Achievement Guide and Roadmap (WIP)

h4mm32

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically you can do all in one playthrough i think. Use the Konami code at the main menu (up up down down left right left right b a) to unlock 1999 and get the achievement. Than play through first attempt on 1999 mode.

EDIT: Didnt see your post saying you changed it

1st of great guide and thank you. Just one thing i found better the other day following a guide on here is the person put missable achievement next to the achievement so you didn't have to keep scrolling back to the top to read what the missables were. Any chance you can do that plz. Keep up the good work and thx again...

Or/Also - Put the description next to the missable achievement in the roadmap section. That way we can keep the guide on that part without having to scroll down each time to see each description of each missable achievement. Otherwise, great job so far!

Just wanted to clarify a point about the Heartbreaker achievement - only the killing blow needs to be to the heart. I just got after an allied Mosquito hit him, I hit him in the back with 7-8 Hail-Fire rounds, set him on fire and finally switched to the carbine and hit him in the face. Just as he jumped, his heart came into my line of fire and the achievement popped before he hit the ground!

Just wanted to clarify a point about the Heartbreaker achievement - only the killing blow needs to be to the heart. I just got after an allied Mosquito hit him, I hit him in the back with 7-8 Hail-Fire rounds, set him on fire and finally switched to the carbine and hit him in the face. Just as he jumped, his heart came into my line of fire and the achievement popped before he hit the ground!

i'm not sure how you did it but to trial and error this method i just did this after a specific point in the story where there is only a handyman, i loaded the checkpoint 5 times to no avail. I think you got some fluke luck.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1594/1594-47.jpg Grand Largesse 10http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Spent $10,000 at the vending machines of Columbia.

You get money for killing people, looting corpses, and containers. You will get this in the process of upgrading multiple vigors and weapons as well as buying items and ammo through play. It should unlock around halfway through the game.

You can buy something from a vending machine, restart the checkpoint, and buy it again until you reach $10,000 if you want (restarted at finkton after I upset the boat captain and the achievement popped when I re-purchased upgrades)

Btw, for Heartbreaker mine unlocked even though I had the Shock Jacket gear on which has a 50% chance to electrocute enemies when they melee you and he was getting near-constant shocks from it.

However, what might have caused it to still unlock and possibly the same for the person above who said they only got the heart shot last and it worked is that since I was letting him pummel me so I could get a clear shot, I died, got revived and then he was waiting for me outside the Good Time Club - From the rooftop with the sniper I think I was too far away for him to notice me, I lined up a shot and killed him in that one hit due to his health already being so low and thus meaning he didn't have a chance to get close enough to get shocked and it unlocked fine.

Might be worth looking into if letting yourself die will make it easier, or maybe the gear doesn't count towards it which I was doubting a bit when I was playing to be honest.

ive tried damaging him with vigors and then heart shots... damaging him with guns and vigors and then a heart shot. damaging him with just gun fire and then a heart shot. possessing enemies and then a heart shot. and finally just heart shots. the last being the only one to work for me.... with no deaths just reloading checkpoints

I was wondering the same if someone could please confirm this!

if it is purchased at THE "Dollar Bill" store you CANNOT buy it.

think of dollar bill as "Bill's Dollar Store". if only BILL sells it you cannot buy there. you CAN buy from "Vincents Vigors" or "Adam's Armory" though.

Edited by h4mm32