Achievement Guide and Road Map

ViperxSniper

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but you need xbox live gold, no?

That is a good question. I would think, since you are not playing "online", you are just connected to the servers, that you wouldn't need Xbox Live Gold for this achievement. If someone doesn't do it before me (I'm getting ready for bed), I'll test it out tomorrow with one of my silver accounts.

I think the answer should be posted in the guide either way, too.

Don't think you can do the 200 passing + 200 rushing in Dynasty. I did it with UConn several times and nothing popped. Possible glitch?

My friend has only played Dynasty and he got the achievement, so it's not a glitch. I got it by simming 15 minute quarters on Heisman with Oklahoma/San Jose State. I got Unstoppable as well. I didn't feel like playing ;)

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

For some reason I reached all the way to Team Legend and never got the trophy for it.

Did I do something wrong.

We don't know what you actually did based on your post, so how can we know if you did anything wrong? :)

In other words, does being a Team Legend mean you earned all the levels of trust, or can you earn team legend status without earning all the coaches trust?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1834/+36V1A==.jpgIndependence Day 40 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Play and win the National Championship game with BYU in the first year of Dynasty

First of all you can not change the conference of BYU for this achievement. Doing this normal would be almost impossible since Independents can not be added into the AQ. However there is an easy way to do this. Create the following custom schedule:

1. Oklahoma

2. Alabama

3. Oregon

4. LSU

5. Texas A&M

6. Mississippi State

7. TCU

8. Notre Dame

9. Open

10. Florida State

11. Open

12. Auburn

13. Stanford

14. FCS Team

Using this schedule will get you strength of schedule advantage and eliminate some of the top teams. I was ranked #1 by week 10 using this method.

It might also be recommended that you pad the QB, HB and top two WR's stats to 99 so you are guaranteed the win each week (since you are playing top teams). You can do that within the Dynasty under the Team Management menu. If you raise the stats, you will not have to play each week, only the Championship (and you have to play the Championship; you can't supersim or sim it). Just sim week to week to see if you won, and if you did, save and sim another week.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1834/-P13mA==.jpgLock and Load 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

With Player Lock on, return an interception for a TD (excludes co-op).

This is one of the hardest achievements for the game. You can use 2 controllers to make it a little easier. What I did in last year's game was edit one teams player's stats all the way to zero except for the QB which I kept the passing stats up around 40. Then made one of my saftey's stats to max. Then selected that player with player lock (:rs:), then used the second controller to pass in the direction until I intercepted the ball. Because the other team stats are so low, you should beable to out run the other team and break tackles. Also can be done with the In Your Crosshairs achievement.

I didn't even have to edit anyone's stats. I used two controllers. I was Oklahoma and played against San Jose State. I was on San Jose's 10 or 15 yard line (so I wouldn't have to run as far). I picked a San Jose offensive pass play where there was only one receiver (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/x.png) on the left side. Then I picked an Oklahoma defensive play where the CB dropped back 10 yards (didn't stay in the flats). I hot routed the San Jose receiver (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/x.png) straight out, then took control of my CB. I moved him back around 10 yards and clicked :ls: to player lock. I also hit :ltbut: and :xbut: to spotlight the receiver. I hiked the ball and waited about a half a second. Then I threw it to http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/x.png and my CB intercepted it since he was in the right area (In Your Crosshairs). Since their defense sucks, I had no problem running it back for a TD. Unlocked. It was a little awkward using two controllers at once, but it seemed almost easier than last year.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1834/-P13mA==.jpgIn Your Crosshairs 10 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png

Spotlight a receiver and get an interception on him in a Play Now or Dynasty game (excludes co-op).

While on defense, hold http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/rt.png and select a reciever to spotlight him. Then just cover that reciever and hope that the QB passes to him so you can intercept it. Can also be done with two controllers and while going for the Lock and Load achievement.

It's http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/lt.png, not http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/rt.png. :)

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1834/-R2PCw==.jpgCool Off The Hot Seat 25 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Escape the hot seat (less than 30% security) to keep your job for next Season (Coach Contracts on)

Start a new dynasty and choose a mediocre team. Schedule as many of the top ranked teams. Sim through to the end of the season and you should have a losing record and have less than 30% security. Play through the off season and you should be able to keep your job.

Thanks to Toy Story 3 for this method.

