Cul-de-sac Challenge 15

ruck0

i think i know what you're talking about. i couldnt find people getting hungry quick enough, but i'm sure there's one far away you cant see on map. anyways this game sucks so bad and i'm not wasting time with those secondary achievements, just playing through the game quickly as possible.

yeah, I posted about this one in the other Sneak King thread. This mission blows, as there is not a pattern for them being hungry.

The best I got was constantly restarting the mission until one of those 2 chicks near the pool was hungry at the start, then it worked out and I got all 5 delivereries in 1:02. I came as close as 4 deliveries with 25 seconds to find the 5th, but no one got hungry in time.

DAMN!!

I gave up as that mission was impossible and since I was going just for the A ranks in one area rather than all A ranks on every area, I did all missions A on the last Downtown level instead.

This game seriousely sucks, I almost don't want to do a review for it.

And luckily, I got a perfect pattern. It was only once though. One of the girls by the pool, the pool boy, the second girl by the pool, the guy in the yard trimming a tree while another guy aimlessly wanders around and finally, the guy who was aimlessly wandering around.

Mind you, this was probably my 15th or 20th time trying for it.

• 6 months later...

Alright I got incredibly lucky .. after about 30 restarts I got it in 56 seconds. I just restarted until one of the two women where you start are hungry. Then I went 2 yards over to the treehouse guy, then the woman on the side of the house. From there the guy in the following yard (the one walking and another man is painting a fence). The last one was the woman pacing around the back yard in the corner of the map right next to the fence guy. It was just pure luck, but keep restarting until you get one of the women in the pool yard at start and go from there. I'd say only go in the direction I did otherwise it's not possible.

• 1 month later...
My best time is 1:00.93 so far. I don't understand why they would base an A rank on random luck rather than skill. I finished up everything on that level. Maybe one day I will complete the last 40 challenges and see if the sneak suit will help.
Well after sometime of restarting and trying a few times over several days I finally got it 59.03. I also found out the sneak suit is just costume and does nothing to affect your abilities. Well according to everything I have read on this Mission 20 on the Downtown level is last hardest one but nothing like this so hopefully I will finish this up today and my last 200 in the Burger King games.

• 2 months later...

Double OMFG!

after i don't know how many hours, 30+ attempts, and 100 or so re-starts for one of the girls in the before post I finally got it! maybe I'll go for the 200 (I've done worse and more disgusting things for 50g).

I'm obligated to tell my strategy, as well as a mod to fix the redirect.

I restarted till i got on of the two pool girls (this one was in the white tank top), and went in this order.

1: White tanktop girl by pool (blonde, blue jean miniskirt, boots, yakking with red-head girl in sundress and ponytail)

2: Guy cutting tree (bald, blue tshirt, green shorts, by the screened-in porch where the girl sometimes comes out)

3: Treehouse pacer guy (brown-redish hair, dark blue shirt, blue jeans)

4: Painter (2nd to last house, black hair, overalls w/ red shirt)

5: Pink tank-top pacer girl (end house, brunette)

if that wasn't enough, someone else was walking near the last girl who just got hungry. But I still cut it kinda close with 0:58.03.

Avoid the girl in the screened back porch like the plague--you'll waste a lot of time till she gets close enough.

My advice is to restart until you get the girl and someone close to her gets hungry. I wouldn't go past those girls...leads to dead end. Definitly go the path described above. You will run into a lot more people, thereby increasing the chance that you'll run into a hungry one. If you're gonna pass someone and they aren't hungry already, it doesn't matter if you get caught by them...they will only slow you down. Don't get caught up in hoping that someone close will miraculously get hungry...hope is a lie in this game.

Well, I'm gonna attempt at joining Ufo chaser on the leaderboard. Wish me luck and remember - you die for real, you die in the game.

PEACE!

Edited by RRIKER
add

• 5 weeks later...

