Virgil Sucks..

xTGMx INF3RNO

I know most people wont have this yet.

But I was just wondering on peoples opinions about Virgil. Love him in DMC3 he was awesome.

In this however I think he is terrible. Very basic move set. Probably about 10 different moves in total and they're all pretty poor.

Quite disappointed as the game was brilliant. Also don't like the fact there are no cutscenes in the DLC just random cartoon shit that's does not make a lot of sense.

Not sure how much the DLC will cost if you pay for it but if its over 400MSP My opinion is don't bother.

On the contary, I think he is great! Dante was obviously caterd more to the wild Hack and slash butten mashers who could be methodical.

Didnt like Virgil in DMC3. His moveset was easier to spam than Dante's.

He felt a lot more familiar to the original's Dante. Not sure if I like his dodge much. Far to easy.

Also they should have had some of those combo's unlocked from the start. You start off with nothing!

Meh, I liked it. 7.5/10

But seriously. That whole thing with his mom was baaaaaaad haha. Talk about up'ing the emo anime sillyness.

The achievments feel like a grind using virgil. Love dante and never get bored of the game.

Only played the DLC once and will force myself to do the difficulties with virgil

Yeah. Dante is great character. Older and Young Dante is great show himself and personal.

I do hate DLC come with fucked up like glitched or achievements not yet update to Xbox.com or other problem. Those thing I hate DLCs like that.

I do same alway do once DLC to finish off playthrough :)

I cannot wait for ME 3's DLC story drive next Tuesday!! :p

The achievments feel like a grind using virgil. Love dante and never get bored of the game.

Only played the DLC once and will force myself to do the difficulties with virgil

I did the first mission on hell n hell mode.

But its so not worth the stress for 40g.

So im out.

Doubt their be any more storymode driven dlc achievements.

So time to flog dmc

Bring on Tomb Raider.

I don't think that Vergil sucks, however, it's weaker then Dante.

The reason is that Vergil mobility is not "fluid" like Dante's and Dante have more weapons and tricks.

His teleport dodges are quite flashy but have too much recovery frames and you are exposed to enemy attacks! :(

But I think that is more fun to use then Dante and he has some fun moves.

It's quite essential to learn some basic jump canceling to expand Vergil's combat abilities.

The Story for the DLC is a poor excuse for an interlude to a sequel which is doubtful I'm about to do heaven and hell but im concerned about hell and hell since his dopplgangers arent that great damage wise as apposed to Dante who could stop time and face roll. His combat style lack fluidity and you are left wide open way too much and arent able to dodge or teleport especially if your using Hell Yamato.

*Mk I'm at 5/6 missions complete in H&H difficulty so far the only hard bit has been the boss fight on mission 5 and even that ones not as hard as the last boss fight in the main campaign just keep sword shield and doppleganger up and dont get punched by more durable mobs*

Edited by Tsukasa117

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Once upgraded and you understand "how to play" Vergil he's really good and going back to playing Dante afterwards feels sooo slow.

I completely agree with this, when I first started with Vergil, I really thought he sucked. Turns out they are both really good when you know how to use them!

I just finished the DLC and although there was some really annoying parts. IE. Dropping off an edge for eternity. Also I fell off a ledge I pulled on mission 6. Had to restart as it kept respawning me on top of an invisible platform but too far out of range to grab the next blue grab :(

The fighting style is very fun. When I realised how powerful he becomes once you master the timing of perfect slice, atomic and uprising move I was feeling sometimes way too overpowered. It's fun ripping them apart though :D

He seems a bit more faster with his moveset than Dante. I think Dante definitely as a lot more power though with his moves and alternate weapons. I just wonder why we can't use Vergil in BP. That would be cool!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

He's not quite TERRIBLE but damn it's frustrating to try and get good combo ratings. There's a delay after seemingly EVERY move. He doesn't have Angel Evade. Vergil's stomp isn't nearly as good as with the Eryx. No Renevant or Aquila means dealing with any flying enemies, ESPECIALLY the fucking annoying ones who "shoot" a giant spear at you, is a pain. Hell, Divorce is SLOWER than the first couple moves in any combo using Arbiter! The gap between the characters is only slightly better than Batman vs Catwoman in Batman:AC.

• 1 month later...