Start off by choosing Texas and become the head coach. Go to roster and edit everyone over 80 overall. Lower the first 5 options to 0 and then save. Continue that until all players over 80 overall change to 40 overall. Now go to your depth chart and make everyone that is now 40 overall a starting position. If you get to a position with no one that is 40 overall, just skip that position. It shouldn't matter if some positions have decent overall players. The positions that are most important to have starters at 40 overall are QB, HB, and WR. Now simulate to the start of the season. After that simulate to conference championship week. You most likely will be 0-12 at the end of the conference championship week. You will not qualify for any bowls, so just simulate to the end of the season. The achievement will unlock after the season ends.

So I suppose this is the best/quickest was to get this achievement? Im only in need of 3 more to finish this game off so thank you so much (:

So I suppose this is the best/quickest was to get this achievement? Im only in need of 3 more to finish this game off so thank you so much (:

That way works but honestly I just started a dynasty with Texas did not change anything and they went 5-7 and after the season I believe I had about 8% job security or so. Both should work good luck on 1000

I am doing one more proofread on this now and then I will submit it. Hopefully it will be approved and stickied soon after.

I wouldn't submit it yet. The rules state that the game has to be out a month before being considered to be submitted. Besides, even if you submit it, the guide team won't even look at it until the month is up. Plus, the game has only been out a little over a week. Someone might come along in the 3rd week and have a new solution that tops yours and you may want to add it to the guide. Give it some time. Nothing says it has to be submitted as soon as possible. As I said, they won't even look at it, and if you make changes here, you'll just have to resubmit the whole thing. Waste of time. I know; I've had to resubmit guides before.

There are some better suggestions than what's in your guide but you haven't used a lot of them, especially in topic-specific threads. I don't care, because if people are like me (probably not), they don't look at the published guide anyway as the be-all-end-all of guides; they look at the forum guide and look at all the posts as well. When I look at a guide, I take maybe half of it from the actual guide and for the other half there are usually suggestions posted that are better than what's in the guide (especially for Ironman Performance and Dual Threat Coach).

Plus, the more detailed a guide, the better. Don't get me wrong, your guide is okay, but can be a lot better if you just took suggestions from this thread and the other threads that are topic-specific and made it more detailed.

Some like Tire Fire Offense, you can have a second controller run out of their own endzone giving you a safety, then turn the play clock off and sit out the game on 1 minute quarters, doing a QB kneel when you have to. "Play some good defense" as you say? You don't have to do that. At all. That is only if the player has a second controller, though. I personally have four, but some may not even have a second.

And My Two Cents, it's been established that you can't get the achievement by joining someone else's league. You have to create one for yourself.

EDIT - Maybe not, but someone in another newly created thread said that saving the dynasty is key to unlocking the achievement. Thanks, Churchbells xD.

For Living Legend, you have 'See "Dual Threat Coach"'. Yet for that achievement, you don't state in your solution to create a coach, nor do you say to use an existing one. It's an inconsistency.

I would just write a solution for Living Legend by itself, saying "Create a coach for Oklahoma and set his alma mater to Oklahoma (unlocking Dream Job). You don't have to adjust any positions or change your schedule, but you may want to adjust the sliders in your favor in the House Rules. Then, just sim each week and if you win the game, save and sim another week. You have to play and win the National Championship to get Hometown Hero (provided that you have stayed at least #1 or #2 in the rankings), and when the season ends, you should be an A+ rating, unlocking the Living Legend achievement." See, that's it. You can also put for Dream Job and Hometown Hero to 'See "Living Legend"'. It actually tells you how to unlock those two achievements instead of your solution for Dual Threat Coach, where they don't. You don't even say in that solution to use a created coach or set his alma mater to the school he is coaching, yet you say you could unlock those two.

Let's Do It Again, you don't state that it might take multiple seasons in your dynasty if you have a contract that's longer than one year. Some people might not understand that if you have a 3 year contract, it takes three dynasty seasons to get this achievement. It's just a fact of life that people don't read everything.

Leaders of Legend, you can't move a team into the conference and get the achievement. You have to use a team already in that conference. Same for Head of the PAC and Independence Day. And speaking of Independence Day, you don't have to play any games except the BCS game. You can just sim the season, provided you've adjusted the QB, HB and top two WR's to 99's. Then you will definitely win if you use the schedule that you say to use. With their stats at normal, you would have to play every single game and struggle to win, and some people want to get the achievements as quick as possible, hence adjusting the stats and simming. And you might want to reiterate that you can't supersim or sim the Championship games for these achievements (with the achievement descriptions saying Play and Win).

Earn My Trust, there are a different amount of levels for each position. I did the achievement using my Notre Dame RE. and I think there were only 8 or 9. Definitely not 11. You might want to change that. And you also might want to add that when you have enough points to reach the top level, you have to advance to the next week for the achievement to unlock.