I've seen a few different patterns, but I got it with a different one:

1. pacing guy in the far backyerd by guy cutting the tree

2. the guy cutting the tree

3. one of the pool chicks

4. the other pool chick

5. the lady in the screened-in porch

The key factor seems to be pure luck in getting 5 hungry people out of the several backyards you visit in the direction of the chatting women. I reset at least 50-60 times and only started with one of the pool girls hungry about 3 or 4 times, and each of those times there was nobody else hungry. On the successful attempt I ran to the far guy because he was hungry, and I just hoped I could work my way back. Things just turned out absolutely perfectly (especially both pool girls back to back). I got my first 4 done pretty quickly, but I had to haul butt across a couple yards to get to the porch lady, and I had just enough time to serve her. I think the strategy has to be:

A. Stick to these close, well-populated backyards

B. Keep replaying until you get really lucky

Cheers!

Speleo.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that I had one of these patterns once. It was the first time that I had played it in a while, and I had forgotten what I needed for a A ranking! ARRRRGH! I then read up on it here, and spent at least a half hour starting and restarting, but never seeing a good pattern.

This is easily the most mind numbing achievement that I've faced. It really sucks that they would make an achievement based strictly on luck and not on any kind of skill.

Then, of course, I had to deal with some teasing (good natured) from my friends when they logged on and saw that I was playing this.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Also remember to perform level 3 flourishes since the timer stops once you suprise a hungry person. They take a little longer to perform than the lower level flourishes and, since the other people are still continuing their patterns, it gives a bigger window of opportunity for them to become hungry.

Good luck and I hope going for this achievement doesn't turn anyone into an axe murderer, as it almost did to me.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

hooooooooooly dog turds, this is a crappy challenge. due to a bet with a friend, i've wasted a ton of my life on this garbage, this level in particular.

after many many restarts, i got it with 1.8 seconds to spare.

started with girl on other side of wall behind the two next to the sprinkler(i actually got her through the wall, shes just close enough) then ran across the street to the right most house, and got 4 other consecutive people right next to each other.

it seems very random, but i tried running into the street and getting detected by a lot of people before restarting a few times hoping it was make them less likely to get become the hungry person. also, i recommend playing some music and muting the tv.

• 5 weeks later...

Just got this one myself... tried for a few hours last night, then again tonight... finally found a pattern that worked for me. I will note that I kept restarting till there was SOMEBODY on my left side (usually looked for the 2 girls talking, but if not them then someone in the next two yards over) so I was ALWAYS heading in that direction from the start! I also did level 3 flourishes to pause the timer and look around. The path I got that finally gave me an EASY win was:

1. Girl past the stone wall where the 2 girls are talking. (I didn't go into that yard, but fed her through the wall).

2. Guy trimming the tree by the girl in the porch. (since I was already near the street, I headed out to the front of the houses to cut through the front yards)

3. Guy cleaning the pool in the next yard over.

4. & 5. Two girls talking by the pool.

I don't know how I was lucky enough to get this pattern, but I beat the challenge in 49.43 seconds!

Now I am DONE with that stupid challenge, and can move on to TRY to enjoy the rest of the game... I just thought I should post my path, in case it helps somebody.

I wish I can meet the devs and kick everyone in their balls and laugh at them while they roll around in pain. This is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever seen in a videogame. I've been sitting here for almost 3 hours trying to do this and only two times have I been a second off from the goal.

In the time that it will take me to complete this ONE MISSION, I could've already completed a normal arcade game and have all the achievements for the game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An observation I noticed is that people won't get hungry if their dots aren't on the edge of your map, which really fucking helps since that happens on the other side of the fucking level /sarcasm.

Edited by Jet1337

• 2 months later...
I wish I can meet the devs and kick everyone in their balls and laugh at them while they roll around in pain. This is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever seen in a videogame. I've been sitting here for almost 3 hours trying to do this and only two times have I been a second off from the goal.

In the time that it will take me to complete this ONE MISSION, I could've already completed a normal arcade game and have all the achievements for the game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An observation I noticed is that people won't get hungry if their dots aren't on the edge of your map, which really fucking helps since that happens on the other side of the fucking level /sarcasm.

Agreed! It is pretty ridiculous!

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After leaving the game for a year (or two), I went after it for 3 straight nights. Finally got it today.

