Worth the hassle?

Etach

Hey all, ive watched the "ambitions trailer" and it looks like an "assassins creed" style of game (which is a good thing!..) But then ive checked out afew threads in this forum and seen people are having issues with the chapters loading and afew achievements being buggy and what not.. Now to my question, for the people whom have got 1000 on this game (or had issues), is this worth the purchase as it looks like a decent game, or should i just avoid this?

Hey all, ive watched the "ambitions trailer" and it looks like an "assassins creed" style of game (which is a good thing!..) But then ive checked out afew threads in this forum and seen people are having issues with the chapters loading and afew achievements being buggy and what not.. Now to my question, for the people whom have got 1000 on this game (or had issues), is this worth the purchase as it looks like a decent game, or should i just avoid this?

Even without the bugs and game breakers, it's utter shite. It's not even a fun button masher, it's just rubbish. Utter dross.

I thought the game was decent...

I wouldn't go around telling my friends to buy it, but I was also able to play through the whole game without getting sick of it (so its better than golden axe, beast rider in my opinion :))

I liked that the history of 4th crusade was mostly factually correct.

I was lucky and didn't experience any serious bugs, only the sound being set to 0 whenever I returned to the game, and on the odd occasion when lifting a gate one of us was left on the other side in the animation (though we both ended up on the right side)

I loved that while the game has co-op, it doesn't have a single co-op based achievement :)

I disliked having to play the game twice for all its achievements.

I hated the ending. [spoiler=suckyend] Nothing is resolved, the game ends unfinished. Though going by history Boniface is ambushed by Bulgarians and beheaded on the 4th of September, 1207 (attack of constantinople was in july 1203, so 4 years later) So I guess there is room for a 2nd game...

Edited by SpinelesS

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

To anyone new looking at this: I just played through the game and didn't experience any game breaking bugs. For an easy achievement game, it's not the worst. Dialogue and gameplay is really cheesy though and sometimes just bad, but not as awful as games like Eragon. If you can get it cheaply, it's worth a try at least.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just started this. After 3 mission of chapter 1 i can already say its one of the wórst games ive ever played. So regretting i bought it already. NO CHECKPOINTS TERRIBLE VOICE ACTING gameplay is boring as hell just pushing buttons and everyone dies no tactics at all. Camera is broken as hell and ive already encountered more glitches in 1 hour of this game than i have encountered after getting 1000 GS on most games. It was only 10 bucks but still isnt woth it. Id even rather give it Charity for the idiots in syria.