Champion Mode Sucks

kolbe11

I am having a serious problem with Meldrick Johnson. Anyone have some strategy to use on him? I am guessing you have to do some left hand combinations?

I don't know how many times I've fought him, but he is a fricking brick wall. Whenever I get him stunned he runs away (which I can't understand how he can run away backwards faster than my guy can walk forward! :confused: ) then once I catch up to him he just blocks everything I throw at him, jabs, heavy hooks/uppercuts etc.

I really was enjoying this story mode until they pulled this crap.

I can understand the whole "your right hand is injured, use your left to beat him" for some type of drama with the story, but then they also throw in the whole "with combination punches otherwise he is unbeatable! muhahaha"

Putting those types of limitations on games is annoying. I just rocked his face but I still lost because I didn't use combination punches? WTF

EA, this is the las game I buy from you, once I end it (IF I END) i kick it through the window. Shame.

Championship Mode is heavily scripted and in many ways works like a crafty tutorial for the main game.

Your complaint is that you can't go in there and spark everyone out in the first round.

That's not what this mode is about and it's not even what boxing is about.

There's a great story and it's fun to play through.

Like many have said, follow your corner's instructions and you'll do fine.

Like you pointed out yourself you pretty much HAVE to follow your corner's instructions to progress but there's a reason for this.

The game is making you a better player (in this case, possibly against your will).

Enjoy it if you can and at the end of it, if you don't care for it, you've got Legacy Mode and Fight Now where you can steamroll over the competition for the rest of your days.

Not only that, if GOAT is getting too easy, you can up the sliders on your opponents.

Sounds like there's more to be happy about than sad really in this game.

Az

hated this mode. story was ... if you can even call it a story. Come on.

Fighting Superman/SuperSayan in a boxing game is gay. I am talking about Frost/Cooper that can and will knock anyone out in 1 punch for no good reason.

Frost fight that requires player to prance around the ring like little ballerina for 7 rounds ... who ever thought that would be fun?

Yeah, I've started this today and I hate it too. I play Fight Night just to mash my way through people, that's it.

I thought the story idea was great, it was interesting, but the set piece fights are just plain terrible, they just drain all of the fun out of the experience.

In the next one, I hope they either make it so you are free to do as you please in the bouts during story mode, or just drop it altogether.

I loved the Champion Mode. The Frost fight was frustrating, but 3rd time from the first checkpoint and I got it. I don't even remember the Cooper fight, must have done it first time...

I reckon the Champion Mode prepares you for being an all-round boxer.

It's making sure you don't fall into your comfort zone and stay there, it's knocking you out of it and forcing you to do things you don't want to do, to improve you. I think it's a great idea and was REALLY enjoyable. Just way too short.

Also, what I like to say is, if you don't like, don't bloody play it. I know you might want the achievements, but jeez, you don't NEED to get the full 1000 for it. Nobody has a gun to your head forcing you to do something you don't want/have to do.

Playing is for having fun. Not having fun? Don't play.

• 2 weeks later...