S

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been playing it a while now, and it seems not that bad. Ok it's different from FM4, feels abit like Test Drive & Need For Speed, but done Forza style.

I'm not 100% sure if the car's handling is the same as FM4, as it's harder to tell, being that you now race on open road's.

The one thing that was unsure about, being that it's made with another delevoper is that, it was going to play like NFS (rubber banding) which i hate, and i'm pretty sure it's not got that....

So far looks good and a nice change.....

Definitely brought me back on board after the tedium of F4. The default assistance (if any) being less heavy handed was a plus.

The plane race was a nice novelty and the music wasn't nearly as bad or dubstep heavy as I thought it was going to be, from the 10 or tracks they had on here. Personal favourite road was the dirt track just east of the speed camera. It's also where I turned off the green line and started enjoying the game a lot more.

The difficulty curve wasn't too bad. Came 1st twice on Racona Rush on Normal and then came 2nd on Hard. As long as I saw a multiplier on my screen I assumed I was doing a good job!

I'm not 100% sure if the car's handling is the same as FM4, as it's harder to tell, being that you now race on open road's.

I feel that is not the same even though they said it would be. I guess it would make the game 10 times harder if it were.

But all and all i think i'm going to upgrade my preorder and get the limited edition. seems promising enough. the only thing that would kill it for me is if the online isn't completely free roam(like the whole map at a time not just certain part at a time) with friends. or that its super glitchy like TDU2

EDIT: also if the car customizing isn't very good i think that would be a let down.

Edited by j9292

And here I come to be the first one to say I don't like it!

What a surprise some will say :D

It is as I feared a bastardized version of Forza 4.

Not arcade enough to be batshit fun, not simulation enough to be challenging.

The worst thing for me is that they want me to drive properly but I have no feeling at all even with all assists off and the difficulty on maximum. I just don't feel the car connected to the road, and I think the problem resides in the fact that the tires have no feedback. The lack of vibration in the controller when they spin is completely wrong for my playstyle. If I can't feel when the car starts to slide I will go nowhere.

Aside from that, it's not a bad game, but it's everything I didn't want Forza to become...

I'll stick to the main franchise, and that is if they don't screw it up.

I have reasons to fear that because they have steadily "casualized" the game and made very questionable choices regarding monetization of the game.

They push tokens even farther this time (you can catch a glimpse of it during a loading time) by offering you to buy score multipliers for the solo. WHAT THE HELL?!

I was willing to give it a shot, but I don't see myself buying it before they release an ultimate edition with all the DLC at a decent price.

I can play hard simulations or stupidly arcadey games, but a weird hybrid like this one is beyond my current will to play.

Edited by JeanRob

The worst thing for me is that they want me to drive properly but I have no feeling at all even with all assists off and the difficulty on maximum. I just don't feel the car connected to the road, and I think the problem resides in the fact that the tires have no feedback. The lack of vibration in the controller when they spin is completely wrong for my playstyle. If I can't feel when the car starts to slide I will go nowhere.

Aside from that, it's not a bad game, but it's everything I didn't want Forza to become...

I'll stick to the main franchise, and that is if they don't screw it up.

I have reasons to fear that because they have steadily "casualized" the game and made very questionable choices regarding monetization of the game.

They push tokens even farther this time (you can catch a glimpse of it during a loading time) by offering you to buy score multipliers for the solo. WHAT THE HELL?!

I was willing to give it a shot, but I don't see myself buying it before they release an ultimate edition with all the DLC at a decent price.

I can play hard simulations or stupidly arcadey games, but a weird hybrid like this one is beyond my current will to play.

You made some good points. But i feel like it is a nice mixture. Also I see people talking about the vibration and what not. Which is funny because i've played with vibration off for years now and it feels weird to even have it on in the first place. i guess i never thought that would be something people would fault a game for it.

Here is some gamplay of the demo along with some of my thoughts:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVfkJEeX4cQ]Forza Horizon Demo - Gameplay & Thoughts - Xbox 360 - 720p [Part 1/2] - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni4-D0qcDus&feature=channel&list=UL]Forza Horizon Demo - Gameplay & Thoughts - Xbox 360 - 720p HD - [Part 2/2] - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Maka

You made some good points.

ALWAYS! :D

But i feel like it is a nice mixture.

Well, you're right. It just a matter of semantics. You like it, I don't ;)

Also I see people talking about the vibration and what not. Which is funny because i've played with vibration off for years now and it feels weird to even have it on in the first place.