High School Champ, may want to state that you have to actually play the Championship game, can't supersim or sim. I know the achievement says "Play and Win", and you wrote "Win", but some people misread descriptions.

Unstoppable and Balanced Attack can be achieved by playing a 15 minute quarter game on Heisman and supersimming the entire thing after the kickoff. Just make sure that you play against a bad team, like San Jose State. A lot easier. You could probably get Happy 20th EA Sports and Take a Stab Downfield too, but I already had those two when I supersimmed. Not sure if they would also unlock.

Lock and Load, you press the :ls:, not the :rs:, correct?

Take a Stab Downfield, any suggestions on how to gain 50 yards? Playing a team with a bad defense? Playing with a good team? Two controllers? Anything is better than "Simply complete a pass for 50+ yard pass." Some people might have trouble doing that.

Again, the more information, the better. This is just what I saw in the past 10 minutes. Just some suggestions, and if you don't use them, they're still here for everyone else to read.

Submitting it now, especially for a AAA title, is a bit premature. Read the links below.

Also, look at the two guides on PS3T.org to see what they say in their guides.

Achievement guide rules:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=180629

Roadmap walkthrough:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=109782

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

For Leaders of Legends, I subbed out every team but Ohio State. Brought in 1 star teams like you suggested...made it to the Championship. Played the game, with a little simming. no achievement.

There's your problem. "a little simming". You can't supersim or sim AT ALL in the championship game. That is why the achievement description says, "Play and win".

You can sim the season, not the championship game...

"And you might want to reiterate that you can't supersim or sim the Championship games for these achievements (with the achievement descriptions saying Play and Win)."

Independence Day 40 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png[/b]

Play and win the National Championship game with BYU in the first year of Dynasty

First of all you can not change the conference of BYU for this achievement. Doing this normal would be almost impossible since Independents can not be added into the AQ. However there is an easy way to do this. Create the following custom schedule:

1. Oklahoma

2. Alabama

3. Oregon

4. LSU

5. Texas A&M

6. Mississippi State

7. TCU

8. Notre Dame

9. Open

10. Florida State

11. Open

12. Auburn

13. Stanford

14. FCS Team

Using this schedule will get you strength of schedule advantage and eliminate some of the top teams. Now turn all sliders in your favor, turn off offsides, and set quarters to one minute. Once you get up by 3 scores and to the half, supersim it and you should have no problem getting the win. I was ranked #1 by week 10 using this method.

I have tried this but for some reason I cannot get the exact same schedule as you posted here I can't pick Florida State for week 10 everything else I can pick though so not sure what I am doing wrong. Also I did make a schedule since I could not pick those teams and went undefeated and won the National Championship so not sure what I did wrong there.

Any input is appreciated thanks

Independence Day 40 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

1. Oklahoma

2. Alabama

3. Oregon

4. LSU

5. Texas A&M

6. Mississippi State

7. TCU

8. Notre Dame

9. Open

10. Florida State

11. Open

12. Auburn

13. Stanford

14. FCS Team

Using this schedule will get you strength of schedule advantage and eliminate some of the top teams. Now turn all sliders in your favor, turn off offsides, and set quarters to one minute. Once you get up by 3 scores and to the half, supersim it and you should have no problem getting the win. I was ranked #1 by week 10 using this method.

I have tried this but for some reason I cannot get the exact same schedule as you posted here I can't pick Florida State for week 10 everything else I can pick though so not sure what I am doing wrong. Also I did make a schedule since I could not pick those teams and went undefeated and won the National Championship so not sure what I did wrong there.

Any input is appreciated thanks

Are you saying you got the achievement? If so, what's the problem? Why do you care if you couldn't add a team to the schedule after you won the Championship game?

That schedule is a suggestion. You don't need to follow it 100%. Why did you even think that you did?

I just don't understand why people can't read the achievement descriptions correctly. When it says "Play and win", as it does for Independence Day, Head of the PAC, Leaders of Legend and High School Champ, what does that mean? It means that you have to PLAY and WIN the game. Not SIM. Not SUPERSIM. Play the damn game from start to finish.

It would be helpful if that information was put in the guide, but as the guide isn't being updated anymore, I guess people will have to search the forums for that information...

For Tire Fire Offense, I was playing against a friend, and he was going for the Lock & Load achievement (which he did end up getting). He had 62 total yards the entire game and no offensive touchdowns, and he did not get Tire Fire Offense.

We played another quick game. At the kickoff (I received), I ran out of the back of my endzone giving him a safety. We turned the play clock off and let time expire. He got the achievement.

Has anyone else gotten this achievement by scoring a defensive touchdown? If not, the guide is wrong (again). It needs to be changed.