Hardest CoD Campaign on Veteran

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this question but I want to know what everyone thinks is the hardest campaign to beat on Veteran in the CoD series. I've only beaten CoD2, WaW, and MW2 on Veteran and I'm planning on getting this game in a few days to give it a go. I also want to play the Multiplayer because MW2 sucks so much. So, your thoughts anyone? Thanks!

(BTW I'm sure most people are going to say the 1st CoD because you have to get health packs, but can we exclude that one?)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might get slated for saying this but I think COD4 was the hardest on Veteran, or at least the last level 'No Fighting In The War Room' was sodding difficult lol Still an awesome game though mate definately worth going through :D

i cant remember struggling massively on cod4, but i found waw really difficult with the frags surrounding you every 2 seconds. the mw2 campaign was easy compared to the previous 2 cod games. cant wait to be playing the black ops campaign! :)

I think that both COD4 and COD:WaW had missions that at times seemed impossible.

MW2 was just a dissapointment. I was playing it on veteran, going through the missions pretty quickly, then I noticed credits. I was thinking, "That's it?"

Not taking Classic into consideration (Because i havnt played it) Imo it goes like this:

1) Cod 3.

2) Cod 2.

3) WaW.

4) Cod 4.

5) MW2.

Its a hard decision between Cod 4 and WaW but i think WaW is little harder because of the terrible grenade spams and getting the up hill in "Blowtorch and Corkscrew" (I think its called that) and taking out the Flak guns at the end of game are much harder levels than "No fighting in the war room", "Mile high club" is really easy, I personally dont see why players have so much trouble with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say, honestly, this game was pretty easy, I flew through the last 4 missions in less than 2 hours. I guess it was luck or something lol, and Mile High Club wasn't so hard, it's all about flashes =)

In my memory, Waw was much harder than MW. This was namely because of the "fake" difficulty in the game. There are less checkpoints and the grenades are insane, while getting shot by a turret standing 50 meters away from me through a cm hole in my cover because I had to move because of a grenade is just plain weak.

I think WaW was a lot cheaper. Some parts were just literally spamming smoke and hope for a checkpoint, such as the beginning of blowtorch and corkscrew.

People have said that MW would be just as cheap (I played the games in the order of WaW, MW2 to MW, btw) but I'd disagree with that. I loved the grenades, the rush of sprinting from cover to cover, fighting to survive etc. I've been the victim of poor checkpoints twice in the whole game, one of which was my own fault. By developing a strategy I were able to beat all levels with relative ease, especially for my first singleplayer run.

MW2 is just bad. Call me stupid, but I hate how the enemies don't respawn. It gives me an even bigger feeling of "just camp and you will win". I don't have a single moment of the game in my memory relating to the difficulty.

World at War without a shadow of a doubt. I've gotten through most of Modern Warfare's Veteran, I've completely finished Modern Warfare 2's campaign on Veteran... But WaW... *Cringes*. I played maybe... Like... Four? Levels of that on Veteran, and must've died about 100 times from the "Raining Grenades" cheat the enemy AI seems to have on ;] Haha.

1. CoD: WaW

2. CoD 2

3. CoD: Modern Warfare

4. CoD: Modern Warfare 2

I'm only halfway through WaW but it is easily the hardest one in my opinion, mainly because of the frags that frequently flying your way.

I haven't played CoD 3 and I've only played a demo for CoD classic so i can't really give my verdict on that.

I don't mean to sound too cocky but i found 'No Fighting in the War Room' pretty easy, the only thing i struggled on was 'Mile High Club'.

Edited by Tready1993

• 2 weeks later...