Maybe it's because I'm so used to it and can't understand how people do without it. To me it's such an important component of my driving style that I'm lost when I have no sensation. Same thing when I drive with the sound off, the music or a bloated HUD, it completely ruins the immersion for me.

It's a bit difficult to explain why it is such a problem, when I know I won't have much trouble playing NFS Most Wanted 2012.

i guess i never thought that would be something people would fault a game for it.

I'm French, if I don't complain daily, they strip me of my nationality:)

The lack of vibration in the controller when they spin is completely wrong for my playstyle. If I can't feel when the car starts to slide I will go nowhere.

Is there a way to enable vibration? I hate playing without it too.

The biggest reason I dislike Gran Turismo is the utter lack of feel, something I've always loved from Forza, I'd be disappointed not to have that in Horizon.

I see many people switching to the "Limited" edition, but how many of you will be buying the season pass?

EDIT: To the others editors, that's why you should always make a demo for your game!

I will not being getting the season pass just seems to be a rip to me.

But aswell i would like to upgrade mypreorder but i worried that the online will be set up like skate 3 were you have a map but you can use all of it at a time and are only limited to a section. I've been on the search to find out how the online free roam will be set up before i do upgrade. so if anyone knows please let me know

I had such high hopes you would be pleasantly surprised:(

I had internet problems last night so i'll have to wait until i get home today to try it out. It's disappointing to hear there is a lack of immersion. Part of the fun of Forza is those times when you feel the car slipping from your control and having to wrestle it back. In those instances, vibration is a must.

Main feedback on the official forums are that vibration is too low. Remember this is the demo so the full game may have more vibration.

I don't rely on vibration so for me the game is cool.

JeanRob good to see your explanations because I was surprised. I like the game.

The batshit fun for me is from racing a plane lol

Is there a way to enable vibration? I hate playing without it too.

There is vibration but it is badly calibrated.

You don't feel the tires or the springs, unless you hit something or go way off road. Or a plane flies 50 meters above you ;)

Here's what I think of the vibration in Horizon:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hBTqgCGnhU]Cartman Its WRONG - YouTube[/ame]

I had such high hopes you would be pleasantly surprised:(

I was really willing to give it a shot. It's not even that bad, but rather not suited to my playstyle or what I want to play at the moment.

It's disappointing to hear there is a lack of immersion. Part of the fun of Forza is those times when you feel the car slipping from your control and having to wrestle it back. In those instances, vibration is a must.

Remember, it's me we are talking about. I can be properly anal/picky about details sometimes :D

Main feedback on the official forums are that vibration is too low. Remember this is the demo so the full game may have more vibration.

Let's hope so.

The batshit fun for me is from racing a plane lol

Another thing that worries me is the possibility that you will have to deal with a cheating AI.

I was more or less on par with the plane during the race but crashed at the last checkpoint and there was no way I could win the race. I kept on going and crossed the line 2/10th before the P51. It was already suspicious but when I saw the video above, the plane also crossed the line moments after the player, eventhough he was playing in a much easier difficulty. It looked like the plane was waiting when you look at it in the sky.

Played through the demo and there are a few pleasant surprises and a few things i don't like.

I'm glad to see the cars handle differently based on their make and model. I was worried all the cars would feel too similar but there is a clear distinction between driving a Mustang and an Evo.

The free roam aspect is great, it's almost therapeutic to cruise along the open road, drifting corners and tearing through traffic, i can't see this getting old for a while.

What i don't like is the car models/graphics don't look as detailed/crisp as FM4. Also, i knew this wouldn't have the same physics as FM4 but IMO it is too arcadeish. Just for fun i tried the Evo race without lifting off the accelerator except for 1 or 2 corners and i still won. Overtaking in FM4 used to be about timing and picking gaps, where as in this i was able to drive full speed into a guard rail, sling myself round the corner on it and overtake a car without any great loss of speed.

I'm not impressed by the demo.

The music sucks, so I turned off the radio after 5 minutes. And the gameplay is not better. I don't like the whole concept. I thought that it'd be better.

Cool graphics and all, but nothing that I would play or like. Maybe I compare it to much with the real Forza games.

I was more or less on par with the plane during the race but crashed at the last checkpoint and there was no way I could win the race. I kept on going and crossed the line 2/10th before the P51.

Yeah, its suspicious. Even in all the YT videos I still haven't seen a race that wasn't within half a second.

Incidentally, general gameplay question, is there any penalty for using the rewinds? I tried to beat a rival 3 times and failed but on the 4th time I just rewound every error and beat him and still earned the same amount of money. That doesn't seem fair really. Oh, and are there a limited number of rewinds per race? I dont think I used over 3-4.