My pattern:

Guy by the pool

Guy by the tree house

Girl by the sprinkler

Other girl by the sprinkler

Girl who wanders from backyard to frontyard in next yard to left of 2 sprinkler girls

Bottom line: THIS ACHIEVEMENT SUCKS! Just stick with it and look for one of the patterns in this thread, and you'll get it eventually.

PS "The King" got a special set of "goggles" after the achievement popped. ;-)

• 2 months later...

Just got mine as well and thought I would post how. Over 3 nights, I actually attemtped it about 50 times. But I had to restart several hundred times. Twice I got it in 1:01. Then finally the best pathing opened up. Literally as I was finishing one person the next person got hungry. The biggest thing is to restart until one of the 2 yakking girls or the girl just on the other side of the wall is hungry at the start. Get them and do a level 3 flourish and watch your map to see who gets hungry. You learn which circle is where across the map and can tell if you need to cut across the street of not. So here was my 5. Note that the pool guy was hungry this time and this time only for me, never before in any of my attempts.

Girl walking on other side of wall

Pool boy

Guy trimming where girl is inside porch

Guy by the tree house

Guy painting the fence

• 4 weeks later...

What an experience... Been working on this since 4:00 this afternoon. 6 straight hours later I finally got it.

What Jet posted earlier seems like it might actually be beneficial to beating this. He pointed out that they never go hungry unless they're seemingly on the edge of your radar. I noticed this as well. I've been playing with the two girls by the pool being my starters and it never seems to be of any use because the next one is almost always on the other side of the level. This time I actually wasted time and I think it benefited me.

My first girl was the pool girl in the tank top and shorts. I don't know if it was just luck or perhaps a trigger of some kind, but instead of going to the left to get her, which takes me about 7 seconds with practice, I instead did a 180 and went out to the street and around the house and approached her from that angle, which clocked in at 12 seconds. This triggered a whole string of people to the right in the yards and I just went in order. Even having wasted 5 second of my time, I still finished at 52 seconds.

In order:

Tank-top Pool Girl

Tree-trimming guy by the girl in the porch

Woman on the far side of the house with the treehouse

Guy on the side of the second to last house

Painter at the second to last house.

(It also pays to use the Level 3 Flourish on the first 2 or 3 people like has been said.)

Anyway, now that I'm past that hell, time to continue on with the rest of the game. Should hopefully be 100% in this by tomorrow evening.

• 6 months later...

59.93 seconds

I ran across the cul-de-sac to get to my first hungry person.

I spent about 2 1/2 hours getting this one challenge done.

Yes, it's 2011 and they haven't updated or improved the game. So good luck to us all who try it in the future.

SNEAK KING ... 200 / 200G for "E vee dub" on Feb/12/2011

Edited by E vee dub

• 2 months later...

Wow... this is funny. Wait, no it's not! I finished this stupid game a couple of years ago. What the HELL is with the X-axis and turning left when you want to go right (and vice-versa)? Never mind.

I re-tried this challenge SOOOO many times, I lost count. I read somewhere (not here) by someone who got it, that ran across the cul-de-sac during their attempt. I did this, and it worked!

I got two people near the swimming pool (I believe it was the pool cleaner, then one of the girls). Then, two people in the cul-de-sac got hungry, so I ran past both to deactivate them. Then the girl across the street (the direction I was still running) behind the corner of the house got hungry, I fed her, then the guy painting the fence got hungry... I fed him, then the girl in the next yard that paces around got hungry, and I fed her... and I still had 6 seconds to spare!

My heart was POUNDING when I did it in time, and when the achievement popped... I think my hands were shaking (mostly, because I was afraid I was going to wake-up and find I hadn't gotten it yet)! :p

This is one of those achievements in my "Achievement Case" under my profile. I think most people would agree with the designation!

Anyway... the randomization sucks on this mission: It should only be the people in the backyards who get hungry. It takes long enough to go from one person to the next one, hitting one in each yard... but it's still not even THAT easy!

Best of luck to each of you still trying. If you give-up... just come back to it in a few weeks (or months) later... you might get lucky! Believe me... before I got it, I was under the impression I never would!!

Edited by Restricted-Access